The 2021 MLB Thread

Cardinals sign Steven Matz

Not the "sexiest" signing, but he throws strikes and gets ground balls. This is the type of guy they need with the best defense in baseball. I am happy with the move.

Now they need to shore up the bullpen and find a bat or 2 off of the bench and I will count it a successful offseason.

Scherzer to the Mets, 3 years, roughly $130 million. Good lord.

A lot of MLB signings for a lot of money in the last couple of days!

Meanwhile the Sox only ripple has been signing Michael Wacha to a one year deal last week....

Just stupid.

Absolutely stupid.

They need a cap/floor ASAP

What's awesome is that the Marlines forked over $90 million yesterday and were in hard on Marte too.

Seeing rumors that Seager is going to make a decision today. I don't want the Yankees to go spending like drunken sailors, but man he'd be the perfect fit.

Just saw this. Wow. What a rotation

you could make an argument that Scherzer was a guy who lived up to his big contract the last time he signed one. Added a couple of cy young awards and a world series ring.

The Rangers are going crazy! Seagar now for $325 million!

Thought he was going to be in pinstripes in NY. That’s a great contract for him. Significantly more than what was expected. Knew that 10 years was likely just not that far above 300 million.

Guess we could see Correa in pinstripes now instead of the old English D

Seeing rumors that Seager is going to make a decision today. I don't want the Yankees to go spending like drunken sailors, but man he'd be the perfect fit.

I assume the Yankees were blown out of the water by the Rangers and the 325 million.

Guess we could see Correa in pinstripes now instead of the old English D

Let’s see wherever he ends up if he gets Seager money.

Let’s see wherever he ends up if he gets Seager money.
I was hearing the 300 mil number thrown around before. This should change that. Personally I think 10 yr deals are stupid

Seager is not that good. They will regret this contract soon enough.

Call me crazy but the conspiracy theorist part of me can’t help but wonder if this crazy spending is somehow tied to an underlying goal of winning the collective bargaining agreement battle by spending to undermine the player’s core complaints.

I mean they see that the A's are looking to sell and the Astros possibly losing Correa. Makes that division much more in play over the next few years. I think that's why you see them and the Mariners as being big-time players right now. But you know what we aren't doing(yet) talking about the big splash moves the Yankees and Boston are doing. That's a good thing.

Seager is not that good. They will regret this contract soon enough.

Call me crazy but the conspiracy theorist part of me can’t help but wonder if this crazy spending is somehow tied to an underlying goal of winning the collective bargaining agreement battle by spending to undermine the player’s core complaints.
Oh I’m sure that agreement looming and wanting to get these guys signed before that is playing a huge role

I was hearing the 300 mil number thrown around before. This should change that. Personally I think 10 yr deals are stupid

Owners can’t whine they’re losing money when they spend like this.

Once they get their career contract, they are oft injured, under perform, etc... Long term deals are nuts.

Back