EXPERIENCE The 2020 Morgan Cup Sponsored By Cobra PUMA Golf: Want To Be A Tour Player

Hope you all are practicing the updates on here as well... given the first live event after a long long long period of nothing... The live thread will be super popular!

I am getting excited to follow you guys. I love the location. It is really tough to pick a team. I may have to flip a coin.

How many of you will be at your first THP experience?
Yes sir! First THP Experience for me. 👊

almost exactly 2 weeks from this very moment I will be headed to the airport for MC!
Pretty much the same for me. I don't know which sounds better 2 weeks or 1,209,062 seconds?

Hope you all are practicing the updates on here as well... given the first live event after a long long long period of nothing... The live thread will be super popular!
We've made plans for external batteries, necessary USB cables, exercising the thumbs, making sure the phone's mic will pick up dictated updates, etc..

We've made plans for external batteries, necessary USB cables, exercising the thumbs, making sure the phone's mic will pick up dictated updates, etc..
Absolutely, external battery and extra cables is a must. (y)

I am getting excited to follow you guys. I love the location. It is really tough to pick a team. I may have to flip a coin.

How many of you will be at your first THP experience?
Its my first THP Experience too. You can flip a coin, but I suspect there may be post prior to the event that will significantly sway your allegiance ;) :eek: !

Has anyone had good results from the "Ask Siri to set the pin" with Arccos? I got my first round in with Arccos and that popped up on my watch. I tried to get it to work but I found that Arccos did a great job setting the pins for me without doing anything.

It has been about 14 hours since my name was called. It is after midnight after a long work week and I can’t sleep. I wanted to get into this event so bad, but also didn’t want to get my hopes up, so I was absolutely stunned to see my name. I was on an important call with my wife when the news came out and I started getting texts from good friends here at THP, people that I didn’t know a year ago, friends that I can’t wait to see again and new ones that I can’t wait to meet in person. This is going to be one heck of a ride.

I received welcoming texts and messages from my captain and I have looked at so much Cobra equipment tonight that I can’t see straight. I am not a gear head and everything I see looks fantastic. No clue how I am going to decide between the King Forged Tec and those killer Speedzone irons. Wow! Cobra and Puma is really putting out some great stuff.

What started as an anxious day that had potential to turn terrible on the home front, ended up being so freaking awesome. I can’t wait to see who the last two are. Hoping I can get to sleep before 1am!
This feels so long ago when I go back through this thread and reminisce. I am so excited to finally get to meet my teammates and compete for the Cup. 2020 has been one heck of a tough year and getting picked for the upcoming experience has been a real high point. The amount of time and help that our teammate, Jose Miraflor, has given us is mind boggling and his enthusiasm for this event cannot be overstated. I hope to compete the best I can and bring as much of the experience to the forum as possible. Don't hesitate to ask any questions regarding equipment or whatever you want to know. There is a person on each team using one length and both teams have Forged Tec and Speedzone irons. Both teams have people playing the Extreme and standard drivers and there are standard fairway woods, the big tour 3W and even some tour fairways being played. 2 weeks from today, I will be packing up and getting ready for the trip. LFG!

Has anyone had good results from the "Ask Siri to set the pin" with Arccos? I got my first round in with Arccos and that popped up on my watch. I tried to get it to work but I found that Arccos did a great job setting the pins for me without doing anything.
I used the feature once and it didn't go too well. :ROFLMAO:
Arccos I think does a pretty good job setting pins for the most part.

How is Arccos going to be used during play?

I used the feature once and it didn't go too well. :ROFLMAO:
Arccos I think does a pretty good job setting pins for the most part.
I'd agree, As it was my first time using Arccos I would check my phone after every hole to verify that everything came through correctly and I noticed that the pin was typically always fairly close. I think I changed it once in the round.

Getting closer and closer!

I dont know about you guys, but I would have a permanent smile on my face for a few reasons:

1. Look at those bags and clubs you get to play!
2. Getting so close to the event, I'm sure you can taste it!
3. Golfing with a great group of guys at an amazing course!

Nothing would be bringing me down!

I dont know about you guys, but I would have a permanent smile on my face for a few reasons:

That's what sustains me in [these] times of trouble. - Butch Cassidy

as sad as I was that I chose not to go, it looks like I made the right choice bc I just found out yesterday I wouldn't be able to make the date anyway

im glad someone was able to take my spot and enjoy this event!!! good luck everyone ( I mean only to team paradise, not hackers )

as sad as I was that I chose not to go, it looks like I made the right choice bc I just found out yesterday I wouldn't be able to make the date anyway

im glad someone was able to take my spot and enjoy this event!!! good luck everyone ( I mean only to team paradise, not hackers )

I'm sad that you could not participate in the Morgan Cup. I can honestly say that I know exactly how you feel about this and the decision that you ultimately made. NY's travel restrictions and quarantine made my participation a no go for me. And as much as it pains me that I will not be participating in this experience and meeting everyone involved, I made the right choice for me.

And I'll echo your words regarding wishing everyone good luck and for me that even includes Team Paradise. I think the forum is going to explode with enthusiasm once the battle for the Morgan Cup begins.

I'm sad that you could not participate in the Morgan Cup. I can honestly say that I know exactly how you feel about this and the decision that you ultimately made. NY's travel restrictions and quarantine made my participation a no go for me. And as much as it pains me that I will not be participating in this experience and meeting everyone involved, I made the right choice for me.

And I'll echo your words regarding wishing everyone good luck and for me that even includes Team Paradise. I think the forum is going to explode with enthusiasm once the battle for the Morgan Cup begins.
Hoping we bring enough excitement for all those watching!

Both teams will know y'all are with us in spirit. And I know all of us will do our best to make y'all and the other folks who were unable to attend, as well the THP community, feel as close to the experience as we are able.

Without a doubt!! Can't believe how incredibly lucky I am to be involved with this event. THP is just amazing. 👊

Back