The 2021 MLB Thread

Note to Cora: DO NOT PITCH TO STANTON AGAIN under any circumstance!

If George Steinbrenner were still alive the 3b coach would already be fired

Sox win! On to Tampa for the ALDS.

Come on Dodgers, don’t pull a Yankees tomorrow

The Yankees paid all that money to Cole and he only goes two innings in the biggest game of the year.

The Yankees paid all that money to Cole and he only goes two innings in the biggest game of the year.
As much as I like mad max, I'm hoping to see the same from him tomorrow.

All my friends who are Yankee fans who flooded me with texts with brooms after the last series strangely silent tonight. Nothing will ever be better than 2004 but as a lifelong Red Sox fan this win is up there.

All my friends who are Yankee fans who flooded me with texts with brooms after the last series strangely silent tonight. Nothing will ever be better than 2004 but as a lifelong Red Sox fan this win is up there.
2004 is the year I'd like to forget ever happened. 😆

yankees should have busted out the cotton uniforms

Normally I'd give him a pass this year because they have been doing the road games from Yankee Stadium. But he was in the ballpark last night for the first time on the road all year. Excluding the Mets series.

Jesus..a Yankees broadcaster that doesn't understand the Green Monster...

John Sterling's Home Run calls are scripted. "It is high, it is far, it is gone" then he adds something about the player". Doesn't matter if a home run that just clears the fence or is a tape measure shot. All are dramatically high, far and gone.

Normally I'd give him a pass this year because they have been doing the road games from Yankee Stadium. But he was in the ballpark last night for the first time on the road all year. Excluding the Mets series.

It's not the first time "it is high, it is far, it is gone" followed by confusion from Sterling as to what actually happened was not a HR.

John Sterling's Home Run calls are scripted. "It is high, it is far, it is gone" then he adds something about the player". Doesn't matter if a home run that just clears the fence or is a tape measure shot. All are dramatically high, far and gone.

It's not the first time "it is high, it is far, it is gone" followed by confusion from Sterling as to what actually happened was not a HR.

lol nope not the first, won't be the last.

lol nope not the first, won't be the last.

True. As you can probably understand I listen to a fair share of Yankee games on the radio. If there's a game on and I'm in the car, I'm listening.

If George Steinbrenner were still alive the 3b coach would already be fired

oh he will be gone. No doubt about it.

The Yankees were incredibly frustrating to watch this season. Terrible at running the bases, below average in the field. They have a catcher who doesn't have a clue how to block a ball, and they seemingly suffered more late-game losses than I can ever remember seeing. This is a team that was throwing a no-hitter in the 8th inning while up 4, and lost the game.

They certainly have some sh!t to figure out. Need a new catcher, someone who can call a good game and is strong behind the plate. If they hit 250, that's an improvement in all areas. Torres can't be the SS, after 2 seasons, that is evident. Should have never let Didi walk. Need to figure out 1st if you don't bring Rizzo back(Voit isn't the answer either). Gardner, it's time to retire. The everyday role isn't what he signed up for this year, but as soon as Hicks went down, it was his position.

I don't know what they are going to do with Boone. He's a yes man. Cashman has a stranglehold on that manager's spot and limits his power. As for an in-game manager, he's pretty shaky.

C'mon Cardinals!! Let's go Wainwright (y) Wouldn't it suck to be a Dodgers fan, after winning 106 games, you don't even make the playoffs? :eek:

C'mon Cardinals!! Let's go Wainwright (y) Wouldn't it suck to be a Dodgers fan, after winning 106 games, you don't even make the playoffs? :eek:
Dodgers fan here. They did make the playoffs. I hate the Giants but you have to give credit where credit is due - they went out and took the division title. It isn't like the Dodgers won 88 games to finish 2nd. As for today...I'm nervous. I hate the idea of facing Wainwright. They could easily lose and be out of the playoffs. That's what you risk when you can't win the division.

Great game last night, Fenway was rocking!!!!!

Lets go Sox!

oh he will be gone. No doubt about it.

The Yankees were incredibly frustrating to watch this season. Terrible at running the bases, below average in the field. They have a catcher who doesn't have a clue how to block a ball, and they seemingly suffered more late-game losses than I can ever remember seeing. This is a team that was throwing a no-hitter in the 8th inning while up 4, and lost the game.

They certainly have some sh!t to figure out. Need a new catcher, someone who can call a good game and is strong behind the plate. If they hit 250, that's an improvement in all areas. Torres can't be the SS, after 2 seasons, that is evident. Should have never let Didi walk. Need to figure out 1st if you don't bring Rizzo back(Voit isn't the answer either). Gardner, it's time to retire. The everyday role isn't what he signed up for this year, but as soon as Hicks went down, it was his position.

I don't know what they are going to do with Boone. He's a yes man. Cashman has a stranglehold on that manager's spot and limits his power. As for an in-game manager, he's pretty shaky.
I didn't follow the Yankees this season. Interesting take that Boone is a Yes-Man to Cashman. From afar it seems like Cashman is the problem. The roster is very ... I'm not sure of the right word, but it isn't great.

Note to Cora: DO NOT PITCH TO STANTON AGAIN under any circumstance!
Still can't believe he put Brasier in to pitch to him. Bonehead move of the night that almost cost us!

Man, I know the Cardinals are the underdogs, and I should go into this game expecting a loss, but as usual, I am a nervous wreck today.

I fully anticipate a really good game. Mad Max is an absolute animal, but Adam Wainwright is a crafty veteran. I think this is going to come down to the team that gets that first big hit, and I can absolutely see this being a 3-1, 4-2 type game.

Best of luck to all the Dodgers fans out there, but I am really hoping the Cardinals are celebrating in LA tonight.

Dodgers fan here. They did make the playoffs. I hate the Giants but you have to give credit where credit is due - they went out and took the division title. It isn't like the Dodgers won 88 games to finish 2nd. As for today...I'm nervous. I hate the idea of facing Wainwright. They could easily lose and be out of the playoffs. That's what you risk when you can't win the division.
Is the wildcard game considered the playoffs? Wouldn't that be considered a 163'rd game to see who makes the playoffs? Genuine question

Is the wildcard game considered the playoffs? Wouldn't that be considered a 163'rd game to see who makes the playoffs? Genuine question
My understanding is that it is considered the playoffs. For example, the Mariners were in contention for the last wildcard spot and the announcers regularly commented on how it has been 18 years since they made the playoffs.

Back