EXPERIENCE The 2020 Morgan Cup Sponsored By Cobra PUMA Golf: Want To Be A Tour Player

i just found out something pretty cool last night.

On Saturday as the Morgan Cup rounds begin, I'll be celebrating 10 years on THP. Cannot think of a better way to do it. That's so awesome.
Well, that is just awesome!! Glad I will be there to help celebrate your 10 years! :cool:?

Had an interesting conversation around OL with Cobra CS rep today. It is an interesting decision. One of the setup options he mentioned has me very curious.
I'm listening...

I haven’t really thought about it too much ;)
Of course anyone reading that knows that is a lie!

If these are available and I had to choose tonight it would be:
SZ Extreme Tour Length 9 degree with Rogue shaft
SZ 5W with Rogue shaft.
2/3 Utility iron with Catalyst 80 shaft
4-GW OL forged Tec with Catalyst 80 shaft
54 and 58 OL wedges with Catalyst shaft

the biggest question marks for me are shafts because I have only been able to hit a few and whether or not I go one length. I have not tried SZ irons and they could replace forged tec if dispersion is better. I am waiting for our options before I schedule a fitting to nail it down.

I just got goosebumps answering the question. Unbelievable that Cobra and THP is making an experience like this a reality to a hacker like me.
? OL wedges ?

Had an interesting conversation around OL with Cobra CS rep today. It is an interesting decision. One of the setup options he mentioned has me very curious.
Is this top secret? I am interested in OL setups :)

Do tell more!!

Well sir-- we're waiting....

You're such a tease

i just found out something pretty cool last night.

On Saturday as the Morgan Cup rounds begin, I'll be celebrating 10 years on THP. Cannot think of a better way to do it. That's so awesome.
That’s exciting. 10 years is pretty impressive. We will have to get a cake!

wow the suspense keeps building with your silence...

Waiting for OITW to respond:

Alex the only way I could see your setup being more interesting than mine is if you do the CBMB Forged all at 37.5"

Oh wait. I got it. I'm the Cobra rep. Now it makes sense

I've learned my lesson with your bulletin board, not giving you anything that you can twist into fodder
I am just trying to decide whether I go OL or not and thought you might have some good info. I was only one of many that was curious. :)
I am an open book when it comes to the equipment I am pondering.

Last edited:
I am just trying to decide whether I go OL or not and thought you might have some good info. I was only one of many that was curious. :)

Alex the only way I could see your setup being more interesting than mine is if you do the CBMB Forged all at 37.5"

Oh wait. I got it. I'm the Cobra rep. Now it makes sense

You and I have spoken a lot about the OL and and performance, I had a lot of build questions and down line replacing shafts and swapping pieces in and out. He was very knowledge and provided very detailed explanations and reasoning for the OL setup. The shaft piece answered a lot of questions for me.

The interesting part to me was how he mentioned that a good number of people (and I know this will break your heart) go OL in long irons - variable in scoring irons and wedges.

Back