EXPERIENCE The 2020 Grandaddy of em All with Callaway Golf

My first Callaway club was a S2H2 driver in 1990. It was very revolutionary then, first ever no hosel driver.
700ad72b5378f26d37c78b1909fe1315.jpg

Almost Fiddy Plus 2

They were ahead of their time for sure! I remember the irons being very good too!

They were ahead of their time for sure! I remember the irons being very good too!

The irons were great and if I recall they were over a thousand dollars back then so golf club prices have not really went up at all

Almost Fiddy Plus 2

What was your first piece of Callaway equipment?

I remember getting a Big Bertha WarBird 4 wood for my 16th birthday.

Like most, my first Callaway was a Big Bertha Driver. Remember when titanium was the rage?

88AC562F-EDF7-4183-802A-D4A697E70008.jpeg

I had a Warbird that was cut down when i was 8

This event is going to be STELLAR! I have no doubt in my mind. More than the equipment, the fitting, and The Hideaway, The Grandaddy is about people. Though some of the OG crew are gone, I can't wait to walk into HQ again and say hello to the Callaway family.
I've got a question for all of the hopefuls. If you can only pick one, who from the Zoo Crew would you want to be paired with for 18 holes?
This is such a tough question. There is no wrong answer. Ethan would be my pick. He was my host when I was there and made sure I saw and learned everything that was possible. I remember the day like it was yesterday. Only thing that could top it would be a round of golf with him. I have my fingers crossed!

My next one will be my first one. Never tried Callaway outside of some balls I found in the woods...

VFT Hawk Eye Driver. Started me down the rabbit hole. ?

Haven’t had one yet ? just recently really got into golf and haven’t got the chance yet... thought about picking up something used and/or cheap, but figured I can’t do callaway like that. hoping for the grandaddy to get the full callaway experience

My next one will be my first one. Never tried Callaway outside of some balls I found in the woods...
I thought there might be a few people that haven’t had a Callaway club in the bag.

Love the excitement that this thread drums up. Even the talk of a possible upcoming contest takes me back to July 17th of last year when I received that magical PM from JB.

It was a great driver! Remember when the Biggest Big Bertha came out? It felt and looked like you were swinging a 5 gallon pail!

Also had the Great Big Bertha II

I thought there might be a few people that haven’t had a Callaway club in the bag.
I never really considered Callaway before joining THP. Now after following the Grandaddy, seeing Callaway team members interact with us here on the forum, hearing the positive reviews on the equipment performance, and about their fantastic customer service, they are on an ever narrowing list of brands I would like to get in my bag.

It was a great driver! Remember when the Biggest Big Bertha came out? It felt and looked like you were swinging a 5 gallon pail!

First time I swung the biggest I thought it looked a shovel haha

Almost Fiddy Plus 2

My first full bag was Callaway. Steelhead Plus drive, 3, 5, steelhead x-14 irons. I’m still using the irons...the Callaways were my “last purchase as a free man”, before I got married. This was in 2000.

I’m not sure I’ve ever purchased a Calloway club. Definitely took my dads old Big Bertha as a teenager though.

It wasn't an actual Callaway club but I remember buying a knockoff Callaway ERC driver. I wanted the real thing so bad but I had better any money and that's the best I could do.

First Callaway club was a white hot putter. Then probably a wedge.

First Callaway club was a Big Bertha Warbird. My dad had one and I took a job helping a handyman when I was 14 if I remember right. Saved up my pennies and paid about $200 for it brand new. I loved that club. Could hit it off the deck like a champ. Have no idea what happened to it. I think I borrowed it to a friend that made off with it.

Love the excitement that this thread drums up. Even the talk of a possible upcoming contest takes me back to July 17th of last year when I received that magical PM from JB.
It is a magical moment isn’t it. Will be forever in my mind. Excited for the team this year.

My first Callaway clubs were the Apex CF16 irons and GBB woods and I still love ‘em.

The video of Dan and Finley will be something I cherish forever!

First Callaway club was a Big Bertha Warbird. My dad had one and I took a job helping a handyman when I was 14 if I remember right. Saved up my pennies and paid about $200 for it brand new. I loved that club. Could hit it off the deck like a champ. Have no idea what happened to it. I think I borrowed it to a friend that made off with it.
These are the purchases that you remember forever! Working hard for something you want is the best.

I drove for Uber so I could buy my Apex 19 Smoke irons and Glide 2.0 Stealth wedges.

Back