EXPERIENCE The 2020 Grandaddy of em All with Callaway Golf

I rarely. And I mean rarely hit a 3 wood off the turf. Usually only if I am terribly out of position off the tee and there is an extremely low risk scenario should I stray too far left. Almost every hole I play that I could use it to go after a green is well protected and it's not worth the risk to me. It is almost primarily a second tee club for me. I use it to get over trees on some dog legs or on par 4's where driver can be too long and get me into trouble.

But, that is what makes sense for me and my game. If it's not something that seems to fit in your bag or the courses you play, it makes sense to go 5 wood. Or, if you were looking to squeak out a few extra yards, maybe consider a 4 wood.
A 4w is one that gets overlooked far to often, but for a lot of people it's a great option...especially if you struggle to launch your 3w a bit. These SZ fairways have be pretty excited though. I mean, you didn't steer me wrong with the TD driver....even if the decision was made under duress due to extreme coercion tactics.

I must say I will really miss The Grandaddy this year. Such an amazing event both for the participants and the forum that we all look forward to all year long. I have no doubt that next year's will be one for the ages.

And just in case anyone needs a reminder of golf paradise..
1C8EEF2B-A30C-431E-A619-1169AE760CB4.jpeg

A 4w is one that gets overlooked far to often, but for a lot of people it's a great option...especially if you struggle to launch your 3w a bit. These SZ fairways have be pretty excited though. I mean, you didn't steer me wrong with the TD driver....even if the decision was made under duress due to extreme coercion tactics.
Mavrik 4w is arriving for me on Friday - you guys are just amping me up to get this in hand even more than I was...

Mavrik 4w is arriving for me on Friday - you guys are just amping me up to get this in hand even more than I was...

#4WoodMafia

That's not verbatim per say, but I'd say it's fairly accurate. Those guys can be really intimidating.
Ya, I'm scary. :ROFLMAO: I'll force you to drink some milk too. ;)

That's pretty much where I am now. Cobra SZ 5wood turned down to 17 degrees from 18.5 to act more like a 4wood and then a 3hybrid at 19 degrees to gap between that 5wood and my 4 iron.

Don't get me wrong. Given the right lower end of the bag, I might fill the top side with some sweet sweet jailbreak tech. 😁
I have no idea if the next fairway will be adjustable or not. But, if not, I think targeting a 4 wood would be the right call in your situation.

2021 Grandaddy Participants, what was your favorite 2020 Callaway product? I know each of you have at least 1 thing from 2020 in the bag!

@Tevenor @93civiccpe @Muchmore18 @xThor @RealPretendPsychic @dacatalyst41

It truly is a toss up for me! As much as I love the 2020 Chrome Soft X, the Mavrik Sub Zero is my favorite! It looks, performs and sounds amazing!

If anyone else on the forum wants to chime in, go right ahead! Maybe @McLovin @radiman @bigskyirish @HarryPotter @mikeg_74 @zbeekner4 @clarkgriswold @Snickerdog @tomcat @badolds @JMB3 @NoShanks @j_sizzle9 could chime in also! I think they may have 1 or 2 items in the bag from 2020! :ROFLMAO:
I have a Mavrik 3 hybrid in route as a commit to move away from FWs.... #Callawaygolfpreowned has a great deal and I'm anxious to have in had... unfortunately I won't be able to hit it until probably April.... but mentally this is me being in on swapping FWs for hybrids. Queue Bart Scott GIF.... Can't wait!

2021 Grandaddy Participants, what was your favorite 2020 Callaway product? I know each of you have at least 1 thing from 2020 in the bag!

It truly is a toss up for me! As much as I love the 2020 Chrome Soft X, the Mavrik Sub Zero is my favorite! It looks, performs and sounds amazing!

If anyone else on the forum wants to chime in, go right ahead! Maybe @McLovin @radiman @bigskyirish @HarryPotter @mikeg_74 @zbeekner4 @clarkgriswold @Snickerdog @tomcat @badolds @JMB3 @NoShanks @j_sizzle9 could chime in also! I think they may have 1 or 2 items in the bag from 2020! :ROFLMAO:
It seems like when I put the Mavrik driver in the bag I finally stopped losing so many balls off the tee so I'll go with that. I also just threw a Mavrik 5 wood in the bag and loved what I saw in the 1 round I've played with it so far.

I don’t like where this is headed. I am firmly in the @Snickerdog camp. Chocolate milk and cheeseheads!!!
1606940677073.gif

It seems like when I put the Mavrik driver in the bag I finally stopped losing so many balls off the tee so I'll go with that. I also just threw a Mavrik 5 wood in the bag and loved what I saw in the 1 round I've played with it so far.

I love my Max 5W but the draw bias is a little concerning. I’ve pondered hard the Mav 5W.

I love my Max 5W but the draw bias is a little concerning. I’ve pondered hard the Mav 5W.
I wish I could give more feedback on it but I won't be seeing a course for a few months. I have to image it would cut down on some of that bias though. Even with only one round under my belt it already seems silly easy to hit off the deck and the tee.

2 items stand out to me.
1.The Mav SZ fairway wood is crazy long! This thing is a bomber and great off the tee or ground.
2. The TT puTTer. You think you are good at lining up...wrong! But put this in play and you will be!

2 items stand out to me.
1.The Mav SZ fairway wood is crazy long! This thing is a bomber and great off the tee or ground.
2. The TT puTTer. You think you are good at lining up...wrong! But put this in play and you will be!
I am seriously considering a TT 10 or 7s

I honestly have a hard time picking just one because I'm a huge fan of every club in my bag.

If I was forced to choose, it might actually be the Mav Pro 2 hybrid. I never thought I'd replace my old hybrid, but this has been an absolute weapon. It's laser straight and I've used it for everything from going at par 5s from 230-235 to choking down on 200ish yard par 3s playing into the wind.

Back