The 2021 MLB Thread

Edward Jones has been inducted into the St. Louis Cardinals Hall of Fame:

1620323446268.png

As much as I loved Albert's time in St. Louis, he's been abysmal in LA.
Yea there’s no need for the Angels to keep him on the roster right now. I’m curious to see if he plays elsewhere this year.

Yea there’s no need for the Angels to keep him on the roster right now. I’m curious to see if he plays elsewhere this year.

He will. He is only about 30 homeruns from 700, I think he is going to keep playing, at least this year, if not next year as well.

He will. He is only about 30 homeruns from 700, I think he is going to keep playing, at least this year, if not next year as well.
Didn’t he already say he was retiring after this year?

His wife 🙄 alluded to it on Twitter then walked it back.
I mean he is approaching 60 years old haha time to hang them up

Rangers win the Get Outta Minnesota game this afternoon, taking 3 of 4 in the series :cool:

Don't sell these boys short, they could very well be in the mix come harvest time

baseball is the ultimate team game. crazy to think that a guy like Mike trout, who is the best baseball player in the world and has been for several years, can't win anything. the angels suck every year and suck again this year. please trade for him phillies....lol.

i begin to question players like Trout. do you really want to win or is it all about the money and laying low in a place like LA. yes LA, for the angels, is low key. not the same LA as in dodgers.

baseball is the ultimate team game. crazy to think that a guy like Mike trout, who is the best baseball player in the world and has been for several years, can't win anything. the angels suck every year and suck again this year. please trade for him phillies....lol.

i begin to question players like Trout. do you really want to win or is it all about the money and laying low in a place like LA. yes LA, for the angels, is low key. not the same LA as in dodgers.
Don’t you start getting my hopes up again! I had fully convinced myself that Trout was going to sign with the Phillies and I refuse to go down that road again :LOL:

Don’t you start getting my hopes up again! I had fully convinced myself that Trout was going to sign with the Phillies and I refuse to go down that road again :LOL:
yeah i thought so too but i truly believe trout doesn't care about winning and is fine losing putting up crazy numbers and being an LA guy

yeah i thought so too but i truly believe trout doesn't care about winning and is fine losing putting up crazy numbers and being an LA guy
I can’t quite figure it out, I thought maybe it was a loyalty thing to the team that gave him a chance. I’ll never have a rational point of view when it comes to Trout though :LOL:

he is the only non-phillies player that i follow.
I’ve started following Ohtani a bit while I’m poking around in the Angels box score. The guy is ridiculous!

Never forget. Anything is possible!

There is something to be said about loyalty to a team.. It is pretty rare in baseball, but Trout appears to be loyal to the team and to the city. It isn't up to him to surround himself with talent, their ownership has spent a TON of money, it just hasn't all panned out.

It isn't as if he is playing for the Pirates... They have spent a lot of money on him, Rendon, Pujols, Upton

They have the 6th highest payroll in baseball.

There is something to be said about loyalty to a team.. It is pretty rare in baseball, but Trout appears to be loyal to the team and to the city. It isn't up to him to surround himself with talent, their ownership has spent a TON of money, it just hasn't all panned out.

It isn't as if he is playing for the Pirates... They have spent a lot of money on him, Rendon, Pujols, Upton

They have the 6th highest payroll in baseball.
Loyalty? Sorry not in sports....at least not in today's sports. Trout could have gone to a dozen teams got paid the same and had a chance to win. Instead he keeps his head buried with a team that isn't really important and haven't been the last decade. I love trout, he might be my favorite player behind harper, but he doesn't seem to care about winning. Hopefully, before he is done, he gets a chance to be in some meaningful games.

This is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. I laugh every time I watch it.

Loyalty? Sorry not in sports....at least not in today's sports. Trout could have gone to a dozen teams got paid the same and had a chance to win. Instead he keeps his head buried with a team that isn't really important and haven't been the last decade. I love trout, he might be my favorite player behind harper, but he doesn't seem to care about winning. Hopefully, before he is done, he gets a chance to be in some meaningful games.

There is definitely still loyalty in today's sports, just not as common:

See:
  • Yadier Molina
  • Dirk Nowitzki
  • Joey Votto
  • Mike Trout

Again, I will not argue it isn't as common as it once was, but it certainly isn't gone.

There is definitely still loyalty in today's sports, just not as common:

See:
  • Yadier Molina
  • Dirk Nowitzki
  • Joey Votto
  • Mike Trout

Again, I will not argue it isn't as common as it once was, but it certainly isn't gone.
Molina and dirk both won championships. Dirk beat lebum and yadie won 2 titles.

Bit of an overreaction by Garrett.

Back