EXPERIENCE The 2020 Grandaddy of em All with Callaway Golf

I just hope they bring back the Travis Mathews boxers with the golf ball washer on the front of them!
1600823789131.jpeg

Probably the best deal any of us will ever encounter. Still hard to wrap my head around two years later.
Amazing the memories that are made on that $35. They will last a lifetime.

Probably the best deal any of us will ever encounter. Still hard to wrap my head around two years later.
It's amazing how often I still think about that week of heaven.

Every time there is an experience, it gets me so excited for December of 2021! @RealPretendPsychic, @dacatalyst41 and I are patiently waiting! We are under 400 days away!

My 2 year old (almost 3) asked me last night what I wanted for Christmas. I said a trip to the Grandaddy and she told me Grandpa already saw me this week.

She's not wrong. But still....I dream.

My 2 year old (almost 3) asked me last night what I wanted for Christmas. I said a trip to the Grandaddy and she told me Grandpa already saw me this week.

She's not wrong. But still....I dream.
I am guessing the contests will start shortly after the 1st of the year! Get ready!

One of my favorite GIFs. You do know that Bart's J E T S went on to lose to the Steelers the week after he famously told Sal Palatonio: "Can't Wait". By the way, the look on Sal's face is priceless.

One of my favorite GIFs. You do know that Bart's J E T S went on to lose to the Steelers the week after he famously told Sal Palatonio: "Can't Wait". By the way, the look on Sal's face is priceless.
I didnt know that back story, thanks. Just a great gif that expresses how I feel about a lot of the fun around here. Except for the backstory, hopefully my comment brings a win, instead of the Jets loss...:p

I didnt know that back story, thanks. Just a great gif that expresses how I feel about a lot of the fun around here. Except for the backstory, hopefully my comment brings a win, instead of the Jets loss...:p

It’s on the NFL insta right now 😂

Looking forward to this event next year

Hard to believe it’s nearly a year away! 2020 seems to be mind-numbingly slow at times and then leaps forward at others. Got a great Captain @MattyD-MPLS and AssCap @dacatalyst41 who I’m sure I’ll lean on more as we get closer to game time. Following the first two live events to go off since I joined THP has done nothing but increase my excitement and enthusiasm for next year!

@DMPLS_Wife (my wife) came out of the bedroom to me laying on the couch and deep into my phone! She asked me what I was doing, I responded talking about shafts and balls(tongue in cheek) with the GD crew. She rolled her eyes at me, which she does frequently and says to me “ you lead an exciting life!” I smiled at her and said I do.

It has been a little over a day since I was lucky enough to get 4 new teammates and I couldn’t be happier with the 4 that are going on this journey with Clayton, David and I!

Last edited:
Two more truer statements have never been made

Congrats to all of you. It's been a rough year and I know you all had some really great plans turned upside down on you. However, good things happen to good people and there are no better people than my brothers and sisters of THP. I eagerly await to see who fill out the team and represents Team THP for next year's event. I would be a liar if I didn't say I hope to join you in 2021. If not, I will continue to try. It's not so much the result sometimes as it's the chase.

Congrats to all of you. It's been a rough year and I know you all had some really great plans turned upside down on you. However, good things happen to good people and there are no better people than my brothers and sisters of THP. I eagerly await to see who fill out the team and represents Team THP for next year's event. I would be a liar if I didn't say I hope to join you in 2021. If not, I will continue to try. It's not so much the result sometimes as it's the chase.
I would love to sit next to you ay another THP dinner! Good luck!

@DMPLS_Wife (my wife) came out of the bedroom to me laying on the couch and deep into my phone! She asked me what I was doing, I responded talking about shafts and balls(tongue in cheek) with the GD crew. She rolled her eyes at me, which she does frequently and says to me “ you lead an exciting life!” I smiled at her and said I do.

It has been a little over a day since I was lucky enough to get 4 new teammates and I couldn’t be happier with the 4 that are going on this journey with Clayton, David and I!
Haha. Just wait until it's a year later and you're giving her the same answer!

So this one will happen in 2021?

2021 Grandaddy Participants, what was your favorite 2020 Callaway product? I know each of you have at least 1 thing from 2020 in the bag!

@Tevenor @93civiccpe @Muchmore18 @xThor @RealPretendPsychic @dacatalyst41

It truly is a toss up for me! As much as I love the 2020 Chrome Soft X, the Mavrik Sub Zero is my favorite! It looks, performs and sounds amazing!

If anyone else on the forum wants to chime in, go right ahead! Maybe @McLovin @radiman @bigskyirish @HarryPotter @mikeg_74 @zbeekner4 @clarkgriswold @Snickerdog @tomcat @badolds @JMB3 @NoShanks @j_sizzle9 could chime in also! I think they may have 1 or 2 items in the bag from 2020! :ROFLMAO:

2021 Grandaddy Participants, what was your favorite 2020 Callaway product? I know each of you have at least 1 thing from 2020 in the bag!

It truly is a toss up for me! As much as I love the 2020 Chrome Soft X, the Mavrik Sub Zero is my favorite! It looks, performs and sounds amazing!

If anyone else on the forum wants to chime in, go right ahead! Maybe @McLovin @radiman @bigskyirish @HarryPotter @mikeg_74 @zbeekner4 @clarkgriswold @Snickerdog @tomcat @badolds @JMB3 @NoShanks @j_sizzle9 could chime in also! I think they may have 1 or 2 items in the bag from 2020! :ROFLMAO:
Mavrik SZ 3 wood. I don't use it as often as a lot of other clubs. But, I can't think of anything that I have more fun hitting. Driver is a close second. But that 3 wood is special.

Kinda hard for me to narrow that down because I still have them all in my bag. :cool:
Two stand out to me though:
1- The SZ 3 and 5w's are just amazing fairways.
2- My Toulon Chicago is the best putter I have ever rolled.

The Mavrik SZ Triple Diamond driver is probably my favorite from this release. It has helped me find the right side of the fairway again and I'm ecstatic.

Mavrik SZ 3 wood. I don't use it as often as a lot of other clubs. But, I can't think of anything that I have more fun hitting. Driver is a close second. But that 3 wood is special.
Kinda hard for me to narrow that down because I still have them all in my bag. :cool:
Two stand out to me though:
1- The SZ 3 and 5w's are just amazing fairways.
2- My Toulon Chicago is the best putter I have ever rolled.

You 2 have me very excited to get fit for the top of the bag. I have been fit for irons, wedges, putter and a driver. Never the fairways or hybrids. I want to find a 3 wood that is going to be a weapon for me and I am thinking a 5 wood may be in my future!

Back