The 2021 Mizuno Experience

Nice!!l

Ok so pretty hot and humid here this afternoon although we did have a nice breeze blowing which definitely helped. My shoulder was a little stiff but not horrible and I felt like I was swinging well for the the most part. They only had 2 people sign up for the demo day(very disappointing and folks missed out) but that meant I was first at 3 and nobody else was coming until 4:30 so I had plenty of time. I was there early and hit a few balls to warm up a bit before he showed up and set everything up. The Mizuno rep was Tad Pierson from Charlotte, NC and a really great guy. We discussed a bit about the 2021 Mizuno Experience which he was aware of and has evidently talked to Vosh or Jeremy one about at some point. He told me they were like a vault and he really had no idea what might be coming iron wise so we really didn't have a way to compare but we guessed it probably was not going to be a JPX type iron as they have not been out long so our focus was more to the MP-20 series.

Tad set up the shaft optimizer to start and away we went. I have no idea what kind of shaft they have that thing attached to but it felt really whippy to me and I had to get used to the idea that I was not going to hit a shot that would result the way I expected but just swing the club. I think we took about 7 swings or so with it before we looked at the data. I have a bad memory so I don't remember all the details but there are 2 things I remember the numbers showed. The first was that I evidently have a very slight late release. Not really that huge of a deal to me as it wasn't really that much. The other was tempo. It measures tempo on a scale of 1.00-9.00. So basically the higher the number the faster and more aggressive the tempo. I was expecting mine to be fairly high as I have always been a bit aggressive in transition and tempo but I have been working hard on that this year and was happily surprised it resulted in a 5.0. A 4.5 is pretty much a perfectly even tempo so I can't complain about that at all.

The shaft selector was interesting. We had already talked a bit beforehand about my current setup with includes Steelfiber 110s in my irons and my normal preference for graphite vs steel. The same exact shaft I am playing was the top ranked graphite iron on the selector and it was ranked 11th overall. No real surprise there. The top 2 ranked iron shafts were DG 120x followed by PX LZ 6.0(I think my memory is fuzzy on the number). I can't recall what else popped up but those were the top 2. Tad decided to start with the MP-20 MMC with the Steelfiber 110 and go from there. I hit that well enough but we decided to try the MP-20HMB with that shaft and see how that went. There was a big difference. While I hit the MMC well, I smoked the HMBs. I typically see a toe miss on the face but that was not happening here. Everything was pretty much dead center face. The one thing we did see was a left pull every few swings which is my typical miss with my irons. Tad suggested we try putting in a C-TAPER LITE and see how it affected ball flight and feel. This is where things got really interesting. First off, I was definitely expecting a little worse feel going to steel from the graphite but honestly outside of 1 ball I hit pretty thin, I couldn't tell much difference and even that one was just a very slightly noticeable vibration difference. Most were flushed and soft as butter. The other interesting thing was that change almost completely eliminated my left pull. I mean I hit A LOT of balls and only saw 1 left pull and it was not as bad as normal. Mostly I was just throwing darts downrange with a nice pretty little push draw.

We actually swapped back and forth between those shafts a few times looking at numbers on the FlightScope, misses, etc. I can honestly say to me it was not even close. While I hit the SteelFibers pretty well, I just hit the C-TAPER LITE incredibly well. The KBS was a tad lower launching but I am a pretty high ball hitter anyway and it was not an issue at all. Tad seemed to really like the numbers off of it although I didn't really ask for details on all the numbers because I probably wouldn't remember half of them anyway. He even asked me to hit my current gamer side by side which I usually find most reps will not do and the numbers were definitely better with the HMBs with the C-TAPER LITE. I was gaining around 9-10 yards carry and hitting it more online. Carry distance was consistently 187-189 with the 7i which is definitely more then I was expecting.

I did hit some of their wedges a bit as well and they are nice but like most traditional wedges I find them to not be as hot off the face as irons and would leave some gaps without trying to add in more wedges then I really want to carry vs what I am currently carrying. We discussed Mizuno balls a bit and he recommended the Tour RB for me which was also what I was thinking.

I was pretty tired after all that but he talked me in to hitting driver. Now I love my current gamer. I know I launch it a bit too high but I hit fairways and hit it plenty far. No complaints. I hit my current gamer side by side with the STX paired with a Fuji Motore X 6S. My current gamer gave me exactly what I had been seeing which is a bit high launch and apex with a very playable fairway finding fade and good distance. Now I was at least 5-6mph slower at this point from all the swings then what I normally see for driver CHS but it was still going plenty far. Then there was the STX. I am a bit stunned. Same swing, same chs resulted in a 13* launch, 2600-3200 rpm spin, 1.49-1.50 smash factor with a boring dead straight to 5 yard fade ball fight that carried 275. Ball speeds were consistently 5mph faster then my current gamer........... Tad you dirty dirty dog....... now I am contemplating. I mean honestly, I am hitting my current gamer plenty far and hitting plenty fairways but my goodness those numbers and that ball flight. Just goes to show though, there are some seriously good drivers on the market.

In the end we swapped follows on twitter and I walked away really impressed with him and everything I touched Mizuno had to offer. The shaft optimizer is really awesome but it does not take anything at all away from the fitter and his experience. I never touched either of the top 2 rated iron shafts and don't see how either could have improved on what I saw. That was purely from his experience and expertise. The irons...... ooh the irons....... so beautiful and so much fun to hit. Did I mention #NothingFeelsLikeAMizuno? Then he went and talked me in to trying the driver. I knew from the reviews here it was good but now here I am sitting at home wondering how long I can talk myself out of spending more on another driver. Can't have too many though right? I mean I am certainly not expecting any of you internet golfers here to try and talk me out of it. :ROFLMAO:

I know its hard to believe but I am now even more excited about the 2021 Mizuno Experience then I was before. I can not wait to get down to Myrtle Beach, hang out with some awesome THPers, meet Vosh and Jeremy and pick their brains, and of course play some golf with some amazing irons!

Ok so pretty hot and humid here this afternoon although we did have a nice breeze blowing which definitely helped. My shoulder was a little stiff but not horrible and I felt like I was swinging well for the the most part. They only had 2 people sign up for the demo day(very disappointing and folks missed out) but that meant I was first at 3 and nobody else was coming until 4:30 so I had plenty of time. I was there early and hit a few balls to warm up a bit before he showed up and set everything up. The Mizuno rep was Tad Pierson from Charlotte, NC and a really great guy. We discussed a bit about the 2021 Mizuno Experience which he was aware of and has evidently talked to Vosh or Jeremy one about at some point. He told me they were like a vault and he really had no idea what might be coming iron wise so we really didn't have a way to compare but we guessed it probably was not going to be a JPX type iron as they have not been out long so our focus was more to the MP-20 series.

Tad set up the shaft optimizer to start and away we went. I have no idea what kind of shaft they have that thing attached to but it felt really whippy to me and I had to get used to the idea that I was not going to hit a shot that would result the way I expected but just swing the club. I think we took about 7 swings or so with it before we looked at the data. I have a bad memory so I don't remember all the details but there are 2 things I remember the numbers showed. The first was that I evidently have a very slight late release. Not really that huge of a deal to me as it wasn't really that much. The other was tempo. It measures tempo on a scale of 1.00-9.00. So basically the higher the number the faster and more aggressive the tempo. I was expecting mine to be fairly high as I have always been a bit aggressive in transition and tempo but I have been working hard on that this year and was happily surprised it resulted in a 5.0. A 4.5 is pretty much a perfectly even tempo so I can't complain about that at all.

The shaft selector was interesting. We had already talked a bit beforehand about my current setup with includes Steelfiber 110s in my irons and my normal preference for graphite vs steel. The same exact shaft I am playing was the top ranked graphite iron on the selector and it was ranked 11th overall. No real surprise there. The top 2 ranked iron shafts were DG 120x followed by PX LZ 6.0(I think my memory is fuzzy on the number). I can't recall what else popped up but those were the top 2. Tad decided to start with the MP-20 MMC with the Steelfiber 110 and go from there. I hit that well enough but we decided to try the MP-20HMB with that shaft and see how that went. There was a big difference. While I hit the MMC well, I smoked the HMBs. I typically see a toe miss on the face but that was not happening here. Everything was pretty much dead center face. The one thing we did see was a left pull every few swings which is my typical miss with my irons. Tad suggested we try putting in a C-TAPER LITE and see how it affected ball flight and feel. This is where things got really interesting. First off, I was definitely expecting a little worse feel going to steel from the graphite but honestly outside of 1 ball I hit pretty thin, I couldn't tell much difference and even that one was just a very slightly noticeable vibration difference. Most were flushed and soft as butter. The other interesting thing was that change almost completely eliminated my left pull. I mean I hit A LOT of balls and only saw 1 left pull and it was not as bad as normal. Mostly I was just throwing darts downrange with a nice pretty little push draw.

We actually swapped back and forth between those shafts a few times looking at numbers on the FlightScope, misses, etc. I can honestly say to me it was not even close. While I hit the SteelFibers pretty well, I just hit the C-TAPER LITE incredibly well. The KBS was a tad lower launching but I am a pretty high ball hitter anyway and it was not an issue at all. Tad seemed to really like the numbers off of it although I didn't really ask for details on all the numbers because I probably wouldn't remember half of them anyway. He even asked me to hit my current gamer side by side which I usually find most reps will not do and the numbers were definitely better with the HMBs with the C-TAPER LITE. I was gaining around 9-10 yards carry and hitting it more online. Carry distance was consistently 187-189 with the 7i which is definitely more then I was expecting.

I did hit some of their wedges a bit as well and they are nice but like most traditional wedges I find them to not be as hot off the face as irons and would leave some gaps without trying to add in more wedges then I really want to carry vs what I am currently carrying. We discussed Mizuno balls a bit and he recommended the Tour RB for me which was also what I was thinking.

I was pretty tired after all that but he talked me in to hitting driver. Now I love my current gamer. I know I launch it a bit too high but I hit fairways and hit it plenty far. No complaints. I hit my current gamer side by side with the STX paired with a Fuji Motore X 6S. My current gamer gave me exactly what I had been seeing which is a bit high launch and apex with a very playable fairway finding fade and good distance. Now I was at least 5-6mph slower at this point from all the swings then what I normally see for driver CHS but it was still going plenty far. Then there was the STX. I am a bit stunned. Same swing, same chs resulted in a 13* launch, 2600-3200 rpm spin, 1.49-1.50 smash factor with a boring dead straight to 5 yard fade ball fight that carried 275. Ball speeds were consistently 5mph faster then my current gamer........... Tad you dirty dirty dog....... now I am contemplating. I mean honestly, I am hitting my current gamer plenty far and hitting plenty fairways but my goodness those numbers and that ball flight. Just goes to show though, there are some seriously good drivers on the market.

In the end we swapped follows on twitter and I walked away really impressed with him and everything I touched Mizuno had to offer. The shaft optimizer is really awesome but it does not take anything at all away from the fitter and his experience. I never touched either of the top 2 rated iron shafts and don't see how either could have improved on what I saw. That was purely from his experience and expertise. The irons...... ooh the irons....... so beautiful and so much fun to hit. Did I mention #NothingFeelsLikeAMizuno? Then he went and talked me in to trying the driver. I knew from the reviews here it was good but now here I am sitting at home wondering how long I can talk myself out of spending more on another driver. Can't have too many though right? I mean I am certainly not expecting any of you internet golfers here to try and talk me out of it. :ROFLMAO:

I know its hard to believe but I am now even more excited about the 2021 Mizuno Experience then I was before. I can not wait to get down to Myrtle Beach, hang out with some awesome THPers, meet Vosh and Jeremy and pick their brains, and of course play some golf with some amazing irons!
Time to buy that ST-X! It’s the real deal my man!

Stryker thanks for a great write up. Now I’m even more eager and excited myself.

Another ST-X convert coming
It’s possible. I mean I did just get a driver recently that I really love. If for some reason I find myself with some extra cash laying around though it could definitely be a possibility

It’s possible. I mean I did just get a driver recently that I really love. If for some reason I find myself with some extra cash laying around though it could definitely be a possibility
Ponder approved! ;)

Hey @jb….any crazy teasers other than AWESOME? ;)

Hey @jb….any crazy teasers other than AWESOME? ;)

How about this one.

In the next couple of weeks, we will begin your iron ordering process.

How about this one.

Um… Yeah… That… I….

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

How about this one.

well that’s awesome.. haha..

How about this one.

I read this and instantly a huge smile came across my face. He did say a week or 2 ago more info coming soon so I am biting my nails with anticipation.

mans it’s beautiful..

If you are talking about me, you are both accurate and creepy.
If you are talking about the event, you are both accurate and creepy.
If you are talking about the new clubs, you are both accurate and NOT CREEPY AT ALL.

@Jman I blame you. I did a thing this morning…… guess I will have 2 drivers this year. One for regular days and one when it is wet out and I want more launch. It’s all your fault. You twisted my arm and I happened to stumble across one in stock I had to order which should be here Friday.

@Jman I blame you. I did a thing this morning…… guess I will have 2 drivers this year. One for regular days and one when it is wet out and I want more launch. It’s all your fault. You twisted my arm and I happened to stumble across one in stock I had to order which should be here Friday.
I mean. It’s only fitting going into a kick ass Mizuno event :LOL:

If you are talking about the new clubs, you are both accurate and NOT CREEPY AT ALL.

Even if it’s option 3 I think they are still creepy 🤣

I am thinking all of the above... does that make it more or less creepy?

I mean. It’s only fitting going into a kick ass Mizuno event :LOL:
Let’s just hope they told me right and it shows up Friday while the wife is at work and not Saturday while she is home 😂

I literally woke up from a dream this morning that @Jman announced that 2 more participants per team were going to be selected.

I was then attacked by a wolf. 😂

Can’t wait for the live thread!

He has an elegant way of twisting one's arm. You're not the first he's done it to, and you won't be the last. I can promise you that :)

Back