Hole 8.
Hackers wins. Paradise up 1
Baylrballa/h8tobogie- 5 net 4
Littlerat/todd- 6

Hole 9.
Tie. Paradise wins match 1 up
Baylrballa/h8tobogie- 4
Littlerat/todd- 4
Looking back, that 18 foot par putt by Jose on 7 won it for them. We win that hole and we get a half! Sooo freaking close!!!

Great reading through all the recaps, what an event, it was so fun to follow along.

Sitting here making my way back thru the thread and a couple more fabulous shots I saw popped in my head.

Saturday Morning Shamble: This one is easy, every single shot @Master Yagley & @baylrballa hit was pretty much awesome. :LOL: Like @Parrot said in an earlier post, I've never had so much fun getting my teeth kicked in. When it takes a holeout from 85yds and putts dropped from 40ft to halve holes what can you do. Sit back and enjoy watching them play, that's what.

Saturday Afternoon Alt Shot: @Duffer Waldorf & I were matched up with @OITW & @Jmk202. Duffer & I played almost flawless on the first 3 holes to grab a 3up lead. I was teeing off on 4, and hit a dead push which almost ended up in the condos to the right about 25yds right of the fairway. After JMK found my ball (much appreciated) Duffer and I discussed the options and he decided to hit from the desert since the lie was pretty good. All he was trying to do was get the ball back in play. Duffer then proceeds to smoke a SPEEDZONE 9 Iron, if I had to guess, about 175-180yds just short of the bunker in front of the green leaving me about a 70yd pitch. It was definitely the best shot I saw played from the desert all weekend.

Hole 6: Both teams had a little trouble off the tee, OITW & JMK found what was probably the thickest rough on the course and I found the fairway bunker. OITW found the rough on his 2nd and Duffer got us back in the first cut. I hit hybrid for our 3rd to the fairway leaving Duffer about 60yd pitch. JMK played from the rough and hacked out about 20yds still in the rough on top of a mound. So all that to set these next 2 shots up. The pin was back right on the green in about a 30ft diameter space. Let's say it was a tight pin. I'm not totally sure what yardage Alex had, (I'd guess 150/160) but he proceeded to hit their 4th shot to about 4-5ft from the rough. HELLUVA shot. So that had to add a little pressure to Duffer hitting this uphill pitch. My man steps up and hits it perfectly to about 4-5ft himself. 2 wonderful shots under pressure.

Hole 9: So Alex and JMK found some trouble in a bush off the tee which left them laying 4 in thick rough short left of the green. Duff and I thought the bad break had done them in because Duff had smoked driver down the middle leaving me 75yds to the pin. I told Duff, with them having trouble my only goal was to not hit it into the trap short of the green so he needed to expect a 20-25ft putt past the hole. I pretty much did that, maybe a tad longer but mission accomplished to have a birdie putt. Alex has a severe downhill chip, from thick rough, with everyone behind the green watching that's pretty much a must make. Duff and I were pretty much on the other side of the flag watching Alex hit this chip. Great contact, lands on the green, it's tracking, IT'S TRACKING, Oh crap it's going in, He's gonna hole the dang thing, it literally stopped a half roll or less short. I think the whole group could've taken a ball and tried it and none would've hit it any better. It was an amazing shot.

Sunday Morning Singles ("THE CONCESSION"): Possibly a hole by hole, shot by shot description (With Pics) coming of probably what is one of my favorite singles match ever with @e1iterate. If he wants to do it and everyone wants to hear about it. It may ruin it for everyone :p
I've got some corrections and commentary for you.

1) you tried your butt off to get it into the condos on 4 tee. Which gave you the same problem I had earlier in the day. Neither of us crossed into the lateral hazard from the fairway so our drop would have been at least 150 yards back. Alex and i walked away from y'all convo about wheather or not to hit it, which was hilarious. It was like a first date with no one wanting to offend each other. You didn't want duffer to mess up his clubs, and duffer wanted your buy in incase it went really poorly. It took a few minutes then that epic 9i. We couldnt believe he just pulled that off.

And of course I helped you find the tee shot, I wanted to beat yall not win through penalties!:ROFLMAO:

2) my layup on #6 was about 36yds and put @OITW at a great number! :ROFLMAO: but that's my favorite part of team golf when your partner picks your butt up!

It's always a blast to follow along during the event, but reading the recaps afterwards is something I enjoy quite a bit.
Thanks Guys

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

I've got some corrections and commentary for you.

1) you tried your butt off to get it into the condos on 4 tee. Which gave you the same problem I had earlier in the day. Neither of us crossed into the lateral hazard from the fairway so our drop would have been at least 150 yards back. Alex and i walked away from y'all convo about wheather or not to hit it, which was hilarious. It was like a first date with no one wanting to offend each other. You didn't want duffer to mess up his clubs, and duffer wanted your buy in incase it went really poorly. It took a few minutes then that epic 9i. We couldnt believe he just pulled that off.

And of course I helped you find the tee shot, I wanted to beat yall not win through penalties!:ROFLMAO:

2) my layup on #6 was about 36yds and put @OITW at a great number! :ROFLMAO: but that's my favorite part of team golf when your partner picks your butt up!
Damn, I miss my PW

Being that I flew in to Vegas I wasn’t able to take my captains gift home with me. My friend and teammate @oumagic drove in and was kind enough to ship it to me.
This thing is gorgeous and I love the crown logo on there as well. I can’t thank my guys enough @oumagic @KY Golfer @Duffer Waldorf @MarMill8412 @ToddJ027b @vdubtx @LittleRat you guys are awesome!

I’m thinking maybe at some point I’ll have to get something stitched on the front pocket... I don’t think I want my name on it but what? 🤔 open to suggestions haha
76DDD18C-358A-463D-88CD-705E5AC0078D.jpeg
9A3BE850-0ADD-45D5-BC63-AD1EFFF57646.jpeg
C60481FB-309D-4A56-8C57-63623A3C9B94.jpeg
D5B00C00-A554-43EF-B828-07BB62A88550.jpeg
83B9B284-AECC-4B90-8C98-2499F4951E6E.jpeg

MC logo
Captain
JDtox
Team Paradise
Or...and I’m just spitballing here. An eggplant with one of those no smoking rings around it

Being that I flew in to Vegas I wasn’t able to take my captains gift home with me. My friend and teammate @oumagic drove in and was kind enough to ship it to me.
This thing is gorgeous and I love the crown logo on there as well. I can’t thank my guys enough @oumagic @KY Golfer @Duffer Waldorf @MarMill8412 @ToddJ027b @vdubtx @LittleRat you guys are awesome!

I’m thinking maybe at some point I’ll have to get something stitched on the front pocket... I don’t think I want my name on it but what? 🤔 open to suggestions haha
View attachment 8970276
View attachment 8970278
View attachment 8970279
View attachment 8970280
View attachment 8970281
As much as I hate myself for this it should say "2020 MC champs" If you wanted more you could list the team.

P.S. is @OITW PW in that bag?

As much as I hate myself for this it should say "2020 MC champs" If you wanted more you could list the team.

P.S. is @OITW PW in that bag?

😂 no pw, but that would be kind of funny

MC logo
Captain
JDtox
Team Paradise
Or...and I’m just spitballing here. An eggplant with one of those no smoking rings around it
BF23B021-289C-48E2-9761-356A081119D5.jpeg

And speaking to insiders, they are 100% sure the eggplant was the reason for the loss. Too much cuck love going around to play some golf. Probably also a reason for slow play :D

still planning to do a recap at some point....

interesting stat though, as of now there are 8,669 messages in the hackers 2020 discord server thread started early august after the replacement mates were added. :oops:

I have not yet found a way to search how many eggplant emojis were used.

View attachment 8970276
View attachment 8970278
View attachment 8970279
View attachment 8970280
View attachment 8970281
That bag is more gorgeous in real pictures. Team paradise logo with 2020 champs!

Embroidery of the Morgan Cup with a no eggplant inside would be so funny to see.

That thing is SWEET!!! I think the only two you could trust not keeping it were @ToddJ027b who brought it & @oumagic who shipped it. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

I kid, I kid!! :cool:

View attachment 8970276
View attachment 8970278
View attachment 8970279
View attachment 8970280
View attachment 8970281
How about the MC logo, with one star above or below to represent the 2020 win. You win again in 2021, add another star.

Simple is better. Morgan Cup Logo and Team Paradise Logo with 2020 Champions. That’d be solid. Congrats again. That’s one hell of a sick looking bag.

Simple is better. Morgan Cup Logo and Team Paradise Logo with 2020 Champions. That’d be solid. Congrats again. That’s one hell of a sick looking bag.

Agree that simple is best and classic to commemorate this victory.

still planning to do a recap at some point....

interesting stat though, as of now there are 8,669 messages in the hackers 2020 discord server thread started early august after the replacement mates were added. :oops:

I have not yet found a way to search how many eggplant emojis were used.
Not sure if there is a stat to capture that if if we had 8.7k messages its a safe bet that 10k Eggplants were used!

I was a fan of Cobra drivers before joining THP and following my 1st MC in 2019. Now I am a huge fan of all things Cobra. Recently picked up the new Speedzone driver, and have loved nearly all the 2020 releases. My highest want is the King Forged Tecs, maybe even in the OL variety, and I hope one day to have the opportunity to add more Cobra to my bag. I liked Cobra before, but the investment in their brand shines so bright in my eyes. Jose and Yagley, and the entire MC experience only solidifies how I feel about Cobra. So my question, for those who played and for those who followed:

After the Morgan Cup, how has your view of Cobra golf changed? Is their one thing you learned, read, saw, that makes Cobra jump out above other brands?

I was a fan of Cobra drivers before joining THP and following my 1st MC in 2019. Now I am a huge fan of all things Cobra. Recently picked up the new Speedzone driver, and have loved nearly all the 2020 releases. My highest want is the King Forged Tecs, maybe even in the OL variety, and I hope one day to have the opportunity to add more Cobra to my bag. I liked Cobra before, but the investment in their brand shines so bright in my eyes. Jose and Yagley, and the entire MC experience only solidifies how I feel about Cobra. So my question, for those who played and for those who followed:

After the Morgan Cup, how has your view of Cobra golf changed? Is their one thing you learned, read, saw, that makes Cobra jump out above other brands?
Maybe not just one thing. I've always been a huge fan of the Puma side of CPG, but have always been a bit ignorant about the equipment side. Might be any number of factors primary of which is likely exposure. I don't think there is anywhere in town I can go hit Cobra clubs (this goes for several other brands as well) currently. My (unwarranted) perception was they were more worried about being "cool" than being high performance. I could not have been more wrong with what has been talked about and discussed these past two months, and what will be coming soon ;). Obviously, Yags and even Jose are an incredible face to put forth in representing this company. But even more so, the fact that the company went forward with the Morgan Cup this year, when no one would have blamed them to cancel it completely, says so much about what the company stands for.

Equipment-wise, the forged tecs are so far ahead of anything I've played and tried prior, it's kinda reset my entire performance perception as well.

As long as they keep doing what they are now, they've got an ambassador for life.

Last edited:
Maybe not just one thing. I've always been a huge fan of the Puma side of CPG, but have always been a bit ignorant about the equipment side. Might be any number of factors primary of which is likely exposure. I don't think there is anywhere in town I can go hit Cobra clubs (this goes for several other brands as well) currently. My (unwarranted) perception was they were more worried about being "cool" than being high performance. I could not have been more wrong with what has been talked about and discussed these past two months, and what will be coming soon ;). Obviously, Yags and even Jose are an incredible face to put forth in representing this company. But even more so, the fact that the company went forward with the Morgan Cup this year, when no one would have blamed them to cancel it completely, says so much about what the company stands for.
Equipment-wise, the forged tecs are so far ahead of anything I've played and tried prior, it's kinda reset my entire performance perception as well.
As long as they keep doing what they are now, they've got an ambassador for life.
Love these comments. A lot can be said for availability, but the MC brought this opportunity to you, and now you've seen what Cobra can do. Cant wait to hear more as you continue to play their gear!

Also, interest is getting higher and higher with each excited comment on the after hours talks with Yags and Jose on what's to come :oops:. Cant wait until we can hear more!

Back