EXPERIENCE The 2020 Morgan Cup Sponsored By Cobra PUMA Golf: Want To Be A Tour Player

How’s the swing feeling, @jdtox?
Its a process, in the midst of a major swing change. Hence the video thread yesterday. Its better but not where I want it yet.

Awesome dude. Any burning questions or concerns?
I don't have trouble hitting longer irons in the bag. I can see where having a singular set up and (shorter) long irons can help with that, but if one doesn't have too much issue with this what other benefits do you see with OL?

Its a welcome distraction but man does it make you want to golf! Being completely honest I NEVER used to practice golf in the winter. However with the Morgan Cup I have been to the range more times in 30* weather than ever before, just can't go into an event like this completely cold with no swings, even bad ones are good haha
I'm with you, and think I would be out there too. Been practicing a lot of putting this winter, which has always been a weakness of mine. Instead of complaining about it, I decided to do something about it. Glad you're doing the same with the weather, instead of complaining, just going out there and putting in some work! I know you seemed frustrated at the way your Morgan Cup went last year, so I'm sure this winter work will pay dividends come May!

I'm a bit of a researcher so I've found most answers somewhere. Just need to go hit some. I'm current fascinated with splitting the lengths making p-7 at a length and 6-4 & hybrid at an other. And debating if that's a net gain or what.
My thoughts on one length are exactly this, if you're going to do it, do it. Don't mess around with things, Cobra did all the hard work (aka math) haha...the only area I think may be a struggle is the wedges but maybe not. I am going to make it a point to hit a OL 4i and a wedge here in the next week or so just to see whats what. OL is not something I'm really considering BUT all this talk of OL recently has me curious.
This is the answer right here. OL is all about simplifying the game, reducing variables, making things easier. Cobra has put in so much R&D, they've been continuously improving it, the tech is there. The biggest change with OL is the mental side. The best results tend to be with the people who truly commit to it, so I encourage people to go full set and dive in. And in this unique situation, I think going OL wedges is good too, although that's a more touchy subject.

I'm gonna write up a response to @MarMill8412 in a bit too, which might be useful on this too

This is the answer right here. OL is all about simplifying the game, reducing variables, making things easier. Cobra has put in so much R&D, they've been continuously improving it, the tech is there. The biggest change with OL is the mental side. The best results tend to be with the people who truly commit to it, so I encourage people to go full set and dive in. And in this unique situation, I think going OL wedges is good too, although that's a more touchy subject.
I ❤️ This response! We are on the same page sir!!

I'm gonna write up a response to @MarMill8412 in a bit too, which might be useful on this too
I ❤ This response! We are on the same page sir!!

I swear you guys are getting a commission for each convert :ROFLMAO:

There has been some great feedback for people who are considering OL. I look forward to seeing in May how this all plays out for those who go OL.

I ❤ This response! We are on the same page sir!!
Love it, I dove in and not turning back. With the Big Tour head coming out, I'm actually converting to OL woods setup BT/3/5

Keep talking up the T Rails my dude.

Do you mean those point and shoot hybrid irons from Cobra that make every shot want to go high and straight?

Where's @time4tim in this matter? He made the switch recently as well, much to the surprise of many, including @golfunfiltered haha

Keep talking up the T Rails my dude.

I will definitely have much more to say about them. And I will share my thoughts and feedback when I do get to hit them on the course. Although I would say in 5 swings or less, I knew these were the clubs for me.

I will definitely have much more to say about them. And I will share my thoughts and feedback when I do get to hit them on the course. Although I would say in 5 swings or less, I knew these were the clubs for me.
Awesome to hear! Love that feeling of knowing it's going to work right away.

Awesome to hear! Love that feeling of knowing it's going to work right away.

I had initial negative thoughts about them because they were hybrid irons and because of their shape. Also, last month, I hit a 7 iron in the stock graphite and didn't like it. Last week, I hit the T Rail with the Recoil 460 ESX (still graphite) and it worked. The change of shafts was it and I was able to stay in graphite (which I really want in my irons). And adding to my decision making is the fact that I hit the SZ irons well too. The biggest difference was on mishits.;T Rails are really, really forgiving. That fact sold me.

hmmm now there’s a thought. I’ve got a fitting this weekend at CC—-
You can DM or quote if you got questions, but this is the gist of it: I feel much more comfortable with my fairways than driver. Swing, contact, everything. But I still had inconsistencies switching between 3w/5w with setup, etc. I played driver at 12*, but my best golf has been 3w off the tee and in play. So I'm doing Big Tour @ 12, 3w @ 15.5-16, 5w @ 19.5-20. Playing them all at 43.5 (stock 3w), same head/shaft weight, similar shaft feel but different launch profiles. I haven't gotten the Big Tour yet, but so far it's been awesome just with the 3+5 matching. They feel identical, same setup, I'm already making more consistent contact in just 2 rounds.

I am re-reading one of my favorite books Golf is Not a Game of Perfect by Rotella and it reminded me how special THP experiences are. I have not played with a THP member that has wanted me to do poorly or vice versa. Everyone is so encouraging to each other and it is why so many of us crave to play with THP members as much as possible. I can’t wait to meet everyone and have an experience of a lifetime. Here is an excerpt:
29D25410-5AC9-4188-BD2A-395A694B357A.jpeg

I am re-reading one of my favorite books Golf is Not a Game of Perfect by Rotella and it reminded me how special THP experiences are. I have not played with a THP member that has wanted me to do poorly or vice versa. Everyone is so encouraging to each other and it is why so many of us crave to play with THP members as much as possible. I can’t wait to meet everyone and have an experience of a lifetime. Here is an excerpt:
View attachment 8927702
That is a great one page read, thanks for sharing! All of that is so true. You have to beat the course, and your own mind sometimes, before you can even begin to think about winning an event, scoring better, etc. And in this case, sharing knowledge to help each other get better is the ultimate goal, which people on THP exemplify constantly. If you all have this mentality going into the MC, you are going to have so much fun, and play some really good golf!

My mind hasn’t been into the whole “work” thing today.
596F92B3-5787-4F5F-AC06-1A78EA8C10D2.jpeg

Right there with you Sean. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hmm, May need to pack some growlers in my golf bag. :cool:?
Some people grab easy to pack, non breakable things like logo balls, ball marker, apparel, @vdubtx goes straight for the 32 oz growlers!

Last edited:
Some people grab easy to pack, non breakable things like logo balls, ball market, apparel, @vdubtx goes straight for the 32 oz growlers!

Oh, that other stuff will get packed too. Beer is always one of my priorities. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oh, that other stuff will get packed too. Beer is always one of my priorities. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
We can buy all of that other stuff at the pro shop, but I doubt they have my uKeg available for purchase ;)
I am interpreting their post like I have to buy their growler for $15 on Friday morning when I arrive for the 7:30AM practice round that @OITW setup and then refill it for $7 at lunch. But if they let me bring my own, even better.

We can buy all of that other stuff at the pro shop, but I doubt they have my uKeg available for purchase ;)
I am interpreting their post like I have to buy their growler for $15 on Friday morning when I arrive for the 7:30AM practice round that @OITW setup and then refill it for $7 at lunch. But if they let me bring my own, even better.

Back