The 2021 Mizuno Experience

For sure. I am happy I got the guarantee. For sure looking forward to a special weekend and thinking “what can I do to make it better”

@Canadan mentioned talking ok off course about making brothers at events. For sure going to try and make that happen..

I mean there’s no down side to these experiences, but the two that I’ve been lucky to be a part of, I’ve made some really good friends. It’s funny how out of the blue I’ll get a text or a message from @BigDill , @pjleduc , @campilobaxter , @OITW .

this combined with the OEMs getting so into it, THPers certainly come out on top as does the community here following along.

This is a pretty awesome event. Looking forward to following along! And, if I’m lucky enough, joining! 🤞

Man I want this one so bad. I haven’t ever placed any Mizuno products and it’s a gaping hole in my golf experience!

Man I want this one so bad. I haven’t ever placed any Mizuno products and it’s a gaping hole in my golf experience!
I cannot speak to their 2021 equipment, but their 2019 equipment (ST190 driver & woods, CLK hybrids, and 919 Hot Metal irons) suited my game about as perfectly as you can get.

I hit the MP-20 HMBs quite a bit during my last iron fitting, and afterwards while deciding between them and the 919 Forged, which I ended up getting. The HMBs were great, and I can't wait to see how they get updated.

If by some incredible stroke of luck I got into this Experience, I can tell you two things with the highest degree of confidence:
  1. I would absolutely go with HMBs if they are in the surprise lineup.
  2. After three days and 81 holes of Southeastern golf in July/August, someone is going to have to haul this OldeDude to the airport, put me in a wheelchair, and wheel me to the plane.
I'm up for it though, I'd have from now to the end of July to get me and my game in shape. I'd make it pretty much a full time commitment if I were to somehow be selected.
  • Physical conditioning ✅
  • Lessons ✅
  • Swing Speed Training ✅
  • Practice, practice, practice. ✅

This is probably the most excited I’ve ever been about a THP event!

Thinking a LOT about the mystery irons.

A lot.
Two questions for you and @Canadan

1) Do either of you have any clue as to what they are going to be?

2) Is there any offering that you would honestly be scared to play?

Thinking a LOT about the mystery irons.

A lot.

Mystery irons should be pondered.... a lot! Wondering if you’ll be gaming one of the M Craft putters at the event? Which one?

I'm not scared to play blades, I'm just a sucker for potential help haha

Also, I know what half an MB looks like. :ROFLMAO:

Man the weather seems to be turning and it got me all excited to think about a THP event happening here in my home state.

If I would get lucky enough to get in I’m going to live in my sim until then.

This would be such an amazing experience, as I emotionally prepare to part ways with my 919 Tours, imagine being able to replace them with new & shiny..

Oh the dreams

Dang man if you've got a sim you should be living in it regardless 🤣

Dang man if you've got a sim you should be living in it regardless 🤣
Practically do. Have over 60 rounds in so far this calendar year plus countless hours on range

Tried out all the new M Craft putters today. I wanted to really like one model. But, the one that jived the most was this one.

might have to get one in blue..

I think about the mystery irons regularly.

will they be some kind to throw back? What kind of new tech will be in them? Will there still be copper?

06EB4F22-4F98-4C4D-854F-BD90802073D9.jpeg2CC7C429-2BDD-4DD7-8C1F-954074412797.jpeg5562A5C9-824F-4357-BCE0-41E79A799CED.jpeg

Practically do. Have over 60 rounds in so far this calendar year plus countless hours on range
I'm not jealous I swear 🤣

Nope and nope.

Mystery irons should be pondered.... a lot! Wondering if you’ll be gaming one of the M Craft putters at the event? Which one?
Check out last weeks Off Course that Canadan graciously let me come back on, the M-Craft V is my putter this year outside of review work.

Tried out all the new M Craft putters today. I wanted to really like one model. But, the one that jived the most was this one.

might have to get one in blue..

I think about the mystery irons regularly.

will they be some kind to throw back? What kind of new tech will be in them? Will there still be copper?

View attachment 8996757View attachment 8996758View attachment 8996759
I hit that one in a PGA SS while in Myrtle Beach. They had Super Softs in the putting area and I LOVED how it felt.

This keeps popping up and I keep thinking back to the incredible feel AND results I saw on the launch monitor with the 921 Forged. Shot after shot just dead straight with that buttery feel. I'm sure no matter what "category" the mystery irons fall in they'll have that signature Mizuno feel.

Check out last weeks Off Course that Canadan graciously let me come back on, the M-Craft V is my putter this year outside of review work.
Listened to every word of the podcast 😉..... just assumed a club ho such as yourself may change between now and TB/Caledonia arrival 😀

Edit: I’d go VI in Mizuno blue... just saying

Listened to every word of the podcast 😉..... just assumed a club ho such as yourself may change between now and TB/Caledonia arrival 😀
I told Dan what I meant in that show, it’s my putter for the year. (y)

Aren’t you a SBST putter?
There’s no such thing as SBST, all strokes have some amount of arc, no matter how slight, unless you putt like Bryson or Wie (tabletop).

got paired with a couple strangers yesterday. they said they take a golf trip together every year, and do either central florida or myrtle beach. they said tb/caledonia are their favorites in the area. these courses really do sound amazing.

mizuno’s equipment is on a very impressive trajectory lately. the stz fairway is amazing.

Back