The 2021 MLB Thread

crap...who do i root for the braves or dodgers? it's a no win for me but i gotta go braves. i won't root for the yankees and i won't root for the dodgers. braves it is

So I guess if you are not a fan of the Dodgers, Astros, Braves, or Red Sox that the easy choice is root for Atlanta. I mean I get all the hate for the other 3 teams being an Astros fan but this can't be fun for casual fans.

Astros - some cheating thing, I dunno. :ROFLMAO: 5 straight yrs in ALCS. we want new blood.
Dodgers - $2 billion payroll, entitlement, douche fans, douche players
Red Sox - Can we just stop with Boston titles already. Jeez. Cheaters. Talk funny. Stupid stadium (I have been there)

So I guess if you are not a fan of the Dodgers, Astros, Braves, or Red Sox that the easy choice is root for Atlanta. I mean I get all the hate for the other 3 teams being an Astros fan but this can't be fun for casual fans.

Astros - some cheating thing, I dunno. :ROFLMAO: 5 straight yrs in ALCS. we want new blood.
Dodgers - $2 billion payroll, entitlement, douche fans, douche players
Red Sox - Can we just stop with Boston titles already. Jeez. Cheaters. Talk funny. Stupid stadium (I have been there)

WS here we come!!

It’s a shame that this game between these two teams given the seasons they had would end on a questionable call.
I agree with this. Its a shame in any sport when that happens particularly a judgment call like “charging “ in basketball or “holding , pass interference” in football. I am always amazed how often MLB umpires get it right when watching a replay but any game ending on a controversial call is a shame.

Brutal way for the game to end if you are a Giants fan. As a Dodgers fan an 0-2 count against Scherzer...that call likely didn't change the outcome. Still don't like to see a game end that way. I guess there was a game in July where the check swing call went the Giants way and cost the Dodgers the W, which ended up being the difference in winning the division vs. being a wild card. Odd how things balance out. I respect Kapler and Ruff for their post game comments about it. Class.

You are so right about how things balance out. I am a lifelong Giants fan back to the late 60s and Willie Mays. It's a strike because the ump said he swung at it. That's a judgment call and it's not reviewable. And it shouldn't be.

Now we can debate as to whether it likely didn't change the outcome. That's what we would do as fans of the teams and the sport. I understand and appreciate your confidence in Scherzer, but Flores could have hit a game and series winning home run on the next pitch. We'll never know.

As I said earlier this morning you hate to see this game after the seasons these teams had end on a questionable call.

man i have to root for the redsox....this is the worst baseball year EVER!!!!!

who could possible root for the cheating astros??? :ROFLMAO:
Pretty sure it is in jest but Cora is a cheating Astro. lol and red sox had their own cheating scandal. lol Just a lot of unlikable teams in general. I really think that the most likable teams this post season were the Brewers and Rays. I would never root for the Brewers because **** Bud Selig. The Rays want to play in 2 different cities. I mean everyone can find something to hate about everything.

Pretty sure it is in jest but Cora is a cheating Astro. lol and red sox had their own cheating scandal. lol Just a lot of unlikable teams in general. I really think that the most likable teams this post season were the Brewers and Rays. I would never root for the Brewers because **** Bud Selig. The Rays want to play in 2 different cities. I mean everyone can find something to hate about everything.
you ain't cheating you ain't trying :ROFLMAO:

i don't like any of the teams left...forced to root for sox and braves.

No Lance McCullers Jr on Astros ALCS roster. ouch

Except the Dodgers. That's pure goodness. Nobody could hate on the Dodgers :)

ALCS time! Go Sox!!!!!

Thank you Kike! Sale has completely lost it...

Thank you again Kike!

Big error by Altuve puts Sox up 2-1.

Error on Altuve, that doesn’t happen we are out of this inning. Stupid mistakes, but gotta give it to the Sox for taking advantage

Error on Altuve, that doesn’t happen we are out of this inning. Stupid mistakes, but gotta give it to the Sox for taking advantage

Nice job by the relief pitcher to keep it 3-1.

Nice job by the relief pitcher to keep it 3-1.

that was a big out, and Hernandez catching that diving fly ball was huge int he bottom of the 2nd.

Don’t think Sale is going to last that long tonight. Key inning here.

7 LOB is not a good stat Astros. Especially with only one out in the inning

Altuve!!!!

Yeah Astros.

Still not happy with how many were left on base, but a win is a win!

1634358287083.gif

That a boy JD! Grand Slam in top of the 1st.

Back