EXPERIENCE The 2020 Grandaddy of em All with Callaway Golf

I haven't been through it all as it looks pretty long. Is it worth the full read?
It is, especially if you want a better understanding about what it is about.

At a 30, I'm probably the highest cap in Grandaddy history. :cool::p

That being said, not a single person, on either side, cared in the least about the fact that I wasn't an accomplished golfer. I did my absolute best, had one heck of an amazing time, made some great shots, and other shots went swimming. ;).

That's the beauty of THP events....you're there for the amazing time, and no one cares whether you're able to make birdies or bogeys.
Great to hear that! I'm newer to golf and THP but have loved the forums so far. Hopefully I will get the chance to play in one of the events someday. The only tournament I have ever played was a best ball format which made it easy for me.

Awesome, glad to hear these events cans still be fun for newer players. I have been wanting to play in some tournaments but am a bit nervous as I usually shoot around 100.

The name of the website is the Hackers Paradise.

In that case I will definitely check it out!

Here ya go, I'll make it easy to find!

The name of the website is the Hackers Paradise.
Touche lol. I guess being a newer player I forget that most people struggle with this game and were new players at some point as almost everyone shoots lower than me.

I haven't been through it all as it looks pretty long. Is it worth the full read?
Absolutely worth the full read. You can't get a sense of the entire event if you don't take it all in and experience it all as the THP'ers are there and posting with the live updates. It really is awesome!!

Awesome, glad to hear these events cans still be fun for newer players. I have been wanting to play in some tournaments but am a bit nervous as I usually shoot around 100.

The opportunity for all skill levels to participate is what I love most about this place. Sounds like you love the game and are improving. Keep it up and maybe we will be teammates in California!

The opportunity for all skill levels to participate is what I love most about this place. Sounds like you love the game and are improving. Keep it up and maybe we will be teammates in California!
Thanks man I hope so!

My first full bag was Callaway. Steelhead Plus drive, 3, 5, steelhead x-14 irons. I’m still using the irons...the Callaways were my “last purchase as a free man”, before I got married. This was in 2000.
I've still got a set of X-16's in the garage!

As long as it's accurate you never have to worry about your handicap at any THP experience. The competitive aspect is certainly a part of some events but it's more about having fun and enjoying the heck out of the experience.

At a 30, I'm probably the highest cap in Grandaddy history. :cool::p

That being said, not a single person, on either side, cared in the least about the fact that I wasn't an accomplished golfer. I did my absolute best, had one heck of an amazing time, made some great shots, and other shots went swimming. ;).

That's the beauty of THP events....you're there for the amazing time, and no one cares whether you're able to make birdies or bogeys.
Also you were one of the best follows during the 2019 Grandaddy. (and Snickers shoes)

After reading and replying at sporadic intervals, I think @OITW needs to give everyone interested a lesson in the use of multi-quote, at least myself because he's a master at that.

One thing that might be nice for the update threads is some ability to label those who attend the events so you could later filter for just the updates if you wanted

I don’t recommend it if you’re trying to pad your post count haha
Quality over quantity in this case.

Also you were one of the best follows during the 2019 Grandaddy. (and Snickers shoes)

Much appreciated.

I've been reading back through the 2019 live thread and wanted to pass on something to those during the 2020 live thread. If you're trying to ask a question to a specific team member, tag them. If you're speaking to just a couple of people, tag them. If you're talking to the team in general, it's okay, someone will likely see your question/statement and respond. The pace is so crazy that there were multiple questions in the live thread that I didn't even see until I got home and walked back through it. It's nearly impossible to stay caught up in the live thread, answer questions, as well as pay attention to what's going on in front of you. So, tagging team members are the easiest way to get people to answer specific questions during the event.

Much appreciated.

I've been reading back through the 2019 live thread and wanted to pass on something to those during the 2020 live thread. If you're trying to ask a question to a specific team member, tag them. If you're speaking to just a couple of people, tag them. If you're talking to the team in general, it's okay, someone will likely see your question/statement and respond. The pace is so crazy that there were multiple questions in the live thread that I didn't even see until I got home and walked back through it. It's nearly impossible to stay caught up in the live thread, answer questions, as well as pay attention to what's going on in front of you. So, tagging team members are the easiest way to get people to answer specific questions during the event.
I think we should have a best practices thread for people in events. Something like knowing this will help those following along, as well as those in the event. Maybe make the Experience for everything that much better.

I've been in a couple of events prior that weren't quite so fast-paced, so answering questions on the fly weren't as difficult. But, regardless, if you're tagged, it's far easier to answer specific questions.

That being said, I wouldn't suggest picking one person in an event and tag them with 18 questions per hour, that are really for Finley / JRod / DNevs, etc, but more so if you have questions that are directed at that particular person.

Geez where have I been all my life! Currently on page 28 of 231 of 2019 Live Thread and had to take a break to just say WOW!

Back