The 2021 Morgan Cup with Cobra PUMA Golf: Want To Be A Tour Player

I have a question and I hope every participant answers.
Quote this post and give your thoughts.

Each of you received a RadSpeed driver that has a ton of adjustability. How much have you adjusted it, being shaft change, weight change, loft change, face angle?

Not sure how many are following along, but hopefully everybody sees this.
I adjusted my RADSPEED XB driver from 10.5* to 11.5* and put it in the Draw setting to make it a bit more upright. That has been the perfect setting for me. I considered a little extra weight, but decided against it. I have changed grip 2 times. Once for the adjustment and once because I found out I don't like Winn grips.

Last edited:

Each of you received a RadSpeed driver that has a ton of adjustability. How much have you adjusted it, being shaft change, weight change, loft change, face angle?

I have played with it a good bit, stock at 10.5 XB. Added an RBX blue shaft to play with as it was the one shaft I couldn't find locally or at the PGASS in Columbus when I made the drive. Initially with the F3 I was down at 9 deg after my fitting but went up to 9.5 with the RDX as it was a bit lower spin when I put it on the launch monitor at the local shop. Have since played it at 10.5 with the F3 in an effort to find more fairways and give up a bit of distance. (I feel like if on the green stuff I will have a chance in Vegas even from a bit further out given how the rest of the game is rounding into shape). I've also played with the draw setting when my recent rounds showed a right miss bias and old habits creep back in.

Since the MC selection I've been doing lessons which has changed how I swing. Being able to adapt the driver easily has been fun to play with. I'm locked into my settings for the Cup after my last lesson but the ability to shift has been great.

I changed my shaft to my gamer that I had in my F9 driver (Ventus blue 5r). It’s more comfortable to me and gives me a lot more confidence. That shaft has a different grip that I also prefer sure to the wet/humid conditions in Houston (MCC +4).

I haven’t needed to change the lofts or anything else with the XB

Ive ordered the Radspeed XB 10.5deg with the Mitsubishi Tensei AV 65 Blue, -.5" in shaft length to compensate for the Arccos grips.

I havent changed a thing. My fitting was right on, and the club is pretty bulletproof.

So had a busy morning Monday and Tuesday. I think night might be a better time to do hole previews.

On that note today we will look at hole 5. This is a devilish little par 4 at 378 yards. Looks like a tee shot over the creek to relatively flat but maybe slightly uphill approach area. Looks like a perfect spot for @Jman's Big Tour 3W.

Gallery_Las-Vegas-Hole-6.jpgScreenshot_20210921-182048.jpg

I have the standard head in 10.5*. The stock shaft was too long so I switched to a different shaft and adjusted the loft and weights to something more I like to see ball flight wise.

I went with the XB in 10.5 degrees. 10.5 in my fitting had to much loft for my taste, so when I actually got it, I put it down to 9.5 in the draw setting. Also went the the motore F1 shaft in stiff. I found the F3 and the RDX did not match well with my swing compared to the F1.

I know these are minor changes, but from day one it has been the most accurate driver I have ever played. I have the BB21 also and the XB beats it in accuracy, and I was very accurate with that driver. As of today I am sitting near 60% FIR in 17 rounds of golf.

A ton over the time I’ve had my head (basically since release date). I always try everything to really dial in the setup for optimal chance at performance for my swing! Couldn’t imagine never adjusting an adjustable driver…

My original order was a 10.5 XB with Tensei Blue at 45".....Set at standard settings with Tour Velvet align grip which makes adjusting very difficult without switching out grip. I ordered the Velocity shaft and installed it at uncut length of 48" with a standard Tour Velvet grip. I then cut the shaft to have driver play at 46" and also adjusted loft to 9 degrees with draw. And that is where it has sat for the past three months.
Also..edit...With original at 45" the head weight was a tad high for play at 46" so I removed the one weight in the sole...

Last edited:
So had a busy morning Monday and Tuesday. I think night might be a better time to do hole previews.

On that note today we will look at hole 5. This is a devilish little par 4 at 378 yards. Looks like a tee shot over the creek to relatively flat but maybe slightly uphill approach area. Looks like a perfect spot for @Jman's Big Tour 3W.

View attachment 9029256View attachment 9029257
So it looks like you are taking the "Bryson Line" and driving the green? 😉

So it looks like you are taking the "Bryson Line" and driving the green? 😉
:ROFLMAO: just trying to get the overhead view without my caddie view over it. Arccos added that in to the picture.

View attachment 9029256View attachment 9029257
I think I got Ninja'd by @Duffer Waldorf LOL!

I had to do 2 interviews today guys. I am off my game.

i have not adjusted a thing on myRadSpeed XB driver.... and just love it!

E723736D-EFCA-46DF-A6BA-E394BF7FAA44.jpeg

Last edited:
Alright gentlemen. Today we have hole 6 at TPC Las Vegas. It is a 604 par 5. That's long. The overhead shows a forced carry off the tee. This one looks to be fairly flat but has an absolutely beautiful view of the nearby desert hills.

I think Arccos is a bit confused on witch club I should hit 2nd and 3rd down below as I would probably reverse the 8 and 3W, but 600 is a long way for this guy to hit 3 shots.

Gallery_Las-Vegas-Hole-6.jpgScreenshot_20210922-063719.jpgScreenshot_20210922-063511.jpg

Not a Morgan Cup member but been following this thread.

I got fit in April at CC with the RDX Blue 60 S shaft and Cobra Radspeed XB 9° and I've been experimenting with it ever since. Received 2 additional weights (8g and 12g) from Cobra customer service to go along with the 6 g stock weight in rear, and been swapping weights around along with different lofts and draw settings. I've finally settled on 8g in rear and standard 9° loft and standard lie setting. Found the draw setting led to pulls for my swing, and 10° closed the face a touch which didn't help me. I'm dialed in now and absolutely love this driver. I have a G400 MAX at 9° and the XB destroyed it with lower spin (2400-2500 vs the MAX 3600-4000) and carry and total distance. Fun driver.

This looks
Alright gentlemen. Today we have hole 6 at TPC Las Vegas. It is a 604 par 5. That's long. The overhead shows a forced carry off the tee. This one looks to be fairly flat but has an absolutely beautiful view of the nearby desert hills.

I think Arccos is a bit confused on witch club I should hit 2nd and 3rd down below as I would probably reverse the 8 and 3W, but 600 is a long way for this guy to hit 3 shots.

View attachment 9029303View attachment 9029304View attachment 9029305
This looks like a great hole!

I've not done a ton to be honest. I had it set at 11.5 because that was where my past few drivers had sat and wanted to keep it as that just to get used to it. Sadly because of obvious reasons I couldn't get fit so had to take a bit of a punt. I've moved the loft down as far as it goes, and then up as well just to see the different ball flights and results. The best for me is to set it at 11 in the D setting, is where I see most consistency.

Shaft wise, I'm in the Hzrdus Smoke Blue, and I have no real reason to change. Think I ended up with the perfect setting for me purely by a bit of educated guesswork.

View attachment 9029303View attachment 9029304View attachment 9029305

This looks like a fantastic hole to play. This course looks unbelievable. There's no way I'm getting to the green in 2 here, so my second shot I'll probably try to land left of the mid bunker with a 6i or something to get into a good position for a long iron into the green

Back