The 2021 Morgan Cup with Cobra PUMA Golf: Want To Be A Tour Player

Taking LW to the other tee boxes then another PW to the FW. I am so scared of hitting out of the desert.

:unsure:
There goes my strategy 🤷‍♂️

I guess I’ll have to hope my lesson this weekend takes hold and I’ll play it XB and then mid iron home, let the supernova go to work

So this hole is kind of fun. Hole 2 at TPC Las Vegas is a signature Par 3 coming in at around 180 yards. The scenery is intimidating, but the complex is quite large and a properly aimed shot is key to avoid the desert.

View attachment 9027640
View attachment 9027641
This is the hole where nerves started getting real. Thought I had a par in the bag to go up in the match and @H8tobogie canned a long par putt. I ended up three putting and going immediately to the beverage cart!

Stop giving away pairing info! :mad:
Are you upset I gave a glimpse into the team room or that you weren’t tagged in the list 😘

I think it's time to get back out there with @Scooby45 so I can give you guys the goods on how he's playing..
I played with him on Sunday, and he’s swinging the stick pretty good. We should maybe try for the 25th or 26th to get him back out.

Today we have TPC Las Vegas Hole #3. This one has a big forced carry, it's long, and it's slightly uphill on approach. The photo in @baylrballa post above shows the tee shot. How are you playing it fellow MC'ers?

View attachment 9028130

View attachment 9028131
It’s funny, I’ve played this course 6 times I think and I don’t remember how I played #3 hahaha

By far my most memorable hole from last year. We played the (wrong) back tees on accident mixing up the blue/white holes. I hit probably best drive of the weekend right down the middle, 290+. paradise put both in the desert and went treking to find one. I went ahead and put one to 15-20 feet while they were looking with a 7i i think from 150ish, and I popped on the hole. mentally already counted the hole a win. We see some heads pop up and dust fly roughly from the blue spot in the desert, but don't see any balls fly out. Cart over and one had made it just out of the desert into the rough 85 yards out. Yags and I move on greenside, fist bumping thinking a 3-putt probably wins the hole. Then we watch a ball land about 30 feet short, bounce a couple times and just roll right in. :LOL: I was rattled and missed the putt but at least 2-putted for a push.

tpc3.jpg

I played with him on Sunday, and he’s swinging the stick pretty good. We should maybe try for the 25th or 26th to get him back out.
I'm in. Maybe an afternoon round at the O? Could also do a weekday afternoon if you guys are free.

By far my most memorable hole from last year. We played the (wrong) back tees on accident mixing up the blue/white holes. I hit probably best drive of the weekend right down the middle, 290+. paradise put both in the desert and went treking to find one. I went ahead and put one to 15-20 feet while they were looking with a 7i i think from 150ish, and I popped on the hole. mentally already counted the hole a win. We see some heads pop up and dust fly roughly from the blue spot in the desert, but don't see any balls fly out. Cart over and one had made it just out of the desert into the rough 85 yards out. Yags and I move on greenside, fist bumping thinking a 3-putt probably wins the hole. Then we watch a ball land about 30 feet short, bounce a couple times and just roll right in. :LOL: I was rattled and missed the putt but at least 2-putted for a push.

View attachment 9028142
Wow, what a comeback. They say in match play to always expect your opponent to make a great shot. This helps stay focused.

Fun hole for sure. Intimidating. I don’t think we played it from that yardage though
#2 was played from the Blue tee (184) in the Shamble.

I would be down for that.

I'm in. Maybe an afternoon round at the O? Could also do a weekday afternoon if you guys are free.
Earliest I think I could slip out during the week is probably 3 or 3:30 depending on the day.

Earliest I think I could slip out during the week is probably 3 or 3:30 depending on the day.
Schedule next week is not conducive to it, unfortunately, the week after however...

#3 was played from the white tees in all 3 formats last year.
Not in our match. We played the blue tees and told @JB to go back and tell everyone they were playing the wrong box, only to find out we played the wrong box.

@baylrballa had the description correct. Maybe we weren’t that far left in the desert but we were definitely in it and @KY Golfer holed the birdie from about 85 yards to push the hole.

In singles, I hit a toed 3W into the gunch just left of and about even with the end of the first bunker. I don't recommend playing form there. I tried to hit too fine a shot from there instead of just punching out and hopefully wedging on to putt for par.

View attachment 9028142

Wasn't quite that far left, but it wasn't pretty either :p. We needed to hole out all day just to keep pace with you guys. It was a royal but whipping and it wasn't like @oumagic & I were playing really bad. Not great by any means but I think we finished even on the round. You guys were just killing it.

Not in our match. We played the blue tees and told @JB to go back and tell everyone they were playing the wrong box, only to find out we played the wrong box.

@baylrballa had the description correct. Maybe we weren’t that far left in the desert but we were definitely in it and @KY Golfer holed the birdie from about 85 yards to push the hole.

I'm just happy we found one of our tee shots 😁

Wasn't quite that far left, but it was pretty either :p

don't worry, in another year or two, my retelling will include yall playing the second shot from one of those backyards.

don't worry, in another year or two, my retelling will include yall playing the second shot from one of those backyards.
LOL, that was the 2nd round for @Duffer Waldorf & I on #4 or #5 and Duffer hit one of the best shots I saw that weekend.

Last edited:
Getting really excited to get out there in a few weeks. It rained some today, so I spent the afternoon between meetings working on putting with a mat. Working on a facet of my game every day to keep pushing forward. Let's go!

Back