EXPERIENCE The 2020 KBS Experience

The new Black C-Taper and C-Taper lites are out. WIth the addition of the driver and fairway shafts, you can KBS the whole bag.....

Does anyone have any experience with the Tour C-Taper Lite shafts?

KBS_TOUR.jpg

Pretty sure there is a great review thread. We also have videos on it and a home page article I believe

There will be no Monday blues for someone. Good luck all

Pretty sure there is a great review thread. We also have videos on it and a home page article I believe
The link at the bottom of this does not take me to the review page

The link at the bottom of this does not take me to the review page

Just did a title search for C-Taper lite and there are tons of great threads and comparison threads. Might try that and see which one works for you

Winner will be announced monday

Feb. 7th - "Step 3: Sit back for a few days and see if you are the lucky THPer headed on a free trip. "

1234567, 8, 9, .. 10..

Good luck to all who entered.. This will be a memorable experience!

I'm so excited for whoever wins this. Monday can't get here soon enough.

Have I really not post anything on this thread?? What in the world!! This COVID junk needs to chill out so I can go one this insane trip in May!

Does anyone have any experience with the Tour C-Taper Lite shafts?

View attachment 8927845
I got fit in to these beginning of the year. Ive played Project X 6.5 for 6+ years and always thought they were the perfect shaft for me. Felt stable to me without being boardy IMO. But I was blown away by the C-taper Lite. At Club Champion my 6i avg. were:

Project X 6.5

Club speed 94.0, ball speed 125.4, smash 1.33, spin 4436, height 110, carry 184.4

C-taper lite 115x

Club speed 95.4, ball speed 132.7, smash 1.38, spin 4652, height 112, carry 195.2

Again I never felt PX 6.5 were too much for me. always had great results and consistency with them. No matter what iron I played with those shafts I was confident where the ball was going to go. But I didnt realize how low my smash and efficiency was. After hitting my own clubs with PX my fitter said an ideal 6i smash should be around 1.37

Ive tried the regular C-taper's and those things are like telephone poles. very accurate but takes a lot of effort to get them to work. The c-taper lite has a very small kick to them but overall still extremely stable. Out of the KBS lineup, these are the only shafts that gave me good results. The c-taper lite feels more stable than the $-taper lite to me. $-taper gave me higher launch and more spin costing me distance. I already have a high landing angle that allows me to stop the ball quickly so more height isn't necessarily better for me

1 month and 17 days until this I'm on a flight to San Diego! Wooo!!
I'm still super excited about this experience!

I guess I should start off with a WITB intro.
I actually play a pretty good amount of KBS shafts already but they weren't professionally fit for me.

Driver: Cobra King F9 Speedback 10.5* head (lofted down to 9.5*), LA Golf Olyss Prototype 65-S shaft, 14g front-6g back
FW: Cobra King F8 3W (15.5*D setting), Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 60-R
Hybrid: Cobra King F8 One Length 19*, UST Mamiya Recoil Smacwrap 7F3
Irons: Cobra King ForgedTEC Black One Length 5-GW, KBS C-Taper Lite 110S
Wedges: Wilson FG Tour PMP Oil Can 56*/60*, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 33" length
Ball: 2020 Bridgestone TourB RX

You can see some discrepancies in my current setup which is mainly due to a recent swing change.
My 3w and hybrid have shafts that were fine for me around the 2018 Morgan Cup but since that time, I've really developed a better and stronger swing.
I feel like the shafts I have in my irons work well but that's from my untrained eye so getting fit at the KBS Experience will be fantastic!

That's my current setup! Feel free to ask any questions about it or we can even discuss what shafts I might get fit into!

I actually play a pretty good amount of KBS shafts already but they weren't professionally fit for me.

Driver: Cobra King F9 Speedback 10.5* head (lofted down to 9.5*), LA Golf Olyss Prototype 65-S shaft, 14g front-6g back

You can see some discrepancies in my current setup which is mainly due to a recent swing change.
My 3w and hybrid have shafts that were fine for me around the 2018 Morgan Cup but since that time, I've really developed a better and stronger swing.
I feel like the shafts I have in my irons work well but that's from my untrained eye so getting fit at the KBS Experience will be fantastic!

That's my current setup! Feel free to ask any questions about it or we can even discuss what shafts I might get fit into!
How do you like those wedges? I've been looking at a some as a backup set.

How do you like those wedges? I've been looking at a some as a backup set.

They aren't bad at all! I got them on Amazon with a gift card that I received from work!
Idk if it's just me but I can't tell too much with different wedges when it comes to sole grinds.

Full swings make me think the Hi-Rev is a bit too active for my taste.

I'm curious what they do with your putter shaft - if you could change anything about that what would your ideal putter shaft feel like?

I'm curious what they do with your putter shaft - if you could change anything about that what would your ideal putter shaft feel like?

That's a good question!
With my putters, I want to really have a feeling that allows me to keep a good tempo. I guess that would be swing weight?
Stability is also something I want to focus on as well if that will help keep the mishits closer to the hole.

I've seen some posts that KBS has a new putter shaft in the works. It would be sweet to find out about that but the CT Putter shaft is one I've been eyeing myself lately.

i'm excited for you! it's going to be a helluva trip and experience.

i'm excited for you! it's going to be a helluva trip and experience.

Thank you! It's going to be incredible! Just keeping my fingers crossed that this COVID stuff blows over before May.

They aren't bad at all! I got them on Amazon with a gift card that I received from work!
Idk if it's just me but I can't tell too much with different wedges when it comes to sole grinds.

Full swings make me think the Hi-Rev is a bit too active for my taste.
One of the local courses has them for a decent rate, might have to pick some up. I'm intrigued to see what you get fit into wedge shaft wise.

That's a good question!
With my putters, I want to really have a feeling that allows me to keep a good tempo. I guess that would be swing weight?
Stability is also something I want to focus on as well if that will help keep the mishits closer to the hole.

I've seen some posts that KBS has a new putter shaft in the works. It would be sweet to find out about that but the CT Putter shaft is one I've been eyeing myself lately.

Yeah, I think putter shafts are where I have the most questions, seeing a lot of touring pros put different shafts in from different OEMs has me intrigued

Yeah, I think putter shafts are where I have the most questions, seeing a lot of touring pros put different shafts in from different OEMs has me intrigued

It's one of the things I look forward to when I go.

I’m really hoping the COVID-19 peak will be soon and California’s shelter in place order is lifted before the event! 🤞

I’m really hoping the COVID-19 peak will be soon and California’s shelter in place order is lifted before the event! 🤞
I hope so too! Such a cool event!

Back