The 2021 MLB Thread

Good he deserved it. Up 16-4, in the 9th, and you are swinging at a 3-0 pitch. Hit him every time he comes up. Take the 3-0 strike then do what you want.
"Don't swing on a 3-0 count in a blowout" has to be one of the dumbest unwritten rules to me because it helps a pitcher get outs if he's struggling to throw strikes. Even if it doesn't help the pitcher, it's still ridiculous to say a batter needs to give the pitcher a free pitch. If the Twins wanted the White Sox to stop playing, they should have forfeited. Baseball is better because he put that 45mph pitch into orbit.

MLB should just put in a mercy rule if we're that concerned about the fragile egos of players.

"Don't swing on a 3-0 count in a blowout" has to be one of the dumbest unwritten rules to me because it helps a pitcher get outs if he's struggling to throw strikes. Even if it doesn't help the pitcher, it's still ridiculous to say a batter needs to give the pitcher a free pitch. If the Twins wanted the White Sox to stop playing, they should have forfeited. Baseball is better because he put that 45mph pitch into orbit.

MLB should just put in a mercy rule if we're that concerned about the fragile egos of players.
16-4 top of 9th 3-0 count and some position player pitching. You take 1 strike.

Because it's the right way to play. It's called sportsmanship.

You dont run a hurry up offense when you're up 40-3 in the 4th quarter. You dont swing 3-0 up 16-4 in the 9th. Just like you dont steal a base when you're up 16-4 in the 9th.

You can disagree with me, that's fine, but him getting thrown at tells you how the players feel.

Him getting thrown at tells me the players are cry babies :ROFLMAO:

In my opinion putting La Tortuga in to throw a 45mph meatball is more disrespectful to the game than a batter swinging at it, but I don't think either offense is justified by attempted assault. Like I said, if we're really concerned about feelings getting hurt in blowouts, they should just put in a 10 run and 15 run rule like in the World Baseball Classic.

DINGER SZN.

Torreys is not going to hit many....lol
That one was surprising to say the least. Still not feeling great about this team, but looking forward to getting to another game soon. I missed the in-person booing.

That one was surprising to say the least. Still not feeling great about this team, but looking forward to getting to another game soon. I missed the in-person booing.
Hell yes...cant wait to get to a game. Going to take my 6 year old. I'm sure she will be bored after 5 mins 😆

As for the team. They are missing something. I can't see them competing how they are right now. They need a hitter and a pitcher. Or bohm has to start playing like he did last year and harper has to play like he was before getting hit in the face. Even then I'm not sure it's enough.

Toronto Blue Jays tickets are a hot item in Buffalo. Yankees and Red Sox tickets going for big money and all are hard to get. Friend of mine went last night and said they did an incredible job on the Ball Park and everyone had a great time.That would be a great park to watch Major League Baseball in.

Because it's the right way to play. It's called sportsmanship.

You dont run a hurry up offense when you're up 40-3 in the 4th quarter. You dont swing 3-0 up 16-4 in the 9th. Just like you dont steal a base when you're up 16-4 in the 9th.

You can disagree with me, that's fine, but him getting thrown at tells you how the players feel.
It's sportsmanship to chuck a fastball at someone(which can end their career) because that player did something you don't approve of? I don't get it. Just don't throw at people, the same reason you don't hit into the group playing slow.

It's sportsmanship to chuck a fastball at someone(which can end their career) because that player did something you don't approve of? I don't get it. Just don't throw at people, the same reason you don't hit into the group playing slow.
Logic and unwritten rules don't go together.

There’s no such thing as running up the score in professional sports. Grown men, getting paid millions to play a game...your feelings do not matter.

Don’t want to lose 20-2...shut up and try harder.

“There’s no crying in baseball.”

I have no problem with him getting plunked in the side or leg. Just my opinion.

And the whole "just don't let them score" nonsense is just that nonsense. You see what happens when players and teams run up scores....you see how upset players get. So it's definitely not just me.

We all learned sportsmanship in little league.

I have no problem with him getting plunked in the side or leg. Just my opinion.

And the whole "just don't let them score" nonsense is just that nonsense. You see what happens when players and teams run up scores....you see how upset players get. So it's definitely not just me.

We all learned sportsmanship in little league.
Agreed, I just don't see how throwing at someone falls under the blanket of warranted Sportsmanship.

Agreed, I just don't see how throwing at someone falls under the blanket of warranted Sportsmanship.
Anyone that has ever played a team sport in their life doesn't like the score run up on them. You can call it poor sportsmanship if you want. It is what it is and has been since the beginning of sports

Anyone that has ever played a team sport in their life doesn't like the score run up on them. You can call it poor sportsmanship if you want. It is what it is and has been since the beginning of sports
I'm actually agreeing, I'm just saying throwing at someone isn't exactly sportsmanship either.

Love Gibson, and his bulldog nature.. we still shouldn't be throwing at people.
Totally agree. Just too dangerous. It should be required viewing and reading for all in MLB to see what happened to Tony Conigliaro.B0CD7161-2A73-4B1D-B4FA-106B87405EC2.jpeg

Totally agree. Just too dangerous. It should be required viewing and reading for all in MLB to see what happened to Tony Conigliaro.View attachment 9010974
If pitchers can throw a 95 mph fastball in a 6 inch box, they can hit you in the thigh or lower back. Only way you get hit in the head would be on purpose or a total accident.

If pitchers can throw a 95 mph fastball in a 6 inch box, they can hit you in the thigh or lower back. Only way you get hit in the head would be on purpose or a total accident.
Agreed.. at a min. If you hit someone you should be fined. If it's high and on purpose you shouldn't be in the league🤷🏼‍♂️

I have no problem with this and I loved Chapmans tweet to Altuve. Some circumstances warrant this. But if someone intentionally throws at someones head there should be consequences.D7B7929E-CDB3-41E8-812C-0E7F608549B7.jpeg

Back