EXPERIENCE The 2020 Grandaddy of em All with Callaway Golf

I am not sure who I would match up best and frankly I wouldn't care. Even if I got crushed, I'd lose with a huge smile on my face just to be a part of the Granddaddy.

seriously though. I’d love to just hang out and play golf with some (from everything I’ve heard) amazing people. I’m sure my competitive side would kick in quick but oh my gosh it would be just so much fun period

This is the kind of attitude I want on my team! Compete with a gratitude to the hosts for allowing you to be there! Winning is great but making sure everyone has fun is the most important thing.

Let me check my calendar. Yup available on that day. Ready to go Captain! ;):D

I am not sure who I would match up best and frankly I wouldn't care. Even if I got crushed, I'd lose with a huge smile on my face just to be a part of the Granddaddy.

Amen, buddy. Amen.

Are any of the Callaway guys cigar aficionados?? That's who I'd love to match up with .. golf cigars blueberry vodkas mmmmm

This event is going to be STELLAR! I have no doubt in my mind. More than the equipment, the fitting, and The Hideaway, The Grandaddy is about people. Though some of the OG crew are gone, I can't wait to walk into HQ again and say hello to the Callaway family.
I've got a question for all of the hopefuls. If you can only pick one, who from the Zoo Crew would you want to be paired with for 18 holes?
Been going back over the 2019 Live Thread, and I think I've narrowed it down to 2.

1. Sean Toulon would be my first choice - To play a round with, and putt on the same greens with, the guy whose name graces so many amazing putters, would be beyond fantastic. Some putting tips would be great too!
2. @jeffneubarth would be my 2nd choice. Just seems like a lot of fun to be around, and would be a riot to play with on the course. Loved the ShipShow with him and @McLovin @j_sizzle9 and @zbeekner4 during the event

Last edited:
Obviously I would welcome any matchup, but I think I'd match up well with Jeff. His sh!t talking would be both hilarious and motivational. I don't get riled up easily so I think that would throw him off after a bit of me just laughing him off. If nothing else it would be a great time.

Now we all know the Grandaddy continues to evolve every year, but I wonder how the contests will evolve this year to try and win a spot for the team

I was thinking do I need to practice my smack talk or do I need to work on something creative?
But then I realised, I just need to be myself and let the chips fall where they will

In the meantime, I will just have to keep looking back through the previous year threads to see what a nice golf course looks like and try to imagine playing there when I look out of the window in to the cold and rain we have had recently

tried to explain this to a non golfer today. by the end of the convo he asked how come everyone isnt on THP lol.

Granddaddy reach knows no bounds
I've been trying to get my buddies to join THP as well. In my first year as a member here I've let them try out a new putter, some demo 7 irons, and some new balls I got here from THP just by being a member. It might take me being in the Grandaddy before they will jump in. Seriously, why isn't everyone who likes golf on THP? Mystery of the golf universe!

I would happily take any one on as an opponent in a match up. I mean have you ever heard a former Grandaddy representative say...man I wish I didn't have to play against him or her???

I've been trying to get my buddies to join THP as well. In my first year as a member here I've let them try out a new putter, some demo 7 irons, and some new balls I got here from THP just by being a member. It might take me being in the Grandaddy before they will jump in. Seriously, why isn't everyone who likes golf on THP? Mystery of the golf universe!

It took me getting selected to the Grandaddy for my brother to get involved and I had been on TEEm Tour Edge and the THP Championship!

It took me getting selected to the Grandaddy for my brother to get involved and I had been on TEEm Tour Edge and the THP Championship!
That was before you were THP famous though... Now that you're the Cap it puts you on a different level. You can start threads about yourself and it's ok :ROFLMAO:

I would happily take any one on as an opponent in a match up. I mean have you ever heard a former Grandaddy representative say...man I wish I didn't have to play against him or her???
I know a couple people wouldn't mind playing with, but might not want to play AGAINST Finley again.

I know a couple people wouldn't mind playing with, but might not want to play AGAINST Finley again.
I would relish every minute. You would be in paradise with one of the nicest guys alive who also has next level trash talk. What more could you want??

tried to explain this to a non golfer today. by the end of the convo he asked how come everyone isnt on THP lol.

Granddaddy reach knows no bounds
I've started playing golf with my cousin pretty frequently the last few years and almost every time THP comes up. The first question when we pull into the parking lot is almost always "what's new in the bag from your website group?" I've tried numerous times to get him involved but the next time I see him, he always has some excuse for not getting to it. His loss I guess. I've tried.

I guess I forgot the :ROFLMAO:

That was before you were THP famous though... Now that you're the Cap it puts you on a different level. You can start threads about yourself and it's ok :ROFLMAO:
Quietly deletes Captains thread! :LOL:

Quietly deletes Captains thread! :LOL:
No man, I love the threads where we get to learn about members here on THP. Thoroughly enjoyed the Grandaddy participant thread last year, and hope it will continue this year. Brings us all closer together!

To @dacatalyst41 ’s question...the great thing is there’s truly no wrong answer because everyone on the ZooCrew is fantastic

I'll play this game! I would love to get another round with the guys i was already lucky enough to play with but I'll go with someone I didn't tee it up with, @DNevsCG. I really enjoyed talking to him on the bus and would love to spend a few hours on the course with him. Heck, maybe he could teach me how to read a green.

Thank you Kev!! I’m sure we will cross paths on the course in the future.

DNevs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahaha! @DNevsCG with some late THP creepin.
Curious...how's that DNevs WITB looking lately?

Hahaha! @DNevsCG with some late THP creepin.
Curious...how's that DNevs WITB looking lately?

Quite Frankly, I will play whomever i am given, They will walk away, shaking their head, wondering how a 63 YO could play like that

Back