EXPERIENCE The 2020 Grandaddy of em All with Callaway Golf

The video of Dan and Finley will be something I cherish forever!

These are the purchases that you remember forever! Working hard for something you want is the best.

I drove for Uber so I could buy my Apex 19 Smoke irons and Glide 2.0 Stealth wedges.
It will be some of the simplest things that you will remember about the Grandaddy the most.
I won’t forget that day when I got selected and my wife brought this to work for me
9AD0E6E5-6AD1-44E3-A3C1-06B9EDCAFF7D.jpeg

What was your first piece of Callaway equipment?

I remember getting a Big Bertha WarBird 4 wood for my 16th birthday.

An X-Series 3 wood. Loved it, and hated it. Man I wish I knew how to hit a 3W properly back then lol.

It will be some of the simplest things that you will remember about the Grandaddy the most.
I won’t forget that day when I got selected and my wife brought this to work for me
View attachment 8928155
That is so cool! I bet it was delicious with a gallon of 2% milk!

Attachments

• F8B75EB1-E5F8-4A50-89A7-3F6F017416FF.jpeg
    F8B75EB1-E5F8-4A50-89A7-3F6F017416FF.jpeg
    71.8 KB · Views: 4

For me, it would be the Great Big Bertha that I got around 2014/15, but I do now have the Epic Flash Subzero driver and 3W in my bag along with an Odyssey putter and I have played the Chrome Soft ball for a few years as well

View attachment 8928155
My wife loves cookie cakes. If she had done this for me it would have had a few slices missing by the time it got to me :ROFLMAO:

I think it was a Great Big Bertha driver, that I put into the second driver slot. It was too long for my gapping so I went away from it. Second was a V-series heavenwood that's been very good to me to this day.

My first piece of Callaway equipment was a White Hot 2-ball putter. I loved that putter.... oh man....it was so unbelievable

Is this open to high handicappers? Would love to do this if I’m lucky enough to win but wouldn’t want to bring the team down with my 25 handicap

Is this open to high handicappers? Would love to do this if I’m lucky enough to win but wouldn’t want to bring the team down with my 25 handicap
It is open to all skill levels! No need to worry about that, everyone, even the Callaway Zoo Crew, will be welcoming!

Awesome that’s great to hear! I’m new to the game by officially addicted
Have you read over the 2019 Grandaddy Live Thread yet?

I was one of the higher caps in 2018 and our highest cap has become one of my favorite guys. In a nutshell, all caps are welcome because this event is bigger than golf.

My first piece of Callaway equipment was a White Hot 2-ball putter. I loved that putter.... oh man....it was so unbelievable
I have not played a 2 ball before. If I could get one with Triple Track lines and an S hosel and I would be in!

It is a brilliant design tho!

My first set of clubs had Callaway woods. Big Bertha Warbird Driver, 3W, 5W, Heaven Wood that my grandfather gave me when he upgraded his clubs. That heavenwood is still one of my favorite clubs I’ve ever owned (and still have it).

Last edited:
I have not played a 2 ball before. If I could get one with Triple Track lines and an S hosel and I would be in!

It is a brilliant design tho!

Think they have the two ball with triple track now... Not sure about the S hosel though!

View attachment 8928155

So far, this is my favorite GD story. Your wife rocks to do that for you.

I still have a Great Big Bertha driver!!!

I still played my first Callaway club until 4 years ago. It was a Big Bertha Warbird 5 wood with the RCH 96 Firm Flex shaft. I loved the feel of that club. Kind of in between a modern hybrid and FW wood. I still have this club too.

It is great to see the excitement this special event brings, and it is a journey that is done as a team gets built along the way. It will be contest time soon, and everyone wants that PM from JB, it is one of the best feelings in the world. Overwhelming, humbling and exciting all rolled into one!!!!
We all look forward to seeing how this all plays out, so enjoy it.

Awesome that’s great to hear! I’m new to the game by officially addicted

At a 30, I'm probably the highest cap in Grandaddy history. :cool::p

That being said, not a single person, on either side, cared in the least about the fact that I wasn't an accomplished golfer. I did my absolute best, had one heck of an amazing time, made some great shots, and other shots went swimming. ;).

That's the beauty of THP events....you're there for the amazing time, and no one cares whether you're able to make birdies or bogeys.

I was one of the higher caps in 2018 and our highest cap has become one of my favorite guys. In a nutshell, all caps are welcome because this event is bigger than golf.
Awesome, glad to hear these events cans still be fun for newer players. I have been wanting to play in some tournaments but am a bit nervous as I usually shoot around 100.

Back