EXPERIENCE The 2020 Morgan Cup Sponsored By Cobra PUMA Golf: Want To Be A Tour Player

Earlier someone asked for a WITB post of the MC participants so as I packed up my AWESOME new bag I figured I'd make the post.

Morgan WITB
Driver: SZ Xtreme 10.5 Hzrdus Yellow
3 Wood: SZ Hzrdus Yellow
3 Hybrid: SZ KBS Hybrid 85 proto
4-PW: Forged Tec OL C-Taper lite
50, 56, 60: MIM C-Taper
BB40 Putter
Bridgestone Tour BX Balls

As for why: I got fit at club champion (original post) for pretty much all of this gear and I go into the numbers in that post, but I have some less tangible thoughts for my selections as well. For the Driver I picked the avalanche (white) color because the matte finish on the top is absolute 🔥. For the Hybrid shaft I had originally selected a matching Hzrdus smoke yellow but it was back ordered, cuz 2020, you know. The Lead cobra fitter gave me a call a recommended I try the KBS proto because KBS had designed the profile be a natural extension of my C-taper iron shafts. I'm really glad I went with the recommendation because I think KBS nailed this, from my 4i to my 3H everything feels the same. I do have a bit of different feel into the 3W so maybe at some point I'll experiment with a KBS shaft there too.

As for the OL I feel like i've beat up that thought process a lot, but all I can say is I'm VERY glad I gave them a try. They are super easy to hit, and my contact consistency has taken a major step change. Which has actually made my gapping way more consistent now that I don't fat 50% of my 4i 75 yds. I was pretty evenly fit into both C-taper lite and thr $-taper 100. I ended up going C-taper because I thought the brushed stepless steel shaft look was better. I can't complain about the shafts at all, and dear god are the Forged Tec fun to hit. They feel and sound amazing.

In the Wedges I've enjoy the MIM heads a lot and went with the standard C-Taper shafts really just for the extra weight. Only complaint about the wedges is the 50* and the 60* text looks very similar especially with the sun glare. I made that mistake 1 too many times, so I finally did my first paint strip and fill so it looks awesome and different now.

I picked up the BB40 in April off 2nd Swing and absolutely love the club. I keep trying it out against my Spider X but i'm addicted to the firm milled face. And yes that's an awesome Big Lebowski putter cover I bought from @LLIB in the market place.

Fire away any questions y'all got for me. And as always 🍆

WITB.jpg

Last edited:
And yes that's an awesome Big Lebowski putter cover I bought from @LLIB in the market place.
I need to find a Lebowski cover at some point. 👊

No questions @Jmk202 but I really enjoyed the write up, and love that you went OL. This is a great opportunity to try something, to take a chance, and I'm glad you did! Cant wait to follow along on your epic adventure!

No questions @Jmk202 but I really enjoyed the write up, and love that you went OL. This is a great opportunity to try something, to take a chance, and I'm glad you did! Cant wait to follow along on your epic adventure!
Yeah its a incredibly opportunity for me to try something so different. I was able to hit them before hand but the fact that they were complimentary as part of the event really freed me up to just jump in.

I really wish I could hold the like button down and see a 🍆 to press.

Really like the bags! I got mine when I got home from my round on Friday and I'm really amazed at the quality. It took a beating from my 2 year old and held up well (I was stress testing for research purposes). My front room was littered with my new Cobra bag alongside my Ogio Convoy cart bag (which I picked up this year as well). Both bags are extremely light but I was using a Ping hoofer before the Ogio and to what I can remember, the Cobra feels much lighter and higher quality. I'm really impressed with this bag!
View attachment 8964575View attachment 8964576View attachment 8964577
I go back and forth on which logo compliments the bag better...

The white legs are an added attention to detail!

Great stuff!

@GolferGal anyway we could make this guys dream come true? #Add🍆ToLike

There is a spot for one more emoji in there with the 👎 gone now. I told @JB that should be what goes in there. He didn’t completely rule it out.

One of the fun parts of being a tour pro for the weekend is the scripted Puma apparel. I wonder what the teams will be wearing... :unsure:

Hear Team Paradise was getting hooked up with Joggers for pants :oops:

You got jokes eh? I'm pretty sure Jose wouldn't do that to us
Note to self...don't pack joggers :rolleyes:

I wore joggers for the entire MC last year, which team won? 🤔 🤔 🤔

Just added up the rounds of golf I will be playing the MC cup weekend...99 holes! Good think I picked up a massage gun for the weekend. LFG!!!

What are you going to wear with these?

View attachment 8964824
Why would you want to wear old shoes?

I am going to be a dream crusher here, because that's not going to happen, sorry guys.

Was really hoping this post was in regards to scripting/ format :cool:;)[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
I go back and forth on which logo compliments the bag better...

The white legs are an added attention to detail!

Great stuff!
Agree the white legs really stand out and are one of my favorite parts of this bag.

Yeah its a incredibly opportunity for me to try something so different. I was able to hit them before hand but the fact that they were complimentary as part of the event really freed me up to just jump in.
You adapted to the OL really quickly too!

I agree. I don’t think there was a chance I would have spent money on a one length set with all of the problems I had trying them out. That said, I can’t imagine not playing one length going forward. I went to the range today with only an 8 iron and basically practiced my 3H-PW swing

Last edited:
Alright guys, with two weeks to go until people are jumping on planes headed to Vegas I thought I'd throw this out there. Not that everyone isn't being careful already, but make smart decisions and be extra careful with COVID-related decisions over the next two weeks as I know no one wants to cancel and certainly no one wants to unduly increase anyone else's risk. 🍆

It's getting closer.... Can't wait to follow along. Been looking forward to THP events coming back more than tv sports

Alright guys, with two weeks to go until people are jumping on planes headed to Vegas I thought I'd throw this out there. Not that everyone isn't being careful already, but make smart decisions and be extra careful with COVID-related decisions over the next two weeks as I know no one wants to cancel and certainly no one wants to unduly increase anyone else's risk. 🍆
This 1000x🍆!!! I told my wife I couldn't run to the store for her to avoid unnecessary exposure! It might end my marriage but I'm being careful :ROFLMAO:

I'm right there with ya brother. I've been safe for seven months as my work has been super over the top with COVID safety (which is great). Knowing I'm going to Vegas I have been a bit more safe as I don't want to ruin the event for anyone else after the event.

Well said. I'm being extra careful and vigilant of who I'm around.

Sound advice. Stay safe and healthy everyone.

Test fitting. So ready to go!!!
CaddyDaddy Constrictor bag with North Pole (y)

1A506DF3-97F9-4AB6-AEF0-0E0D4F56C84E.jpeg

Last edited:
Back