The 2021 MLB Thread

Did anybody see the Drew Robinson E-60 story on ESPN last night? .. If you didnt, I highly encourage watching it, even though it is tough to get through with how emotional of a story it is. Link to Story: https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id...drew-robinson-return-baseball-suicide-attempt

Quick summary if you know nothing about it. Young man who has been a minor league player for the last couple years, and also battling depression. In April 2020, he attempted suicide. He survived the attempt, but lost his right eye in the surgeries afterwards. In the ensuring months during his physical and mental recovery, he became determined to return to baseball. Returning to baseball with only 1 eye, after losing 30 pounds, rebuilding relationships with his family, and while still battling his own thoughts. This season, he made the SF Giants AAA Affiliate Sacramento Rivercats. His batting average has struggles this year but the other day he just hit his first home run. I was a left handed hitter growing up, and I cannot imagine hitting without my RIGHT eye, the leading eye! Hes adjusted to it in 1 year and versus professional pitching. Crazy!

Any my few words dont do justice to how remarkable his comeback has been nor to the significance or severity of what he's gone through. But definitely rooting for this guy! Any if you or someone you know is struggling with depression or suicidal thoughts, here is the number. You are worth more than you realize.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255

Did anybody see the Drew Robinson E-60 story on ESPN last night? .. If you didnt, I highly encourage watching it, even though it is tough to get through with how emotional of a story it is. Link to Story: https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id...drew-robinson-return-baseball-suicide-attempt

Quick summary if you know nothing about it. Young man who has been a minor league player for the last couple years, and also battling depression. In April 2020, he attempted suicide. He survived the attempt, but lost his right eye in the surgeries afterwards. In the ensuring months during his physical and mental recovery, he became determined to return to baseball. Returning to baseball with only 1 eye, after losing 30 pounds, rebuilding relationships with his family, and while still battling his own thoughts. This season, he made the SF Giants AAA Affiliate Sacramento Rivercats. His batting average has struggles this year but the other day he just hit his first home run. I was a left handed hitter growing up, and I cannot imagine hitting without my RIGHT eye, the leading eye! Hes adjusted to it in 1 year and versus professional pitching. Crazy!

Any my few words dont do justice to how remarkable his comeback has been nor to the significance or severity of what he's gone through. But definitely rooting for this guy! Any if you or someone you know is struggling with depression or suicidal thoughts, here is the number. You are worth more than you realize.

I read the article the other day. Amazing story, amazing comeback and good for him educating others!

He had his first AAA hit a few days ago and followed it up with a homer in his next game! He faces long odds on the road back, but I’ll be cheering for him!

Not where you expect to see a collision :oops:

Astros heating up. Got A's, dodgers, Padres, and red Sox coming up. Needed the sweep of the lowly rangers before that gauntlet.

Despite a poor start to the Silver Boot Series this year, the Rangers still own a 21 game lead (120-99) in the overall series while also winning the Boot more times than the Asstros. Head to head results prove that the Rangers are clearly 'the Team of Texas' as does the fact that all-time great and former Asstro & Ranger Nolan Ryan chose to have himself depicted in a Rangers cap on his MLB Hall of Fame plaque.

TEXAS RANGERS - winning without cheating since 1972

Rangers.gif

Despite a poor start to the Silver Boot Series this year, the Rangers still own a 21 game lead (120-99) in the overall series while also winning the Boot more times than the Asstros. Head to head results prove that the Rangers are clearly 'the Team of Texas' as does the fact that all-time great and former Asstro & Ranger Nolan Ryan chose to have himself depicted in a Rangers cap on his MLB Hall of Fame plaque.

View attachment 9008196
Now that’s a positive outlook while sitting at the bottom of the standings!

AL West possibly the best division in baseball; Rangers have a lot of good players, working on getting them to play their best together more consistently.
It's all good down here in Paradise :cool:

AL West possibly the best division in baseball; Rangers have a lot of good players, working on getting them to play their best together more consistently.
It's all good down here in Paradise :cool:
It will forever be my dream to touch Adrian Beltre’s head, damn the consequences!

View attachment 9008196
LOL, dude lighten up.

1. Since 1972 the rangers have a losing record so saying that they have been winning since 1972 is false.
2. The Astros were in Texas first.
3. The Astros have more playoff appearances, pennants, and World Series wins.
4. The Astros stadium doesn't look like a Costco
5. The Astros have a culturally significant stadium (Astrodome) and uniform (Tequila Sunrise). The rangers have always been irrelevant.
6. The Astros/rangers rivalry is really not something that means anything to anyone. It was a money play for Bud Selig to get Cubs fans to attend games in Milwaukee. He moved the Brewers to NL then forced the Astros to the American League when they sold. No market outside of Texas cares about either of these teams. These teams have never really played when both have been good. There is no rivalry. The cities don't like each other, that's all.

Hate on, who cares it is just baseball.

🤨

I give any other player the benefit of the doubt and say they were just indecisive and made a bad call at the last moment. Arod and Manny though..

I agree, really no matter what Manny did there he would have been wrong. He did slow down so that means he could of dumped himself towards the grass to get out of the way. Any other player would get a pass but if you have previous suspect plays then you have to wear it.

1. Since 1972 the rangers have a losing record so saying that they have been winning since 1972 is false.
2. The Astros were in Texas first.
3. The Astros have more playoff appearances, pennants, and World Series wins.
4. The Astros stadium doesn't look like a Costco
5. The Astros have a culturally significant stadium (Astrodome) and uniform (Tequila Sunrise). The rangers have always been irrelevant.
6. The Astros/rangers rivalry is really not something that means anything to anyone. It was a money play for Bud Selig to get Cubs fans to attend games in Milwaukee. He moved the Brewers to NL then forced the Astros to the American League when they sold. No market outside of Texas cares about either of these teams. These teams have never really played when both have been good. There is no rivalry. The cities don't like each other, that's all.
1. I meant the wins they get are done without cheating, the Asstros can't say that - (went over your head i see)
2. But they still only represent the gulf coast - the Rangers represent the rest of the great state
3. Not without cheating, that's why nationally they're called the Asterisks & hated by all - they're dirty cheaters
4. The 2 parks are very similar - don't be stupid
5. They don't play in the Astrodome anymore & the 'Strike zone' uniforms are among the worst ever in MLB
6. The rivalry is huge in Texas - exactly where its supposed to be, who cares about outside markets

1. I meant the wins they get are done without cheating, the Asstros can't say that - (went over your head i see)
2. But they still only represent the gulf coast - the Rangers represent the rest of the great state
3. Not without cheating, that's why nationally they're called the Asterisks & hated by all - they're dirty cheaters
5. They don't play in the Astrodome anymore & the 'Strike zone' uniforms are among the worst ever in MLB
6. The rivalry is huge in Texas - exactly where its supposed to be, who cares about outside markets
Bold statement with A-Roid and Canseco teaching players how to cycle steroids. Nothing went over my head.

Enjoy your one man debate now. I just don't care about this that much.

I mean Josh Hamilton, A-Rod, Palmeiro, but by all means enjoy your glass house.

I agree, really no matter what Manny did there he would have been wrong. He did slow down so that means he could of dumped himself towards the grass to get out of the way. Any other player would get a pass but if you have previous suspect plays then you have to wear it.
I was under the impression direct interference meant both runners were out. Machado is a douche.

Machado will always be a dirty player to me. Never forgive him for the Pedroia slide. Ruined a career.
This was probably the worst incident, but fortunately not the worst result.

I mean Josh Hamilton, A-Rod, Palmeiro, but by all means enjoy your glass house.
Steroids? Who's talking steroids? The topic is Asstro cheating which they did to win the 2017 WS by banging on trash cans, signaling pitches, and other nefarious stuff. That's why the entirety of MLB hates them now, not steroids. Every team at some point in their history has had steroid players, every single one. It's a fact. Might as well shut down the entire league if we're all uppity about steroids. Stay on topic.

I just don't care about this that much.
That's why you posted, without provocation, on Sunday afternoon - "Astros heating up...some big series coming up...needed that sweep of the Rangers"
Yeah, you don't give a rip. What a joke, just be truthful with yourself ;)

Back