EXPERIENCE The 2020 Titleist Vokey and Golf Ball Experience

I'm going with the ProV1x... a little nervous with this selection, but it's what I was fitted into using the online fitting system! I bought some to use on practice rounds right before the lockdown, so hope I have a chance to get familiar with them first!
You will enjoy it, it is a good ball. Get high numbers or low numbers?

You will enjoy it, it is a good ball. Get high numbers or low numbers?

Haven’t yet put it on a launch monitor (well a reliable one). Was going to try it out this weekend on my skytrak! The fitting was based on the Titleist website; my handicap, the type of ball I typically play, and the distance I tend to hit my 7iron

I’ve been using ProV1 and ProV1x for years. I’ve been using the X more the last couple years to help with higher launch. I’ve also used the Srixon Z Stars and the new Bridgestone Tour B X lately. Honestly as long as it’s a tour level urethane ball I can’t personally tell much of a difference. A few of my best rounds have been with the ProV1x but it was also my main ball.

I never have been on a launch monitor though to see which one actually gives me the best numbers though.

I got to thinking about it and I haven't really tried the 3 balls side by side at the same time. I have noticed on the Z Star lately that I seem to be getting some small marks/cuts from my full wedge shots. I may try to get all three out sometime in the future to hit some full wedge shots with each and compare the covers.

Heh, maybe their site recommended the wrong ball. Would not expect from that ProV 1x to be my optimal... either Prov1 or AVX would have been my thoughts... :unsure:

Heh, maybe their site recommended the wrong ball. Would not expect from that ProV 1x to be my optimal... either Prov1 or AVX would have been my thoughts... :unsure:

When i did the ball fitting with Titleist we hit all three balls. he didn't tell me what he was dropping for me to hit. There was a noticeable difference in feel and performance though. It was a fun process to go through and worth your time.

I've been focused on the wedges for the most part but I'm starting to get more excited about the balls. I want to find out more about the EXP. 01 ball.

Super stoked I found a place here that can assist me with the fitting when the time comes! I thought I was going to have to make a trip to Phx but I will only have to drive a few miles!

Awesome! I'm still not sure where I'm going to go. I had some awesome up and downs today though with my SM7's. I had a scratch and 3 + handicaps all complimenting my short game.

Excited to follow you guys on this awesome course and experience soon!
Likewise for you and The Granddaddy. Both should be a blast follow.

I’m rooting for this event to happen. June in Cape Cod is prime time and from the looks of the pictures online, seems beautiful.
The pics don’t do it justice, the guys are in for a treat.

What golf ball is everyone using going into this event?
Glad no one said a different brand than Titleist, that would have been awkward

The pics don’t do it justice, the guys are in for a treat.

Glad no one said a different brand than Titleist, that would have been awkward
I played Bridgestone before my Titleist ball fitting. It was fascinating to learn why I was (and always had been) playing the wrong ball for my game.

Yeah after watching I'm looking forward to getting fit even more.

June cannot get here soon enough! I am seriously excited top get these in hand.

I'm using Bridgestones right now and really like them. Will see how the Titleist balls compare in June hopefully.

Those are some beautiful wedges!

Here’s my current SM7’s. A 54* 10 bounce S grind and a 52* 08 bounce F grind bent down to 50*. The 52 is a year old and the 54 about 7 months. It’s the one on the left and you can tell it’s the workhorse because the face has more scratches even though it’s newer.

Attachments

• 1419B558-0DC9-43AE-BC4D-533633D8EA2D.jpeg
    1419B558-0DC9-43AE-BC4D-533633D8EA2D.jpeg
    54.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 5F8749BC-5F67-44ED-95EE-9152F85D4D85.jpeg
    5F8749BC-5F67-44ED-95EE-9152F85D4D85.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 18
Back