The 2021 MLB Thread

My unscientific opinion on unwritten home run rules:
  • Bat flip: ok
  • Stare down ball or pitcher: plunk
  • Slow trot: plunk

Don’t want someone to do a bat flip or admire a home run, then don’t give up a home run. Don’t want the pitcher to celebrate a strikeout, then don’t strike out.

I'm ok with bat flips because they seem to let pitchers whoop it up and yell and punch their gloves after big strikeouts, especially toward the end of a game or bases loaded innings. If you don't allow/want bat flips and celebrations then have the pitchers tone down their stuff too.
Good point....but staring at a home run for 5 seconds then jogging around the bases while doing a spin is more then a fist pump after a bases loaded strike out...but I get what you're saying

Don’t want someone to do a bat flip or admire a home run, then don’t give up a home run. Don’t want the pitcher to celebrate a strikeout, then don’t strike out.
It's funny, not singling out your comment, but I am for a little more fan wise with golf, that I got killed for, but I want a little less in baseball (unwritten rules, old school, whatever) and I am getting the old guy shaking his hand at a cloud....lol

Good point....but staring at a home run for 5 seconds then jogging around the bases while doing a spin is more then a fist pump after a bases loaded strike out...but I get what you're saying
Just like golf, It all comes back to pace of play 😆

(seriously though)

My Marlins won a game!!!!! Okay now back to regularly scheduled programing.

Phils with a double header today after yesterday’s rainout in New York! And I may have gotten tickets to the May 1st game!

Very true. Each of those celebrations whether by pitcher or batter can go overboard and that is where the grey area comes in. Also, seems to be a lot more demonstrative celebrations by American League pitchers since they don't bat;)

Biggest unwritten rule in baseball....Be entertaining so there is more money spent for your product.

While tradionalists have more money to spend now, you need to build a base of the "Let the kids play" market. If I spend money on sports I want to be entertained. I love the momentary celebrations and seeing people get heated by it. I also think that if you are going to plunk someone then actually give me a fight. I am so sick and tired of seeing benches clear just to see guys yell at a distance. Be like hockey and actually allow a fight. Some of those pitchers will think twice before throwing at some of the monsters if you actually have to fight them.

Very true. Each of those celebrations whether by pitcher or batter can go overboard and that is where the grey area comes in. Also, seems to be a lot more demonstrative celebrations by American League pitchers since they don't bat;)
thats very true :ROFLMAO:

Phils pitcher coming in on the Mets guys and they’re not happy. Boohoo. Of course I’m mowing the lawn during the fun...

As a marlins fan I'm glad Miami is putting up runs but fried looks bad. He looks like he still isn't comfortable.

It's a W - the mighty Texas Rangers secure win #4 tonight, 8-3 over the Rays

What's worse getting hit in the foot or the nasty?

The Cardinals starting staff is thinner than I had feared. It’s going to be a long year if they don’t figure something out.

Miami raked last night. Not sure where this has been.

Can you say 'Win Streak'? 2 in a row, break up the Rangers 🔥

My unscientific opinion on unwritten home run rules:
  • Bat flip: ok
  • Stare down ball or pitcher: plunk
  • Slow trot: plunk

where does Juan Soto’s groin grab and staredown in the batters box land on this list :LOL:

Last edited:
where does Juan Soto’a groin grab and staredown in the batters box land on this list :LOL:
Shhhhh the Phillies are on a losing streak and baseball is currently dead to me. Until 12:10 tomorrow. Although for the record I’d like to see a pitcher toss a rosin bag at him between pitches.

3 in a row for Miami.

Carlos Rodon threw a no-hitter, facing only one over the minimum. He hit a batter in the ninth on a 1-2 pitch.

1618456575554.png

Carlos Rodon threw a no-hitter, facing only one over the minimum. He hit a batter in the ninth on a 1-2 pitch.

View attachment 9003256
Oh man, so close! Backdoor slider landed right on the tip of his back foot. Abreu with an amazing play right before to preserve the no no. Fun game to watch. Sox get Tim anderson back tomorrow, hopefully this leads to a few wins.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Funny how the Red Sox ownership and management were getting absolutely blasted on social media during the off-season and 0 - 3 start. Those same idiots doing the blasting are now making posts of praise and ready to buy World Series tickets during the current 9 game winning streak. I will just sit back and watch how the marathon that is the baseball season plays out.

Funny how the Red Sox ownership and management were getting absolutely blasted on social media during the off-season and 0 - 3 start. Those same idiots doing the blasting are now making posts of praise and ready to buy World Series tickets during the current 9 game winning streak. I will just sit back and watch how the marathon that is the baseball season plays out.

Feeling the same way (on the Yankee side). People are losing their minds after a few series losses in the division with 150 games left on the schedule.

Back