EXPERIENCE The 2020 Morgan Cup Sponsored By Cobra PUMA Golf: Want To Be A Tour Player

My bad I thought that I read that a lot of participants went to Club Champion or another place and got fitted .
My fitting has stuck thus far— I did driver/woods at CC and then reconfirmed my iron shafts that day as well from a previous fitting at Cool Clubs.

My fitting has stuck thus far— I did driver/woods at CC and then reconfirmed my iron shafts that day as well from a previous fitting at Cool Clubs.
My man... Can wait to follow you in the Morgan Cup.

Very interesting. I have the Xtreme myself, I ordered Tour Length to give it a shot for more accuracy but am playing it at 45" as well. I've had the 14g weight since day one and honestly never though about changing it because the shaft I am using is counterbalanced so figured it wouldn't matter much. Honestly I can't imagine 4g makes that big of difference but its worth a shot.

What got me thinking about it was hitting another driver today that felt much lighter to me. First couple swings were left pulls then I got it figured out. Could have been the shaft too (Ventus Blue which is amazing btw) but who knows. I imagine we all adjust eventually to a weight change that small. I really should get a scale for s&g's haha
IMO, 4g matters quite a bit, but I can pick up a club and tell pretty quickly where the swingweight is. I knew mine was setting around D0 when I took it in and that was exactly where it was before moving to the 10g weight. I had already added 2g of lead tape to my 3W to make it feel right, so I checked that too and it was exactly at D2. Now, if I could only turn this skill into lower scores :)

I think there is something wrong with my clubs. Two weeks in a row I have shot 38 on the front followed by 45/46. I know it isn’t me turning into :poop: at the turn; it has to be the clubs. Maybe I need a set of OL SZ’s to play on the back nine?

My fitting is spot on as well - may switch a shaft but other than that fitter really knows his stuff

I think there is something wrong with my clubs. Two weeks in a row I have shot 38 on the front followed by 45/46. I know it isn’t me turning into :poop: at the turn; it has to be the clubs. Maybe I need a set of OL SZ’s to play on the back nine?
Yeah a club change at the turn, like a racing driver changes tires!

I tried the 14g weight with the new 45" setup and it drastically altered everything about the clubs performance. Spin was much higher as was trajectory and the ball did want to stay out to the right more. This was with the Xtreme. When I went back to the 10G I was getting much better performance. At 6g, I was seeing more pulls left (too light).
My Ventus Black plays 45" also and the 14g tour length head does feel heavy but it works for me... I do think the 10g would be the sweet spot tho!

How are you liking it overall??

My Ventus Black plays 45" also and the 14g tour length head does feel heavy but it works for me... I do think the 10g would be the sweet spot tho!

How are you liking it overall??
I only have 1 round with it but it is a better fit for me than the standard head. I am getting better control and the spin seems very manageable for the forgiveness.

I only have 1 round with it but it is a better fit for me than the standard head. I am getting better control and the spin seems very manageable for the forgiveness.
sry I meant with the weights!... you've hit the xtreme Ventus Black with both the 14g and the 10g???

I wanna try different weights, especially having the speed zone now, but Cobra orders are so delayed right now

sry I meant with the weights!... you've hit the xtreme Ventus Black with both the 14g and the 10g???

I wanna try different weights, especially having the speed zone now, but Cobra orders are so delayed right now
Yes, I tried it with the 6, 10 and 14g weights. The 14g produced a very high and spinny ball for me. That would probably be at a D4 swingweight at 45"

Yes, I tried it with the 6, 10 and 14g weights. The 14g produced a very high and spinny ball for me. That would probably be at a D4 swingweight at 45"
Interesting. I'm very curious to see what the 10g does for me if anything. I have the 14 and do think it spins a bit much as well.

Interesting. I'm very curious to see what the 10g does for me if anything. I have the 14 and do think it spins a bit much as well.
Do you have a 10g to test out? If not, you could put a single T25 screw in the hole and weight it up to 10g with lead tape (or any other weight you want to test).

Do you have a 10g to test out? If not, you could put a single T25 screw in the hole and weight it up to 10g with lead tape (or any other weight you want to test).
Have one on the way thanks to my teammate @vdubtx I would have ordered one but cobra is pretty backed up right now and wanted to try it sooner than later

Have one on the way thanks to my teammate @vdubtx I would have ordered one but cobra is pretty backed up right now and wanted to try it sooner than later
Hope it gets you dialed in some more 👊

I went up in weight to 14 to test out and continue tweaking.

I've got another fitting booked in for 12th July as a bit of a tune up on the clubs. Going to be trying a few things to replace the 5i, and also tinker with some shafts for the driver. Hitting it a lot better since I got the heavier weight, but I still feel that I'm leaving quite a bit of distance on the table. May end up taking the Canadan route and move away from Tour Length into standard length and see how that helps.

Well, I'm not the historian here, but I'd have to imagine at this point the 2019 Team Hackers are the longest holders of the cup in history of the event!

Well, I'm not the historian here, but I'd have to imagine at this point the 2019 Team Hackers are the longest holders of the cup in history of the event!

I see what you did there.

Hey there THP! Remember us? If there is anything you want to know about Cobra or Puma feel free to ask away

I feel like we need to create some virtual competitions between Team Hackers and yall... Maybe virtual Chess matches or something.

Or long drive competitions via Arccos Stats!

Hey there THP! Remember us? If there is anything you want to know about Cobra or Puma feel free to ask away

Hey sir!
Within the last 6 weeks, I've began gaming the F9 Speedback. What is the biggest difference you've noticed between that and this year's Speedzone?

Hey sir!
Within the last 6 weeks, I've began gaming the F9 Speedback. What is the biggest difference you've noticed between that and this year's Speedzone?
Ironically I just brought out the F9 last weekend for a friend to try and I had to take a swing haha. The first thing I notice is the sound. I LOVE the sound of the F9. The SZ Xtreme is louder but its grown on me a bit. Hard to compare apples to apples since I have the Xtreme but the biggest takeaway is the high launch and forgiveness of the Xtreme. I can't tell you how many times after a swing I look down to see where I made contact and often times it is not in the center...shocking I know. Overall I think I was longer with the F9 due to it being lower spin but the Xtreme does what it claims.

Back