The 2021 Morgan Cup Travel & Extra Rounds Thread

Oh, no... Here we go. Now I am going to have to listen to @NVGOLFER80 discuss how Utah drivers all of lead feet, even though I have tried to host him twice for a round of golf and something always comes up, like pandemics. 😂

Listen man.. It will happen this year.. Hopefully. Pandemic or not..

Also, I have driven in CA and UT. I have never been afraid for my life in CA.. Just saying..

In UT its. .

Btw, for those of you considering it, I would play Sand Hollow virtually any day of the week over Wolf Creek. It is more scenic and simply a better layout. It also has a better practice facility. Even though I have played both quite a few times, Wolf Creek is, as others on the forum have stated, a funky track. You likely will not score well on it until you have played it a few times. Once you really get a feel for it, though, it plays easier than its slope rating, imo.

Listen man.. It will happen this year.. Hopefully. Pandemic or not..

Also, I have driven in CA and UT. I have never been afraid for my life in CA.. Just saying..

In UT its. .

First of all, there are not even that many beer cans available in Utah. Second, where did some golfer whom many consider to be the G.O.A.T. try to turn his vehicle into an airplane of some type? I rest my case.

Btw, for those of you considering it, I would play Sand Hollow virtually any day of the week over Wolf Creek. It is more scenic and simply a better layout. It also has a better practice facility. Even though I have played both quite a few times, Wolf Creek is, as others on the forum have stated, a funky track. You likely will not score well on it until you have played it a few times. Once you really get a feel for it, though, it plays easier than its slope rating, imo.
Just checked Sand Hollow. With the multiple courses I could easily see spending a two day with an overnight there. Get in, dust off the travel rust on the wee and links, grab a solid meal then play the big boy in the morning.

Last edited:
Just checked Sand Hollow. With the multiple courses I could easily see spending a two day with an overnight there.

THere are so many good courses in St George. Even the 9 hole muni Dixie Red hills is a blast.

THere are so many good courses in St George. Even the 9 hole muni Dixie Red hills is a blast.
It is amazing how many good tracks there are between Sand Hills and Mesquite. They are jam packed since the onset of the pandemic, so people need to make sure they get tee times in advance.

It is amazing how many good tracks there are between Sand Hills and Mesquite. They are jam packed since the onset of the pandemic, so people need to make sure they get tee times in advance.

good call.

Yes. I know what we have seen and experienced each and every time we have been there. Note: "border towns" in many places are very sketch. :cautious:

Haha. alright alright.

We both are pretty close in our estimates. BTW, how frequently have you seen big horn sheep? I know that they are in the area, but I have never seen them.

View attachment 9000536
I seriously have only seen them once or twice, but I'm usually driving and I'm not a hunter. By buddy who hunts anything and everything rides, watches and sees them all the time. I must be blind!!

I seriously have only seen them once or twice, but I'm usually driving and I'm not a hunter. By buddy who hunts anything and everything rides, watches and sees them all the time. I must be blind!!
Now I am going to have to look for them. They can be so elusive.

I’m honestly good with whatever the group/team decides. They will be new courses to me!

Damn some of those courses you guys may play are just absurdly nice!

Looks like Friday is going to be a practice round at TPC. If we want to do Wolf Creek it will have to be on Thursday or Monday. I am driving up from Phoenix so I will probably come up on Wednesday night. I might just stay up all night and head right to a course on Thursday morning. It is Vegas I think I can find something to do. :ROFLMAO:

I will probably drive home on Monday night or Tuesday. That is the plan today, this changes more than my current wish bag before final decision. lol

Correct, talking with Jose last night we think it's best to play Friday's practice round at TPC Vegas just like last year

Correct, talking with Jose last night we think it's best to play Friday's practice round at TPC Vegas just like last year
It was beneficial to get a look at the course before Cup play.

It may also be the only time some of you play holes 17 and 18.

Sounds like a practice round on Friday at the event course is on the extra round docket. This is going to be a heck of a golf trip!!!

Sounds like a practice round on Friday at the event course is on the extra round docket. This is going to be a heck of a golf trip!!!

Yes it is, Can’t wait!

Friday at TPC sounds good!

I'll fly in Thursday, just waiting for SWest to have flights available.

Can't wait to meet you guys!!!

I plan on flying in on Wednesday so I can play Thursday morning. I just seen this thread for some reason.

Back