The 2021-2022 College Hockey Thread

They tried and it didn't go well for some reason. Doesn't make any sense!

Tablet Rodgers GIFs | Tenor

Moving on up. Apparently not playing any games is a winning strategy. Only 14 more weeks to go at this pace before we're number 1.

You are still undefeated!

The season started last night October 2nd.

Here are the top 10 teams in the country.
View attachment 9031895

who do you root for in College Hockey?

SCSU. Got a family member who played for 'em, kid I grew up playing with played there, and a few others through the years from my HS have played for the Huskies. Oh yeah, and Herb was an East Sider like me, and he was integral in getting SCSU into D1.

SCSU. Got a family member who played for 'em, kid I grew up playing with played there, and a few others through the years from my HS have played for the Huskies. Oh yeah, and Herb was an East Sider like me, and he was integral in getting SCSU into D1.
The NHC is one of my favorite places to watch a game.

The NHC is one of my favorite places to watch a game.

Not gonna lie, the WCHA, had it not changed and the U was still in it, adding St. Thomas, would have been an AWESOME league. (Down the road, of course)

I don't follow college hockey enough to really add anything here. But I do try to get to a Badger game every year.

Old school WCHA in-state battle on right now between SCSU and the Gophers. Great first period..

1634588795762.png

Michigan beat UMD and Minnesota State to jump to the top of the rankings.

One of the worst no calls maybe ever let the Gophers beat St Cloud State in OT on Saturday night.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

View attachment 9036214

Michigan beat UMD and Minnesota State to jump to the top of the rankings.

One of the worst no calls maybe ever let the Gophers beat St Cloud State in OT on Saturday night.

4 MN in top 5.

Maybe first time in history.

In fairness to the ref he couldn't see what we saw on TV - the "tug" was embellished, imo. Still should have been called, but like I said that ref was on the other side of the offense.

That's shockingly bad, even by college officiating standards. That call should be made at every level. I like how the Minnesota player stops skating and looks back, gets surprised that the ref's arm isn't up, then takes off again.

That's shockingly bad, even by college officiating standards. That call should be made at every level. I like how the Minnesota player stops skating and looks back, gets surprised that the ref's arm isn't up, then takes off again.

The Gophers' play by play guy is pretty great if you can find it!

The play that follows leading to the goal is interesting. The goal scorer is left open while 3 players chase the player with the puck.

The play that follows leading to the goal is interesting. The goal scorer is left open while 3 players chase the player with the puck.

They had to be in shock of the no call is my thinking.

1635266558126.png

Update to the new rankings.

Season starts on Friday. Shouldn't we still be ranked #1 since that's where we were when college hockey shut down? The last 19 months never happened, right?

Season starts on Friday. Shouldn't we still be ranked #1 since that's where we were when college hockey shut down? The last 19 months never happened, right?
Happy New Year!

@gonyr, you got an opening W. May not have been what you were looking for performance wise but a win is a win.

The Minnesota State Mavericks got a nice win against a good team in Northern Michigan last night!

The goalie had a whoopsie here! Mavs up 5-0 with 4 minutes gone in the 2nd.

1635644009274.png
New all time shutout leader! He passed Ryan Miller!

Go Huskies!!!

Back