The 2021 MLB Thread

One more win and on to the ALCS! Definitely a crazy 13th inning last night. Yes, the Sox got a big, lucky break in the top of the inning but it ruled appropriately in accordance with MLB rules.

Will be interesting to see the pitching situation for both teams tonight after the amount of pitchers that were used last night. Heard Wacha mentioned as a possibility for the Rays which I would definitely welcome after the way the Sox light him up in relief in game 2!

Sox bringing the lumber in the bottom of the third. 5 - 0

I've been to hundreds of White Sox games and none were as loud or as crazy as last night. From introductions to the last pitch what seemed like 7 hours later, it was insane. The blackout looks awesome in person, and the crowd was just so electric. Such great memories with the son

Got home in the early hours of the morning, woke up, drove back into the city only for the game to get cancelled as we were about to park. Bring it on tomorrow!!

PXL_20211010_233358949~2.jpg
PXL_20211010_231142997.jpg
PXL_20211010_232452042.jpg

I've been to hundreds of White Sox games and none were as loud or as crazy as last night. From introductions to the last pitch what seemed like 7 hours later, it was insane. The blackout looks awesome in person, and the crowd was just so electric. Such great memories with the son

Got home in the early hours of the morning, woke up, drove back into the city only for the game to get cancelled as we were about to park. Bring it on tomorrow!!

View attachment 9034384
View attachment 9034385
View attachment 9034386
Great pictures of you and your son. Those are some memories that will last...for both of you.

On to the ALCS!!! These guys are going to give me a heart attack before it's all over with.

On to the ALCS!!! These guys are going to give me a heart attack before it's all over with.
Hoping for an all sox ALCS.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hoping for an all sox ALCS.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

At this point, I am hoping for a 5 game series in the White Sox - Astros ALDS. The more pitching that is used in that series and the less rest they get after it, the better is is for the Red Sox. An all Sox series would be cool.

When Woods out pitches Scherzer and you get a once in a lifetime wind that knocks down your game tieing HR...sometimes you start to feel like maybe it just isn’t your year

Let's send this back to Houston!!

Attachments

• PXL_20211012_155842248.jpg
    PXL_20211012_155842248.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 7
5 LCS trips in a row baby!! Boston will be a tough out, but I fully expect another WS when it's all said and done.

GO BRAVES!!!

Man having to choose between the Red Sox and Astros is something I was not ready for haha

5 LCS trips in a row baby!! Boston will be a tough out, but I fully expect another WS when it's all said and done.

You going to see Mattress Mack to buy a mattress?

The Astros have tortured us this year.
I want to beat them so much I can taste it, but we haven't done anything against them since the 2018 playoffs.

Would love to face the Giants in the finals.

We beat them in 1912, but I don't remember a single pitch from that World Series.

Astros and the Sox are probably going to end in a slugfest. Those 2 lineups can hit. There's probably going to be a couple blowouts in the series. Go SOX!

Come on Dodgers, don't lose to the frickin' Giants.

Come on Dodgers, don't lose to the frickin' Giants.
That's going to be a good one tonight. Whoever loses is sad just because of the great records from the same division.

Frick

Not a swing. Bad call to end the series.

Two teams that won 109 games and went 12-12 in head to head meetings. The final most important game was a one run game with the deciding run scored in the last inning. It’s a disappointment to me as a Giants fan that their monumental season is over. But I’m more disappointed as a lifetime baseball fan that the decline in popularity of the sport itself really affected the public perception of the game and the viewership of the game. That’s sad to me, but I understand why and how baseball has declined in popularity.

Not a swing. Bad call to end the series.

It’s a shame that this game between these two teams given the seasons they had would end on a questionable call.

That was a bad way to end that game. Not sure how the ump makes that call. maybe we do need to have automated umps.

Brutal way for the game to end if you are a Giants fan. As a Dodgers fan an 0-2 count against Scherzer...that call likely didn't change the outcome. Still don't like to see a game end that way. I guess there was a game in July where the check swing call went the Giants way and cost the Dodgers the W, which ended up being the difference in winning the division vs. being a wild card. Odd how things balance out. I respect Kapler and Ruff for their post game comments about it. Class.

Last edited:
Back