The 2021-2022 College Hockey Thread

MattyD-MPLS

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The season started last night October 2nd.

Here are the top 10 teams in the country.
1633289752995.png

who do you root for in College Hockey?

A big series between the #1 team in the country and defending National Champs UMass square off against my #5 Minnesota State Mavericks in Mass this weekend. The Mavs shut them out for a 2-0 win. Hopefully they can start the year with a sweep!

I’m a fan of the local teams, RPI and Union.

I cheer for Denver Pioneers (my brother graduated from there) and any team playing against North Dakota.

Also, of course, Go Badgers.

MInnesota State scored 6 unanswered goals to sweep the #1 team in the country to set up a probably #1 vs #2 matchup next weekend! Saint Cloud State vs Minnesota State.

Great idea for a thread.
College hockey is back after a year off (for me at least, last season didn't happen). I'm still in recovery from getting screwed by the pandemic shutdown two years ago with my alma mater ranked #1 at the time. No idea how they can be ranked so high for the upcoming season with almost no returning players.

Let's Go Red!

Got my first up close look at the Pegula Ice Arena at Penn State. Hoping to get up there for a game this year.
1633313443034.jpeg

I'm for anyone Minnesota. I'm a bit out of the college hockey scene but I used to watch a lot of UMD bulldogs.

Holy Cross Crusaders! Probably at the bottom of Atlantic Hockey. Grew up rooting for BU.

1633366823654.png

The rankings for the first week came out today. It came out as I suspected with Minnesota State leaping to the top from 5th because they beat the #1 team twice and Saint Cloud State stayed at #2 after beating St Thomas 2 times as well.

Huge weekend match up between #1 and #2 in Mankato! Hopefully it will be on TV somewhere.

Minnesota schools well represented in the rankings.

I root for Colgate. But haven't been great for 4 years now.

Minnesota schools well represented in the rankings.
All 5 made the 2021 NCAA Tourney.
1 made the Elite 8
2 Lost in the Frozen Four
1 Lost in the Championship.

It was a good year for Minnesota College Hockey :)

Boston College....GO EAGLES! My wife and I are both in the class of '78.

Michigan could be really good this year, but they don’t get as tested during the regular season in Big Ten. Love me some college hockey!!

3 ranked matchups last night.

#1 Minnesota State beat #2 St Cloud State 1-0
#5 UMD beat #15 Bemidji State 4-2
#6 Boston College tied #9 Quinnipiac 2-2

An impressive record was tied last night by Dryden McKay with career shutouts!

1633789162748.png

I've been a Terrier fan forever. Made me smile when my daughter decided to transfer to BU.

There are so many good games early in the season!

1 and 2 split the series this weekend!

There are so many good games early in the season!

1 and 2 split the series this weekend!
Strange seeing all these updates when the season doesn't start until the 29th.
Stupid Ivy League rules!

Strange seeing all these updates when the season doesn't start until the 29th.
Stupid Ivy League rules!
I didn't even know that the Ivy League starts later in the season. Guess that is from being from the midwest!

Weekly Poll Update

1634064015391.png

Huge next 3 weekends of hockey for the Gophers! Home and homes with #2 SCSU and #5 UMD followed by a weekend at home against #17 Notre Dame. Honestly most excited about the series Thanksgiving weekend though at #7 North Dakota!!

Huge next 3 weekends of hockey for the Gophers! Home and homes with #2 SCSU and #5 UMD followed by a weekend at home against #17 Notre Dame. Honestly most excited about the series Thanksgiving weekend though at #7 North Dakota!!

That is a lot of good hockey!

Listen to this start of a schedule:
On the road for 2 games with the #1 Team
At Home for 2 games with the #2 Team
Neutral site game against #10 to decide if you play the #3 or #5 Team.

I love college hockey!
:D

That is a lot of good hockey!

Listen to this start of a schedule:
On the road for 2 games with the #1 Team
At Home for 2 games with the #2 Team
Neutral site game against #10 to decide if you play the #3 or #5 Team.

I love college hockey!
:D
Talk about getting thrown into the fire right away for the Mavericks!! I'd say they've earned that top spot. Really wish they would do a Best of Minnesota Tournament with the Gophers, SCSU, Mankato, Duluth, and Bemidji State!

Talk about getting thrown into the fire right away for the Mavericks!! I'd say they've earned that top spot. Really wish they would do a Best of Minnesota Tournament with the Gophers, SCSU, Mankato, Duluth, and Bemidji State!
They tried and it didn't go well for some reason. Doesn't make any sense!

Back