EXPERIENCE The 2020 Grandaddy of em All with Callaway Golf

Followed 2 of them now, but this is the first one that I've ACTUALLY paid attention to from the naming of Cap/AssCap, and I am stoked to watch the team assemble and memories be made.

If Matty and Clayton need an AssCapAss (or AssAssCap?), my calendar is open in early December. :D

A tale of two trips! The Grandaddy is unfolding for me, a second time, but through a different lense. I always wished there was a way I could go back. Any alumni who says they don’t is either a bad liar or didn’t “Grandaddy” the right way. To have this opportunity is amazing, but I’m most excited about the front row seat, watching another group of guys experience a trip that literally changed my life.
I hope you guys are STOKED for this year! I’d imagine @JasonFinleyCG has already begun brainstorming on fresh ways to drop jaws and pop eyes out of sockets, similar to what we saw this year. I get the front row seat, like @PhillyV had with my group and like @mikeg_74 had last year. It’s going to be a wild ride and we want you to take it with us! Start to finish, it’s gonna be special.

Last edited:
A tale of two trips! The Grandaddy is unfolding for me, a second time, but through a different lense. I always wished there was a way I could go back. Any alumni who says they don’t is either a bad liar or didn’t “Grandaddy” the right way. Too have this opportunity is amazing, but I’m most excited about the front row seat, watching another group of guys experience a trip that literally changed my life.
I hope you guys are STOKED for this year! I’d imagine @JasonFinleyCG has already begun brainstorming on fresh ways to drop jaws and pop eyes out of sockets, similar to what we saw this year. I get the front row seat, like @PhillyV had with my group and like @mikeg_74 had last year. It’s going to be a wild ride and we want you to take it with us! Start to finish, it’s gonna be special.
At the risk of wearing a meme out too quickly:

BE6C5258-C745-4125-8C8B-3A015BB23617.jpeg

A tale of two trips! The Grandaddy is unfolding for me, a second time, but through a different lense. I always wished there was a way I could go back. Any alumni who says they don’t is either a bad liar or didn’t “Grandaddy” the right way. Too have this opportunity is amazing, but I’m most excited about the front row seat, watching another group of guys experience a trip that literally changed my life.
Hope to experience this with you

had a great convo with @MattyD-MPLS yesterday. his ideas were spot on and it is obvious he has the perfect perspective and commitment and excitement to lead this team to another phenomenal year!

I cannot wait to see this team come together. Between you and @MattyD-MPLS this team is in excellent hands. I cannot wait for the contests to start dropping!!

Going to be another stellar year for the Grandaddy. Really stoked on the choices for Captain and AssCap. Two great guys that will do an amazing job leading the team. It's awesome how much excitement this event draws even this far ahead of it. Looking forward to how the team shakes out.

Following the live thread for the event is fun! I can’t imagine what it would be like to experience it!

I love going back to the beginning of these threads and seeing posts like this!! So pumped for you!

Too late! Haha. I snagged a Epic Flash SZ on eBay for a good deal.

I really like that you did because although i truly have no knowledge of what will actually happen, Callaways release cycles *should* see an update for the Epic Flash in 2021, so playing one for a majority of 2020 should give you some great review content!

A tale of two trips! The Grandaddy is unfolding for me, a second time, but through a different lense. I always wished there was a way I could go back. Any alumni who says they don’t is either a bad liar or didn’t “Grandaddy” the right way. To have this opportunity is amazing, but I’m most excited about the front row seat, watching another group of guys experience a trip that literally changed my life.
HA! I see what you did there..............

So we have Captain Dimples @MattyD-MPLS
Then we have the AssCap @dacatalyst41

Would be good to make it a triple D team with me, Doc, along for the wild ride :love:

If no one else minds, I'll go ahead and volunteer for one of the spots. Thanks, guys.

Over/under for the 2nd contestant to be announced for the Grandaddy.
March 1st
That’s probably pretty close. I always enjoy the way the contests run all year long. It just helps give everyone something to look forward to and keep hoping that the next name called will be theirs.

March 1st
I’m going under but only because it’s a leap year.

March 1st
I'd say (and hope) under.. while THP has a lot of events coming up quick I thiiiink there was an early contest or two for last year's Grandaddy

March 1st
Seemed to come later last year, but I bet it is under this year.

This year's team really needs a Randy...................or a Robert.......................or a Gonzalez. Holla!

Back