EXPERIENCE The 2020 Grandaddy of em All with Callaway Golf

Bridgestone Golf

93civiccpe

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
And it needs more than 3 comments in one day!

One thing I found interesting from the talk with Finley is that this years Grandaddy might be different. I'm sure each year is different, but I wonder if this shut down will have an affect on product development, which changes some things for the Grandaddy. Just a point that he made that got me thinking.
In any case it will be beyond amazing. I love the honesty in his words. The Covid19 thing had changed the world and its affecting everything but you know that Finley and the Callaway crew will not settle for anything short of perfection!

gkeller813

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
In any case it will be beyond amazing. I love the honesty in his words. The Covid19 thing had changed the world and its affecting everything but you know that Finley and the Callaway crew will not settle for anything short of perfection!
That was never in doubt, that it would be beyond amazing. I just began to wonder what wrinkles they could throw in there.

badolds

prestaged
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
15 est.
20200329_074808.jpg

Even after its over the Grandaddy is never really over. The fantastic set of clubs will be with me forever. The memories of my teammates and the Zoo Crew will be with me forever. Every time I grab one of these clubs it feels special.

gkeller813

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
View attachment 8934243

Even after its over the Grandaddy is never really over. The fantastic set of clubs will be with me forever. The memories of my teammates and the Zoo Crew will be with me forever. Every time I grab one of these clubs it feels special.
Those look awesome. I can only imagine swinging a set of Grandaddy clubs and the memories it brings back!

MattyD-MPLS

Captain for The 2020 Grandaddy
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
View attachment 8934243

That is a sweet set up!

Tevenor

Boom boom stick
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So I was going through my practice ball ProV1s and look what I came across. I have no idea where I found it or when it got in my bag. So, lucky coincidence or harbinger of good fortune? Time will tell. :giggle:

20200329_121424_HDR.jpg20200329_121434.jpg

Tevenor

Boom boom stick
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
View attachment 8934243

Yummy.

tomcat

2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Those look awesome. I can only imagine swinging a set of Grandaddy clubs and the memories it brings back!
You know, it's still not something that I can completely put into words, even nearly four months after the fact. While I've absolutely loved my clubs thus far, it's more about what they signify to me, and what stories I can tell about the who, the why, and the how of getting them.

It's the event itself. It's the people behind them. It's not just a 7i, it's @DNevsCG explaining why AI in an iron is such a big deal. It's not just a driver, it's Nick Arthur giving me a mini lesson at ECPC during my fitting. It's not just a wedge, it's @TylerSheanCG working overtime to get our sets built and delivered to us as if we were pros. When I see those clubs in my garage I think of @JasonFinleyCG and all the work he did to make the week go amazingly well. The ball that sits in my display case reminds me of my singles match against @21Gonzo as well the time spent with every one of my team mates.

So, while I love the clubs for the gains that I see on the golf course, it's the gains that I got OFF the course, that I'll enjoy the most.

gkeller813

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
You know, it's still not something that I can completely put into words, even nearly four months after the fact. While I've absolutely loved my clubs thus far, it's more about what they signify to me, and what stories I can tell about the who, the why, and the how of getting them.

It's the event itself. It's the people behind them. It's not just a 7i, it's @DNevsCG explaining why AI in an iron is such a big deal. It's not just a driver, it's Nick Arthur giving me a mini lesson at ECPC during my fitting. It's not just a wedge, it's @TylerSheanCG working overtime to get our sets built and delivered to us as if we were pros. When I see those clubs in my garage I think of @JasonFinleyCG and all the work he did to make the week go amazingly well. The ball that sits in my display case reminds me of my singles match against @21Gonzo as well the time spent with every one of my team mates.

So, while I love the clubs for the gains that I see on the golf course, it's the gains that I got OFF the course, that I'll enjoy the most.
Wow, so well put! This is what it's really about!

strawboater

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

@tomcat - you mention the ball in a display case - have you done anything else to ‘commemorate’ being on the team, or to help you savour those memories so you can look back and be reminded in years to come?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

93civiccpe

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

OldeDude

Still Alive and Well
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
--19--
I am really missing golf and seeing the ball flying in the air!
I'll be playing Tuesday afternoon, we have about half the courses in the area staying open, so I'm going to try to get my game back in shape, you know, just in case I get the call for THE GREATEST AMATEUR GOLF EVENT EVER!!! :drinks:

Duffer Waldorf

President, Carl Carmoni Fan Club
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
11.4 (GG)

fuffle master

Hit it, Hit it, Hit it Hard!!
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Working
This thread is always fun to read and see the pictures. Such an event. It’s so much more

tomcat

2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
@tomcat - you mention the ball in a display case - have you done anything else to ‘commemorate’ being on the team, or to help you savour those memories so you can look back and be reminded in years to come?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I have multiple things that I'd like to eventually put in a shadow box, but haven't yet.

MichiganGripRip

Allegedly
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Another starting to another craptastic week. Thank goodness for THP and threads like the Grandaddy. So... @RealPretendPsychic has it settled in yet that you are on the roster for the greatest amateur golfing experience ever?

DataDude

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Just checking in. This event is going to be so meaningful this year. The group that gets to go is going to really be special to the forum for a long time.

RealPretendPsychic

Team THP Grandaddy 2020(1) - Trust The Process
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Another starting to another craptastic week. Thank goodness for THP and threads like the Grandaddy. So... @RealPretendPsychic has it settled in yet that you are on the roster for the greatest amateur golfing experience ever?
You got that right about the terrible start to the week... Has in sunk in? Not at all! I’m 15% of the way through the thousands of posts in last year’s live thread, which isn’t helping lessen the anticipation! Also is it December yet? I did order a ton of training equipment from Golf Galaxy (but only because it was on sale...)

MichiganGripRip

Allegedly
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
You got that right about the terrible start to the week... Has in sunk in? Not at all! I’m 15% of the way through the thousands of posts in last year’s live thread, which isn’t helping lessen the anticipation! Also is it December yet? I did order a ton of training equipment from Golf Galaxy (but only because it was on sale...)
Just remember. The actual golf is only a smidge of the event. And I'm convinced that no matter how hard you try, SOMEONE is gonna top their tee shot.

RealPretendPsychic

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Just remember. The actual golf is only a smidge of the event. And I'm convinced that no matter how hard you try, SOMEONE is gonna top their tee shot.
I’m a big 76ers fan, so I’m just gonna Trust The Process here and follow the Captain and AssCap’s lead. Can’t go wrong with that!

gkeller813

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

RealPretendPsychic

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

mmaynard11

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I’m still earning his trust, we’ll get to the sliders heart-to-heart when the time is right.
Glad to see you jumping right in! So pumped & excited for you!!!

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in