The 2021 MLB Thread

I was really hoping NY would give him call up at the end of the year but being that they are making a hard push for it this year, that just isn't going to happen. He did more than most gave him credit for.
I think if expanded major league rosters in September were still a thing then he would have made it

No DH in NL is dumb. It should be universal at this point. I think both sides ultimately want it and delay is probably a contract negotiation tactic with bargaining coming up.

No DH in NL is dumb. It should be universal at this point. I think both sides ultimately want it and delay is probably a contract negotiation tactic with bargaining coming up.

It’s definitely a bargaining issue. The players union wants it but management only offered it in conjunction with expanded playoffs. Playoff tv money goes to the owners and not the players, so the players did not agree to the universal DH.

It’s definitely a bargaining issue. The players union wants it but management only offered it in conjunction with expanded playoffs. Playoff tv money goes to the owners and not the players, so the players did not agree to the universal DH.
Yeah, ultimately it is going to come down to a split of the playoff revenue. Everyone wants the DH pretty much. Only people that don't a older longtime NL fans.

Tatis Jr, 14 years $340 million 😳😳

Quite the contract for a 22 year old. Mike Trout and Mookie Betts inked their mega deals when they were closer to 30 than 20. We'll see how it works out for the Padres.

And as an aside the White Sox , in 2016 traded the then 17 year old Tatis Jr., who had yet to appear in a professional game at the time, to the Padres for James Shields.

Realmuto broken thumb makes me sad. Just renewed my MLB audio subscription, I’m ready for baseball and lawn mowing!

Tatis gets $340M? What should the Nats offer Soto?. If I owned the team, I'd go with $400M

Tatis gets $340M? What should the Nats offer Soto?. If I owned the team, I'd go with $400M
I think Soto is a great talent but Tatis is in a different plane all together. I'd say Soto= 10yr 250 million

Must be nice to be a hugely talented baseball player in his early 20s. I think Soto would command an offer similar to Tatis Jr. Soto on base percentage is among the best in baseball. He has one of the best eyes at the plate. He hits for average with power and draws a huge amount of walks and he has already proven that he can perform on the biggest stage.

I think Soto is a great talent but Tatis is in a different plane all together. I'd say Soto= 10yr 250 million

I don’t agree with this at all. Soto may be the most complete young hitter in the entire game.

Not going to try and estimate his next contract, but to say Tatis is on a different plane is just crazy

I don’t agree with this at all. Soto may be the most complete young hitter in the entire game.

Not going to try and estimate his next contract, but to say Tatis is on a different plane is just crazy
I think Tatis is ahead of the curve. I'm not knocking Soto at all. I think he's the level of talent to build a franchise around. Tatis is that level but also plays a premium position. How many .300/30hr shortstop are in the game? How many 300/30hr outfielders? That's my point.

Wow this Mariners president really screwed the pooch for the rest of the teams. Everyone knew that teams manipulated service time but to go out and brag about it was dumb.

Just seeing the Tatis Jr. contract. Wow! San Diego is certainly not screwing around!

:rolleyes:

We've all got to find the thing we are best at, too bad his is being the worst... ever. I generally oppose taking the human element out of the game but why does that guy have to be the outlier? :mad:

In the 5th inning AH took a foul off the wrist.. Hopefully ending his season behind the plate.. wishful thinking. He's fine

BAT FLIP SZN.

When you only hit 1 HR in the 2019 season you must take advantage :ROFLMAO:
I am honestly not thrilled that they brought him back. I am all for second chances and I have not read up on what if anything he has done to rehabilitate himself, but I’m pretty much just hoping he gets cut. But all that stuff aside, that was a few home runs worth of bat flip in one swing and maybe a fastball to the ribs :LOL:

When you only hit 1 HR in the 2019 season you must take advantage :ROFLMAO:

It's the first week of March , the beginning of Spring training games, and the pitcher is wearing # 83. All that adds up to a bat flip from this feared slugger. :ROFLMAO: But, it's against the Yankees. :cool:

It's the first week of March , the beginning of Spring training games, and the pitcher is wearing # 83. All that adds up to a bat flip from this feared slugger. :ROFLMAO: But, it's against the Yankees. :cool:
I'm not a fan of showboating, but it was against the Yankees...

I am honestly not thrilled that they brought him back. I am all for second chances and I have not read up on what if anything he has done to rehabilitate himself, but I’m pretty much just hoping he gets cut. But all that stuff aside, that was a few home runs worth of bat flip in one swing and maybe a fastball to the ribs :LOL:
I'd be wearing some extra padding next at bat.

It's ok, the Cleveland baseball team brings back a lot of those guys I'm not thrilled about each year, mainly in the outfield... Right there with you!

Absolutely hilarious play by Molina yesterday. I love Jomboy's breakdown in general, but this is one of my favorites:

Back