The 2021 Morgan Cup with Cobra PUMA Golf: Want To Be A Tour Player

With @DataDude posting his arccos recommended approach; I wanted to ask the other Morgan Cup participants. Do you often use the Caddie? Why or why not?

And as a follow up, will you be using it at the MC?

I have a Arccos Link and I tend to use the Caddie recommendations for new courses. Depressingly, Arccos knows more about my game than I perceive about it. For courses that I'm very familiar with, I don't tend to use it because I know exactly how to play the course.

I will try to use the Caddie for the MC, unless it starts delaying pace of play and I get the eye of doom from JB or someone!

With @DataDude posting his arccos recommended approach; I wanted to ask the other Morgan Cup participants. Do you often use the Caddie? Why or why not?

I have a Arccos Link and I tend to use the Caddie recommendations for new courses. Depressingly, Arccos knows more about my game than I perceive about it. For courses that I'm very familiar with, I don't tend to use it because I know exactly how to play the course.

I will try to use the Caddie for the MC, unless it starts delaying pace of play and I get the eye of doom from JB or someone!
I use the recommendations on the app during play all the time. The part where you hit the yardage and it brings up the adjusted yardage and recommends a club. That part is awesome.

Never use the caddie. I'm that guy that needs my head aligned to my choice.

I'm hit or miss. I'm not fully sold on the wind inclusion so if that appears to be influencing the club choice I override it. On calm days I typically go with it, unless something like lie just doesn't make me feel confident.

One. Day. Closer.

I believe the Morgan Cup is on deck. Meaning one more THP Experience before this one, so if you get a chance next week, show some love to the Budget Experience next week as we will be updating like crazy with just a couple of THPers from a beautiful private facility.

I never listen to the caddie. My caddie is often drunk and makes horrible decisions.

I played a round this weekend using only the Caddie. It was about 50/50 on my decision making with club choice. It did force me to swing easy and club up. Not sure I would use it on a course I played often but I can see how it would help

I never listen to the caddie. My caddie is often drunk and makes horrible decisions.

I think it would be cool if it broke your distances down into wind and down wind. I play in windy conditions 90% of the time so throws my distances off and ergo my caddy is drunk as well!

late night bourbon + shopping the puma website = good day for puma, bad day for my bank account, great day for my golf apparel collection

late night bourbon + shopping the puma website = good day for puma, bad day for my bank account, great day for my golf apparel collection

guilty of that as well lol

The more rounds I play, the better the caddie gets. I actually consult it on occasion. Getting excited for all of the participants. Was an Arccos subscription provided or did the participants have to purchase one? It’s not perfect, but I find it to be a useful tool that is worth the subscription fee.

No kidding. My caddie’s insane suggestions often make my drunken decisions look sane. I usually just play with it in tournament mode and with the link, don’t even look at my phone every hole; I just try to correct it after the round as needed.

I've never once used the caddie function, and probably won't start. I'm generally pretty comfortable with my distances and strategy - pulling the shots off is another matter, but I'm never really puzzled about what club to look at. When I'm playing a new course I'll have a look on Arccos with the caddie function to get an idea of hole shape, but it shows up all kinds of funky suggestions. Like on a par 5, recommends I tee off with a 6i, then a 3w, followed by a 56 degree. Although having said that, might be fun just to follow it completely one time and see how the scores fall.

Been there, done that and quite literally have the T-shirt :LOL:

The more rounds I play, the better the caddie gets. I actually consult it on occasion. Getting excited for all of the participants. Was an Arccos subscription provided or did the participants have to purchase one? It’s not perfect, but I find it to be a useful tool that is worth the subscription fee.
Cobra graciously provided a 1 year subscription.:)

Good morning!

Today we have the 7th hole at TPC Las Vegas. This one is a long par 3 at 193 yards. I believe this view is from the tee so the visual here is a tabletop which hides the space available for the ball to land. On the overhead however there is plenty of room to the right. What's your play? Where do you aim? Gallery_Las-Vegas-Hole-7.jpg
Screenshot_20210923-064123.jpgScreenshot_20210923-064204.jpg

Reactions: J4U
Good morning!

Today we have the 7th hole at TPC Las Vegas. This one is a long par 3 at 193 yards. I believe this view is from the tee so the visual here is a tabletop which hides the space available for the ball to land. On the overhead however there is plenty of room to the right. What's your play? Where do you aim? View attachment 9029457
View attachment 9029458View attachment 9029459
This hole is a beast! Especially if the wind is up. It’s a par 3 you aim at the flag 😎

This hole is a beast! Especially if the wind is up. It’s a par 3 you aim at the flag 😎
I was reading through the 2020 Live Thread and my advice there was hit it hard and hope it lands close. That's sounds about right for me.

Last edited:
I'll definitely be taking a hybrid into the green here and landing it a bit short and trying to run it up!

Hole 7 was a tough one. Lots of shots left short.

Hole 7 was a tough one. Lots of shots left short.
Better than long or left. I know on Sunday that we played the blended tees (160ish this hole) and Arccos says I came up a little short with an 8. Obviously not the right club but I wasn't going long.

Better than long or left. I know on Sunday that we played the blended tees (160ish this hole) and Arccos says I came up a little short with an 8. Obviously not the right club but I wasn't going long.
OH there were plenty long and left too:ROFLMAO:

7 is a mean hole for mid to high handicaps who can't hit a draw on command.

lots of bailing out short and right.

@ToddJ027b and @LittleRat making a sandy from the deep bunker on the left was impressive and kept us from being able to push the match.

Back