EXPERIENCE The 2020 Grandaddy of em All with Callaway Golf

View attachment 8934243

Even after its over the Grandaddy is never really over. The fantastic set of clubs will be with me forever. The memories of my teammates and the Zoo Crew will be with me forever. Every time I grab one of these clubs it feels special.
Those look awesome. I can only imagine swinging a set of Grandaddy clubs and the memories it brings back!

View attachment 8934243

Even after its over the Grandaddy is never really over. The fantastic set of clubs will be with me forever. The memories of my teammates and the Zoo Crew will be with me forever. Every time I grab one of these clubs it feels special.
That is a sweet set up!

So I was going through my practice ball ProV1s and look what I came across. I have no idea where I found it or when it got in my bag. So, lucky coincidence or harbinger of good fortune? Time will tell. :giggle:

20200329_121424_HDR.jpg20200329_121434.jpg

View attachment 8934243

Yummy.

Those look awesome. I can only imagine swinging a set of Grandaddy clubs and the memories it brings back!

You know, it's still not something that I can completely put into words, even nearly four months after the fact. While I've absolutely loved my clubs thus far, it's more about what they signify to me, and what stories I can tell about the who, the why, and the how of getting them.

It's the event itself. It's the people behind them. It's not just a 7i, it's @DNevsCG explaining why AI in an iron is such a big deal. It's not just a driver, it's Nick Arthur giving me a mini lesson at ECPC during my fitting. It's not just a wedge, it's @TylerSheanCG working overtime to get our sets built and delivered to us as if we were pros. When I see those clubs in my garage I think of @JasonFinleyCG and all the work he did to make the week go amazingly well. The ball that sits in my display case reminds me of my singles match against @21Gonzo as well the time spent with every one of my team mates.

So, while I love the clubs for the gains that I see on the golf course, it's the gains that I got OFF the course, that I'll enjoy the most.

You know, it's still not something that I can completely put into words, even nearly four months after the fact. While I've absolutely loved my clubs thus far, it's more about what they signify to me, and what stories I can tell about the who, the why, and the how of getting them.

It's the event itself. It's the people behind them. It's not just a 7i, it's @DNevsCG explaining why AI in an iron is such a big deal. It's not just a driver, it's Nick Arthur giving me a mini lesson at ECPC during my fitting. It's not just a wedge, it's @TylerSheanCG working overtime to get our sets built and delivered to us as if we were pros. When I see those clubs in my garage I think of @JasonFinleyCG and all the work he did to make the week go amazingly well. The ball that sits in my display case reminds me of my singles match against @21Gonzo as well the time spent with every one of my team mates.

So, while I love the clubs for the gains that I see on the golf course, it's the gains that I got OFF the course, that I'll enjoy the most.
Wow, so well put! This is what it's really about!

@tomcat - you mention the ball in a display case - have you done anything else to ‘commemorate’ being on the team, or to help you savour those memories so you can look back and be reminded in years to come?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am really missing golf and seeing the ball flying in the air!
I'll be playing Tuesday afternoon, we have about half the courses in the area staying open, so I'm going to try to get my game back in shape, you know, just in case I get the call for THE GREATEST AMATEUR GOLF EVENT EVER!!! :drinks:

This thread is always fun to read and see the pictures. Such an event. It’s so much more

@tomcat - you mention the ball in a display case - have you done anything else to ‘commemorate’ being on the team, or to help you savour those memories so you can look back and be reminded in years to come?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have multiple things that I'd like to eventually put in a shadow box, but haven't yet.

Another starting to another craptastic week. Thank goodness for THP and threads like the Grandaddy. So... @RealPretendPsychic has it settled in yet that you are on the roster for the greatest amateur golfing experience ever?

Just checking in. This event is going to be so meaningful this year. The group that gets to go is going to really be special to the forum for a long time.

Another starting to another craptastic week. Thank goodness for THP and threads like the Grandaddy. So... @RealPretendPsychic has it settled in yet that you are on the roster for the greatest amateur golfing experience ever?

You got that right about the terrible start to the week... Has in sunk in? Not at all! I’m 15% of the way through the thousands of posts in last year’s live thread, which isn’t helping lessen the anticipation! Also is it December yet? I did order a ton of training equipment from Golf Galaxy (but only because it was on sale...)

You got that right about the terrible start to the week... Has in sunk in? Not at all! I’m 15% of the way through the thousands of posts in last year’s live thread, which isn’t helping lessen the anticipation! Also is it December yet? I did order a ton of training equipment from Golf Galaxy (but only because it was on sale...)
Just remember. The actual golf is only a smidge of the event. And I'm convinced that no matter how hard you try, SOMEONE is gonna top their tee shot.

Just remember. The actual golf is only a smidge of the event. And I'm convinced that no matter how hard you try, SOMEONE is gonna top their tee shot.

I’m a big 76ers fan, so I’m just gonna Trust The Process here and follow the Captain and AssCap’s lead. Can’t go wrong with that!

I’m still earning his trust, we’ll get to the sliders heart-to-heart when the time is right.
Glad to see you jumping right in! So pumped & excited for you!!!

I’m still earning his trust, we’ll get to the sliders heart-to-heart when the time is right.
If he looks at you lovingly while talking about sliders, don't worry, it's not you. Soon this nonsense will all become clear...:ROFLMAO:

If he looks at you lovingly while talking about sliders, don't worry, it's not you. Soon this nonsense will all become clear...:ROFLMAO:
Does he want to eat me?

Nah, he's just dreaming about sliders.

And I'm convinced that no matter how hard you try, SOMEONE is gonna top their tee shot.

Happy to say that despite other errant shots, I avoided the topped tee shot. :ROFLMAO:

Back