The 2021 MLB Thread

PKorf

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
0-10
Might as well start 2021 offf the right way....

Lindor.......ANNNNNNND Corrasco? Geeze

Sweet

Who?

I think of Lindor as a foregone conclusion, but I'd hate to see Carrasco go as well. Took a team friendly contract, and seems to like Cleveland for him and his family.

Carrasco too?!?!?! Damn their rotation is going to be so good.

Carrasco too?!?!?! Damn their rotation is going to be so good.
Have a pretty close friend and fellow THPer who works in the upper levels of the Indians. Told me this was going to happen 3 months ago. Probably more to come

75645AC7-114A-4555-AB02-A7435A2A63ED.png

screw you....."Cleveland Baseball Team"

As an Indians fan I am so frustrated. I get it that Lindor was going. I already accepted it. But why Cookie too.

As an Indians fan I am so frustrated. I get it that Lindor was going. I already accepted it. But why Cookie too.

Big salary dump. Cleveland cuts payroll by moving two big contracts.

yup, that is a big move for the Mets.

This is when I wish George Steinbrenner was still alive. The Boss wouldn't like it if the Mets got the back page.

If the Phillies give away Sixto and don’t bring back Realmuto baseball is dead to me!

Of course I’ll still watch every game and they know that. But I won’t be happy about it!

What's crazy is Cleveland has gotten rid of Kluber, Bauer, Clevinger, and now Carrasco. And they still have a strong enough rotation

Lindor.......ANNNNNNND Corrasco? Geeze
That was shocking to me. Wowzers. I haven't looked into what they received...was it worth it?

That was shocking to me. Wowzers. I haven't looked into what they received...was it worth it?

The two major leaguers Cleveland received in the deal both play the same position. They got the two players on the Mets who competed for playing time at Shortstop.

Top 5 player in the league for a bag of peanuts and a box of cracker jacks... Cookie was salary dump.

Top 5 player in the league for a bag of peanuts and a box of cracker jacks... Cookie was salary dump.
Are they in rebuilding mode??? Crazy to think what they gave up.

Are they in rebuilding mode??? Crazy to think what they gave up.

Frankie was out the door, we couldnt offer what he wanted. He is the type of talent and player that wants a chance at championships every year. If Cleveland were to pay him the max $400-500-600 or whatever it is, we couldnt field a quality team to get to multiple years of championships. Motto here is use talent until they get expensive and then hope to acquire the next talent.

Frankie was out the door, we couldnt offer what he wanted. He is the type of talent and player that wants a chance at championships every year. If Cleveland were to pay him the max $400-500-600 or whatever it is, we couldnt field a quality team to get to multiple years of championships. Motto here is use talent until they get expensive and then hope to acquire the next talent.
But the Mets? They are like step-children to the Yankees. I’m not to familiar with their rosters so can’t comment on the outlook for them.

Well I guess Cleveland has tons of cap space now.

Back