EXPERIENCE The 2020 KBS Experience

As everyone is seeing with the Morgan Cup, this Experience has also been put on hold. It sucks but I completely understand the reasoning behind it! That being said, there’s no reason why I can’t be thankful for even getting this opportunity! Getting picked for the KBS Experience led me down a researching path that made me like KBS even more!! They make some amazing products and I’m excited to find out more sometime in the future!

As everyone is seeing with the Morgan Cup, this Experience has also been put on hold. It sucks but I completely understand the reasoning behind it! That being said, there’s no reason why I can’t be thankful for even getting this opportunity! Getting picked for the KBS Experience led me down a researching path that made me like KBS even more!! They make some amazing products and I’m excited to find out more sometime in the future!
It’s all good man. You’re gonna get there at some point. I really wanted this one so I’m living through you. Share away my friend on all your learnings.

I am looking forward to your trip as well. I have 9 KBS Shafts in my bag but am interested in the graphite offerings they have. Thinking the TGI 95 or 100. Love the C-Taper Lites that I use now.

Just sold my MP25's with C-tapers in them, I have the C-taper lites in my Bridgestones and KBS in myOL's too. I may be selling my Hogan Fort Worth Blacks with KBS tour V 110's in them. pretty much the only shafts other than the graphites i have had in my woods for the last 5 years

Just sold my MP25's with C-tapers in them, I have the C-taper lites in my Bridgestones and KBS in myOL's too. I may be selling my Hogan Fort Worth Blacks with KBS tour V 110's in them. pretty much the only shafts other than the graphites i have had in my woods for the last 5 years

Ft Worth blacks you say??? Hmmm 🤔

Ft Worth blacks you say??? Hmmm 🤔

They have KBS Tour V's 110, stiff with GP MCC Align Grips....I could message you some pics if you want. No longer available on the BH site

Bumping this one up because I’m STILL excited for this Experience!

I recently purchased a 4 hybrid with a TGI 80g shaft already in it and it’s quickly becoming my favorite club in the bag. That shaft is super smooth and very stable. They definitely nailed the KBS feel in a graphite shaft from my previous experience with some of their steel offerings.

COVID can’t kill my excitement!! I’m ready for this trip whenever it becomes possible. In the meantime, I’m going to work on my swing, my club head speed, and overall fitness so I can drop some bombs after this fitting!

I recently purchased a 4 hybrid with a TGI 80g shaft already in it and it’s quickly becoming my favorite club in the bag. That shaft is super smooth and very stable. They definitely nailed the KBS feel in a graphite shaft from my previous experience with some of their steel offerings.

COVID can’t kill my excitement!! I’m ready for this trip whenever it becomes possible. In the meantime, I’m going to work on my swing, my club head speed, and overall fitness so I can drop some bombs after this fitting!

I am really interested in the driver shaft! Let me know what you think!

I am really interested in the driver shaft! Let me know what you think!

So I’ve tried the TD shaft in a Mavrik head earlier in the year and I really liked it.

@ddec was right in his review last November when he said it’s far from a counterbalanced shaft. You could definitely feel the weight was closer to the club head. I personally liked that feeling when I tried it out. I felt like the TD shaft helped me find the center of the face.

That shaft wasn’t fitted for me but I had to try it when I saw the shop had that option available to demo. Just that short time made me excited to see what the fitters can do with that shaft in my F9!

I wasn’t sure if JB was going to make a post but I can go ahead just say it.

The KBS Experience has been cancelled. It’s a bummer for sure but everyone’s safety is much more important than this trip.

I’m thankful for even having the opportunity to go just from joining the Albatross Club and signing up on the contest thread! Also, thank you, JB for keeping me updated whenever I DM’d you, it was basically impossible to know what the heck was going to happen in 2020 while also dealing with other events and a big move!

Thanks everyone and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Sorry to hear that bud. Was great following your research into potential options for your game

Sorry to hear that bud. Was great following your research into potential options for your game

Thanks @OITW!
I did learn a lot about what KBS has to offer during this time.

I wasn’t sure if JB was going to make a post but I can go ahead just say it.

The KBS Experience has been cancelled. It’s a bummer for sure but everyone’s safety is much more important than this trip.

I’m thankful for even having the opportunity to go just from joining the Albatross Club and signing up on the contest thread! Also, thank you, JB for keeping me updated whenever I DM’d you, it was basically impossible to know what the heck was going to happen in 2020 while also dealing with other events and a big move!

Thanks everyone and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

It was a bummer for sure.
As mentioned, we want you to keep your airline credit to use for whatever you would like on us.
Enjoy it and take in some golf.

As mentioned, we want you to keep your airline credit to use for whatever you would like on us.

I really appreciate that! I think it’s going to be used to take my wife on a trip for our 5th Anniversary. I’m currently trying to convince her to go to Hammock Beach! 😅

So Sorry to hear this.....things are just to fluid right now and i respect the decision.....

that sucks, but totally understandable and the right thing to do

that sucks, but totally understandable and the right thing to do

Exactly.

I know too many people who are still dealing with the aftermath of contracting COVID. My friend even lost his dad to complications from it.

Sheesh you guys are amazing. Ya know, just another day on THP.

Sorry to hear that, @mjkladis! Hopefully you and the wife have fun on your trip!

I really appreciate that! I think it’s going to be used to take my wife on a trip for our 5th Anniversary. I’m currently trying to convince her to go to Hammock Beach! 😅
Hammock Beach would be an excellent choice for sure :cool:

Hammock Beach would be an excellent choice for sure :cool:

I fell in love with that place during the 2018 Morgan Cup!
That's been my peak golf experience!

I fell in love with that place during the 2018 Morgan Cup!
That's been my peak golf experience!
Same here, less than a month ago for the Ben Hogan / UST Mamiya. I hope to top that one day, but not sure it'll happen. What a place

Back