The 2021-2022 College Hockey Thread

I am the most scared of them this year! They are so talented!

Definitely should be a good squad this year and have some great players.

@gonyr, you got an opening W. May not have been what you were looking for performance wise but a win is a win.
Perfect season still alive after two games. But going to OT in both isn’t going to help much when it comes to rankings and possible tournament selection

Perfect season still alive after two games. But going to OT in both isn’t going to help much when it comes to rankings and possible tournament selection
The Pairwise doesn’t care if you go to OT. They will get in the tourney this year!

The Pairwise doesn’t care if you go to OT. They will get in the tourney this year!
Appreciate the vote of confidence but are you sure? I was under the impression that for RPI purposes an OT win only counts as a fraction of a regulation win. And a shootout win is even less

Appreciate the vote of confidence but are you sure? I was under the impression that for RPI purposes an OT win only counts as a fraction of a regulation win. And a shootout win is even less
I am pretty sure they just count as a tie if you go to a shootout. I believe a win is a win.

View attachment 9040214
New all time shutout leader! He passed Ryan Miller!

I wonder if there is a place for him in the NHL. He's undrafted (I don't see that anyone has his "rights" as of now) and he's 5'11".

I am sure a number of teams will grab him when they can but I don't know if this league has a place for 'tenders under 6' anymore.

I wonder if there is a place for him in the NHL. He's undrafted (I don't see that anyone has his "rights" as of now) and he's 5'11".

I am sure a number of teams will grab him when they can but I don't know if this league has a place for 'tenders under 6' anymore.
I don’t think he will make the NHL. If he hasn’t been picked up after his previous 2 years which were incredible, I don’t see it.

I don’t think he will make the NHL. If he hasn’t been picked up after his previous 2 years which were incredible, I don’t see it.

Someone will give him a chance. I can see the Wild giving him a chance since he has ties to MN. Don't know if he can capitalize on it, but I do think it's going to happen.

I think it's kind of a tragedy that to make it in the NHL as a goalie you have to be the size of an NBA power forward these days.

Though Stalock wasn't that tall and he had a respectable career. Smallest goalie in NHL today I guess is 6', so it will be tough for him to make it.

They have been sneaky good since the beginning. I would love to watch a game there.
Should make it a 2 for 1 and catch a football game while you’re there! My wife’s cousins usually make it up for a few games, I need to see if I can tag along.

Good guys are up 1-0 after the first at Harvard. And ESPN plus is great! Wish I had gotten it earlier

Huskies are on Fox 9+ tonight for those who want to watch it. I will be working unfortunately.

Definitely need to get to a Gophers game or two this year at some point - there's a kid from my HS who is on the squad (Carl Fish) so need to get down there and show some support for him. He's like 7th on the depth chart but he was suited up when they played a few weeks back and my cousin went with his son. So rare to see an inner city kid make it to the Gophers anymore these days hockey has really been decapitated in the Twin Cities inner city.

I was at Sabres-Leafs last night and missed it, but apparently my guys put up 11 vs RPI. I know they're not good, but 11 is a lot of goals. The four point weekend moves us into the top 20 in pairwise.

How about those Wolverines!

1637088617188.png

Cornell and UM Lowell aren't getting enough love yet.

1637618847892.png

Back