The 2021 Mizuno Experience

I loved my box of RB Tour X apart from the durability
I love the spin of my gamer ball, so the feedback on the X has me really excited.

Not to be outdone...I have 6 dozen of the RB X arriving next week...I can't lose them all between now and then, and on a good note, my game (if you want to call it that) is coming around slightly!
Really looking forward to seeing everyone after watching the last two days of the Vegas event.
And, I'm happy share my balls. WAIT, THAT DID NOT COME OUT RIGHT.

My game is also starting to show some flashes of brilliance. There are still some issues here and there but it is definitely moving in the right direction. I am planning to order some balls soon but I have just been hesitating because I have over 10 dozen brand new balls sitting here.

Not to be outdone...I have 6 dozen of the RB X arriving next week...I can't lose them all between now and then, and on a good note, my game (if you want to call it that) is coming around slightly!
Really looking forward to seeing everyone after watching the last two days of the Vegas event.
And, I'm happy share my balls. WAIT, THAT DID NOT COME OUT RIGHT.

Don't think that's anatomically possible:oops: ... but we get the drift as to golf balls. :LOL:

So looking forward to hearing and seeing reports from this event. You all should have a hell of a good time.

I need to try some new balls. Been playing the TP5 for a couple years mixed in with the Bridgestone. I am a low spin player so need to try the tour X.

Have played 27 with the RB Tour X. No issues to speak of, I lose these just like any other ball, but no cover damage to report, hit from sand, hit onto sanded greens, off one tree and even one cart path. Damage from sand, tree, cart path, not worse than most better than several.

It's a good ball.

Have played 27 with the RB Tour X. No issues to speak of, I lose these just like any other ball, but no cover damage to report, hit from sand, hit onto sanded greens, off one tree and even one cart path. Damage from sand, tree, cart path, not worse than most better than several.

It's a good ball.

Distance? Just asking because it is spinny.

Distance? Just asking because it is spinny.
Hmmmm, I'm not the best to ask just yet. I did not see any difference with my irons distance wise. Right now I don't get much distance with the driver. I may need a fitting.

I have tried so many shafts and now 3 drivers this year. I may just resume use of original nv65 r tipped about an inch.

Driver play very inconsistent.

No discernable difference to this returning to the game hacker off hybrids or irons.

Spin - hitting into dry very recently sanded and punched greens versus say a normal semi dry smooth green. His much roll out on sanded/punched compared to normal?

Is it July yet? 🤣 I am thinking about this Experience every single day. Also not do patiently awaiting more information.

Heading down to TB and Celedonia next week. Unfortunately for the guys on this trip I do not plan to leave many good shots down there. I will share some photos though. We are playing both courses once each on Thursday and Friday.

Heading down to TB and Celedonia next week. Unfortunately for the guys on this trip I do not plan to leave many good shots down there. I will share some photos though. We are playing both courses once each on Thursday and Friday.
Yes! Can't wait to hear what kind of condition they are in.

Have a good time and can’t wait for the pics!

Please do! :love:

Was just there 5 days ago.

True Blue was still a wee bit dormant, but was coming to life rapidly, and played excellent.

Caledonia was mostly where it should be, but not the best I've ever seen. They were beginning to sand the greens, as the temps are where they need to be, and the greens were starting to grow rapidly. They rolled quick, and true, even with the sand.

I had a pretty good convo with the proshop staff, as my buddy is a member, and we have a good relationship. It's all standard turf maintenance for this time of year, and should be in much better condition for your trip!

They are planning to punch (They use small tine) first week of June. By the time the experience takes place, both courses should be absolutely prime condition.

20210430_130500.jpg

I am SO looking forward to this trip. We used to stop in Myrtle on our way to Charleston for a few days. Played many courses over the years, but never played these. Then irony time, a former boss - retired bird colonel in the USAF, has family in Myrtle, and a brother who was the manager of, or worked on the grounds crew at these 2 courses. He spoke of them often, but I never had a chance to play. I do recall the beauty of driving up/into the TB locale as we were then looking to buy a condo - likely just like the 3br ones we'll be staying in. As it turns out we didn't - such is life.

Anyway - again, really looking forward to playing these premier courses, meeting the members and the Mizuno personnel, and hopefully listening and observing just enough to, when it's all over, playing a bit better, enjoying the game even more, and have stories to tell/share for years to come.

This gets closer every day..... Literally... and I still think about it every day.. Literally.

This gets closer every day..... Literally... and I still think about it every day.. Literally.
Same. My wife is getting a real kick (as she is amused that I act like a kid) out of how excited I remain - then I get eye rolls when I bring it (again).

Same. My wife is getting a real kick (as she is amused that I act like a kid) out of how excited I remain - then I get eye rolls when I bring it (again).
Haha must be nice. My wife gets grumpier every day knowing I am leaving her alone with the kids and going to the beach to play golf with my boys for several days.

Haha must be nice. My wife gets grumpier every day knowing I am leaving her alone with the kids and going to the beach to play golf with my boys for several days.
Interested parties would pay good money if you find a solution to this dilemma :LOL:

My kids are grown-up with my youngest about to move to Charleston. Yesterday, she sprung this on me..."maybe mom and I can meet Helen (daughter #1), in Tennessee or Asheville (Helen lives in New Orleans)." I suggested that it'd be cheaper/easier for them to just fly to New Orleans and see Helen there.

So, solved by my #2 daughter. Everyone here should visit Helen in New Orleans!

Back