The 2021 MLB Thread

Hehehe

This may be my favorite moment of the season!

Hehe Kole Calhoun. I still remember our sports dept. at the TV station covering him when he was playing summer ball in Eau Claire and the sports director saying "this kid has a real chance of reaching the big leagues."

this has to be one of the worst calls ever

That is trash. How do none of the other crew members smack him upside the head and overrule this nonsense?

I can’t stand stuff like this. Umpires trying to be the focal point is a really bad direction for a sport waning in popularity.

I’ve watched this 4 times. I still can’t figure out what the heck the ump saw.

I’m looking forward to Girardi’s presser after the game because this is some BS.

Hard to believe that it was on purpose but still not good
Yeah, not ever good to see anyone hit but hard to believe there was any malice there. If you're going to hit someone you don't do it with the score tied and intentionally put the tie runner in scoring position.

Especially when the pitcher could have just stopped and tagged him out instead. What a bs call.

Hopeful that the Phils win in blowout fashion today and leave a few sore ribs on Cardinals players.

Hopeful that the Phils win in blowout fashion today and leave a few sore ribs on Cardinals players.
No reason to go that route, if they win great. Pitcher had a bad night, no reason to end someone's career over it.

No reason to go that route, if they win great. Pitcher had a bad night, no reason to end someone's career over it.
i gotta agree with this. let's just play and win the game. i don't want to see nola go after anyone...BUT BUT BUT...if he does then i am also ok with that

That’s why I said ribs. If his command was that bad, don’t target the inside of the plate. He went 97mph into Harper’s face and 94 into Didi’s ribs on the very next pitch. Neither pitch was remotely close to the plate and the Phillies will be lucky not to lose a player for an extended period of time. I don’t have a problem with shoulders down retribution.

i gotta agree with this. let's just play and win the game. i don't want to see nola go after anyone...BUT BUT BUT...if he does then i am also ok with that
Yup I’d actually be surprised if we saw any retaliation. Certainly don’t want to see it from Nola and our pen is so thin already we can’t afford to lose anyone. Vinny only made it 4 1/3, maybe he’s available.

Last night was the 33rd time in his career (including 3 this season), where Jacob DeGrom has allowed 1 run or fewer and he did not pick up a win. In 81 starts since the beginning of 2018, DeGrom has a 1.99 ERA and the Mets are 38-43 in those games.

DeGrom has allowed 2 earned runs this season. His record is 2-2 with an ERA of 0.51.

And because of the three batter minimum, the pitcher had to remain in the game after hitting two batters in a row:

Last night was the 33rd time in his career (including 3 this season), where Jacob DeGrom has allowed 1 run or fewer and he did not pick up a win. In 81 starts since the beginning of 2018, DeGrom has a 1.99 ERA and the Mets are 38-43 in those games.

DeGrom has allowed 2 earned runs this season. His record is 2-2 with an ERA of 0.51.
He needs to start pitching more than 6 innings per outing! The Phillies can’t hit him, but they seem to be able to work him enough to get to the pen for a few innings. (CG shutout coming up in his next start against them, glad I could jinx it.)

And because of the three batter minimum, the pitcher had to remain in the game after hitting two batters in a row:
yeah but 2 pitches 2 hit guys...he should have been tossed right then. what if the phils had another lefty coming up next?

phillies lineup today is like a minor league team. looking at that lineup, i think there is going to be some fireworks later in the game.

Back