The 2021 MLB Thread

What's next, shipping off John Adams and his drum? The beer guy? Sad, just sad.

Pedro Cerrano and Jobu may be next! :LOL:.

MLB tolerates / allows teams to do this.

Pedro Cerrano and Jobu may be next! :LOL:.

MLB tolerates / allows teams to do this.
I don't expect them to spend like some high tier teams, but at least field a competitive team. Hurts to continually lose guys like Lindor, a great smiling face if the game, and Carrasco who by all accounts enjoyed Cleveland.

I don't expect them to spend like some high tier teams, but at least field a competitive team. Hurts to continually lose guys like Lindor, a great smiling face if the game, and Carrasco who by all accounts enjoyed Cleveland.

Because of how MLB doles out revenue, teams don't have to spend money, if they don't want to, to be profitable. And Tampa and Oakland have shown that you can produce winning clubs on a very small payroll.

Because of how MLB doles out revenue, teams don't have to spend money, if they don't want to, to be profitable. And Tampa and Oakland have shown that you can produce winning clubs on a very small payroll.
Its true. I do believe this could be the best path for continued success for the Indians, to trade their stars when value is high, and before they have to pay them. When a couple prospects peak at the same time, make some moves to position them even better. They did that back around 2016 and almost won the WS.

Doesnt make it easy for fans though.

Its true. I do believe this could be the best path for continued success for the Indians, to trade their stars when value is high, and before they have to pay them. When a couple prospects peak at the same time, make some moves to position them even better. They did that back around 2016 and almost won the WS.

Doesnt make it easy for fans though.

But did they really get value for Lindor? They got something but it looks to be more of let's get something while we can before he's a free agent.

But did they really get value for Lindor? They got something but it looks to be more of let's get something while we can before he's a free agent.
That's the question. For me, not right now, but we wont know the true value for a few years. Teams just arent willing to sell the farm for a year of one player anymore.

Have a pretty close friend and fellow THPer who works in the upper levels of the Indians. Told me this was going to happen 3 months ago. Probably more to come
Who else do the Indians have that’s approaching free agency? Isn’t the 3B under contract long term? If not, paging my LA Dodgers...

What's crazy is Cleveland has gotten rid of Kluber, Bauer, Clevinger, and now Carrasco. And they still have a strong enough rotation
And they were 100% right on Kluber and Clevinger. Maybe those guys know what they are doing??? I don’t follow the Indians that closely but my first reaction was Cleveland bent the Mets over by getting them to take Carrasco’s contract...seems like he’s always hurt

LFGM!

And they were 100% right on Kluber and Clevinger. Maybe those guys know what they are doing??? I don’t follow the Indians that closely but my first reaction was Cleveland bent the Mets over by getting them to take Carrasco’s contract...seems like he’s always hurt

That's how I see it too as far as Carrasco's involvement in the trade. Mets needed to take him if they wanted Lindor.

Who else do the Indians have that’s approaching free agency? Isn’t the 3B under contract long term? If not, paging my LA Dodgers...

I've read that Jose Ramirez, the Indians 3B and highest paid player now on the payroll is under contract until the end of the 23 season and is owed 9M, 12M and 14M for the remainder of his contract.

that's why I've said for years there should be a salary floor.

Hey it’s the Beeerrrrrr Guy!!! He was always a fav during the games!!!

What's crazy is Cleveland has gotten rid of Kluber, Bauer, Clevinger, and now Carrasco. And they still have a strong enough rotation

As someone else later on noted, they were right! Kluber and Clevinger sucked last season, and Bauer is a head case!

Frankie was out the door, we couldnt offer what he wanted. He is the type of talent and player that wants a chance at championships every year. If Cleveland were to pay him the max $400-500-600 or whatever it is, we couldnt field a quality team to get to multiple years of championships. Motto here is use talent until they get expensive and then hope to acquire the next talent.

And this is the model in the NFL these days as well. Draft a young, talented QB, pay him not really all that much money in his first contract, so you have money to build a team around him. When he gets too expensive, move him for draft picks. Never offer a running back a long term second contract! It's just business!

But the Mets? They are like step-children to the Yankees. I’m not to familiar with their rosters so can’t comment on the outlook for them.

Well I guess Cleveland has tons of cap space now.

Why would the Indians care about that? And there is no salary cap in MLB, and that's why this stuff goes on!

That could very well be. I'll tell you this, they will never let what happened to them with players like Albert Belle, Manny Ramirez, and Jim Thome happen to them again! Those players walked away, and the Indians got NOTHING!

I've read that Jose Ramirez, the Indians 3B and highest paid player now on the payroll is under contract until the end of the 23 season and is owed 9M, 12M and 14M for the remainder of his contract.

Now that's an affordable salary!

Mets and Padres not playing around this offseason! Wish I could say the same for my Red Sox...

It’s as if the Indians have decided to become the Indians of “Major League”. It looks like the majority of the roster will be making at or near the minimum salary.

Mets and Padres not playing around this offseason! Wish I could say the same for my Red Sox...

The change in ownership for the Mets is huge. Cohen, unlike the Wilpons, has promised (and is delivering) to spend money. I don't think he's done either. I'm thinking the Mets will continue to try to sign George Springer.

I assume you mean top 5 SS in the game, right?
Yeah... Frankie needs to sign as there are a lot of great free agents not sure if it's good or bad for sooo many hitting at same time.

Back