EXPERIENCE The 2020 Morgan Cup Sponsored By Cobra PUMA Golf: Want To Be A Tour Player

Morgan Cupers...
How did y’all hit them this weekend?
This weekend has been the tale of two nines. Shot a 50/37 on Saturday and a 45/39 today. Really odd, but if I can stop putting myself behind the 8 ball off the tee and make my 3' putts we should cruising.

Would have been an interesting match play with those splits, hope my partner could carry my ass through the front.

Morgan Cupers...
I only played 9 holes. Talked about it in the equipment threads but hit driver and irons well in some soft and wet conditions. Didn’t score well due to some other struggles on that day.

Morgan Cupers...
I'm just happy I wasn't playing in competition this weekend. I was hitting really well last week, but my short game has completely left me. I am driving the ball and putting fantastic, but just terrible with the wedges at the moment. Lessons are coming soon.

Morgan Cupers...

Unfortunately didn’t get to play this weekend. Rain all day yesterday and had some car work to do today.

I'm just happy I wasn't playing in competition this weekend. I was hitting really well last week, but my short game has completely left me. I am driving the ball and putting fantastic, but just terrible with the wedges at the moment. Lessons are coming soon.
You don't need lessons. You need more beer.

If it is any consolation it was really windy in St. George today, to the point where the ball may have been wobbling while you were trying to putt. Would have made for some interesting singles matches.

And on the bright side you still have the Morgan Cup to look forward to when things get less crazy.

Morgan Cupers...
Still no golf allowed up here in bonnie Scotland - could easily be a few more weeks here for me before I can swing a club I'm afraid.

Still no golf allowed up here in bonnie Scotland - could easily be a few more weeks here for me before I can swing a club I'm afraid.
So if I said I played 9 on Wednesday evening, another 9 on Thursday evening, 18 yesterday, then have 9 planned after work tonight and another 18 on Wednesday, would you approve.....? :LOL:

Fingers crossed you guys can get out soon as well

So if I said I played 9 on Wednesday evening, another 9 on Thursday evening, 18 yesterday, then have 9 planned after work tonight and another 18 on Wednesday, would you approve.....? :LOL:

Fingers crossed you guys can get out soon as well

Ooft :ROFLMAO: That is almost word for word the texts I have received from every single one of my pals down in England, usually accompanied by a middle finger empoji or othewise insulting gesture hahaha

I'm hoping so, all depends on what Nicola decides she wants to do, am thinking probably a couple more weeks at least before even the conversation is had. Your guess is as good as mine!

Ooft :ROFLMAO: That is almost word for word the texts I have received from every single one of my pals down in England, usually accompanied by a middle finger empoji or othewise insulting gesture hahaha

I'm hoping so, all depends on what Nicola decides she wants to do, am thinking probably a couple more weeks at least before even the conversation is had. Your guess is as good as mine!
Are there any conspiracy theories that say the UK is keeping golf from Scotland because the 2014 Referendum?

Are there any conspiracy theories that say the UK is keeping golf from Scotland because the 2014 Referendum?
There are more conspiracy theories than you can shake a stick at! People are either lauding Nicola as the saviour of common sense in the UK or practically burning effigies of her in their gardens. I think she's just waiting to see what the results of partially lifting the lockdown south of the border are before she makes a decision. I stay well out of politics as an Englishman living in Scotland so I just nod my head and say nothing!

There are more conspiracy theories than you can shake a stick at! People are either lauding Nicola as the saviour of common sense in the UK or practically burning effigies of her in their gardens. I think she's just waiting to see what the results of partially lifting the lockdown south of the border are before she makes a decision. I stay well out of politics as an Englishman living in Scotland so I just nod my head and say nothing!
You're not even a scott? I've been lied too.

You're not even a scott? I've been lied too.

Fraid not, although certainly an honorary one. Am half Scot and half Yorkshire, been living here for many many years so McYorkshire is what I get referred to :LOL:

Sorry to hear that golf is still not allowed. I'm hoping that it won't be too long for you. The Cobra stuff is really, really good. That's something to look forward too.

Morgan Cupers...
I need to grab a couple more rounds to really feel comfortable with these clubs. When you hit them well they are great. Trying to focus on some different things in the swing to get more consistent results, which could be resulting inconsistencies right now.

Morgan Cupers...
Not great, but still good to get out. Shot a 42 on the front and 40 on the back. Hit into a couple hazards and didn't recover well.

Not great, but still good to get out. Shot a 42 on the front and 40 on the back. Hit into a couple hazards and didn't recover well.
Some of us feel like a 82 would be good... It’s all relative.

Some of us feel like a 82 would be good... It’s all relative.
Yep, I would be extremely happy with an 82. Still itching to break 90. I'm getting close, I know it. (y)

Yep, I would be extremely happy with an 82. Still itching to break 90. I'm getting close, I know it. (y)
Just saving it all up for the Cup!

It will come.

Back