EXPERIENCE The 2020 Morgan Cup Sponsored By Cobra PUMA Golf: Want To Be A Tour Player

I think the mental side is what kills us internet golfers more than anything else. Geez, I envy DJ sometimes. Maybe all the time :confused:

All this talk about OL irons and the mental side got me thinking about what the great American philosopher Yogi Berra would say: "90% of this game is mental, the other half is physical".

What commitment? Can you hit a 7 iron?
someone Skipped the OL podcast.
Is it next week yet?

I went and looked at some OL irons. I didn't hit any, but at address nothing looked really out of the norm for me. I agree with you, before I was hesitant because I needed to see it. I saw it, and now I'm less hesitant to try it out.
I like your perspective.
I want to take the lofted irons to the range and see ball flight etc. I would trust the launch monitor on the 5i.

Really looking forward to our options and getting a fitting scheduled. I have a week of MC prep scheduled March 6-14, but I won’t need any golf clubs for the prep I am doing.

Really looking forward to our options and getting a fitting scheduled. I have a week of MC prep scheduled March 6-14, but I won’t need any golf clubs for the prep I am doing.
What prep is that?!!

I am going to give my liver a workout on our spring break cruise. It is never too early to prepare :)

Makes perfect sense....

Paradise practices their drinking while Hackers practices their short game.

I smell 4-1 coming

Paradise practices their drinking while Hackers practices their short game.

I smell 4-1 coming
I kind of like both teams chances there!

This week should be fun.. Can't wait to see the selections!!

Finally got to spend some time with OL Forged Tecs today at the store. Spent time hitting the PW and 5i on the monitor. I was VERY pleasantly surprised how well I got along with them both. The 5i maybe took a few more swings to get adjusted to, but in the end it was pretty solid. Maybe about 4-5 mph ball speed less than I would expect but only about 1/2 club shorter than my current 5i. Im going to spend some more time with them next week and compare them directly to the standard PW and 5i. I honestly didn't think I would like this option, but they are now a strong contender!

Finally got to spend some time with OL Forged Tecs today at the store. Spent time hitting the PW and 5i on the monitor. I was VERY pleasantly surprised how well I got along with them both. The 5i maybe took a few more swings to get adjusted to, but in the end it was pretty solid. Maybe about 4-5 mph ball speed less than I would expect but only about 1/2 club shorter than my current 5i. Im going to spend some more time with them next week and compare them directly to the standard PW and 5i. I honestly didn't think I would like this option, but they are now a strong contender!
oh snap! THis might actually happen.

Really like seeing all this OL consideration in here. Great to be open to the different options. Goodluck as you continue to narrow down your selections. Each day I get more and more excited for all the participants!

Love that you went and hit those!! Just a heads up, the ball speeds across the set won't line up with what you are used to, since your club head speed will basically be the same as your 7i from top to bottom.

Last edited:

Back