The 2021 Morgan Cup with Cobra PUMA Golf: Want To Be A Tour Player

Cobra is Highly Underrated among club manufacturers. I don't know why. Maybe they don't spend as much on advertising as the other majors do. I know when I open up Golf digest Sometimes I never see a Cobra ad.
I also find is amusing when they do their club ratings they will have TourEdge listed but not Cobra for certain categories. Mind Boggling
I was thinking back as you said that, recalling advertising during golf telecasts - I'm not sure I can remember ever seeing a Cobra ad. Tour Edge hits it pretty heavily, Callaway and TaylorMade a bit less so, PXG yells at me constantly and makes me wonder if I'm in trouble or something, haha. I think I've seen more tv ads for the SquareStrike wedge, S7K putter and Hammer driver (POW! BOOM! UGGHHHH!) than I have for Cobra gear. Ping is in the same boat for that matter, as are a host of others (Mizuno, Srixon, etc.). I can only guess they've done marketing analytics and decided that it's not the best use of their advertising dollars - I can't imagine it just being an inadvertent omission.

While Cobra may be underrated/less known by the general golfing public, they have a very avid following here on THP and are one of the top heavy hitters. I'd guess they're in a pretty decent percentage of THP'ers bags, and not just because of the MC.

Out of curiosity, I just took a look at the 2021 Golf Digest Hotlist - Cobra are gold medalists and at the top of the heap in almost every category - Drivers, Fairway Woods, Hybrids, and every category of irons.

Oh baby, a custom made set of Team Hackers or Paradise head covers would be the 💣

Get the hybrids and head cover them babies up. You know you want to. 😆

can't wait for spots to fill out and THPers to get this gear and give it a once over. Cobra bringing the heat with its gear all around, but I want to get my hands on RadSpeed in particular!

I’ve made three bags of clubs that I keep bouncing around in my head. Gonna be a long month trying to figure it out.

I would love to throw some Club Glove head covers on a set of King Forged Tec irons.

It's getting close! It's only a 7 hr drive for me & I would love to give reviews on the clubs as a high handicapper.

I was thinking back as you said that, recalling advertising during golf telecasts - I'm not sure I can remember ever seeing a Cobra ad.
Bryson's Radspeed ad has been out there quite a bit lately.

I know a ton of THPers who fit in to those three things that are being looked for! I'm truly pumped to see who fill out the teams!

Bryson's Radspeed ad has been out there quite a bit lately.
You know, now that you mention it I do remember seeing that one. Don't know why it slipped my mind!

Regardless of how good the equipment is, the average Joe that doesn’t research products or go for fittings only notice what wins on Sundays sells on Mondays. Lexi, Ricky, Bryson.... but who else

Regardless of how good the equipment is, the average Joe that doesn’t research products or go for fittings only notice what wins on Sundays sells on Mondays. Lexi, Ricky, Bryson.... but who else
I'd love to see some stats on how much Tour use/wins actually influences sales.

I'd love to see some stats on how much Tour use/wins actually influences sales.

I believe we would struggle to get honest data. There is a reason some of the players on tour get big contracts. Rory could hit high draws with any new club made.

Yup, this is the correct answer 😂 The process continues and continues, I’ve already decided for certain and then changed my mind a dozen times, and I’ve never even seen one of the nee clubs in person!

I would love to throw some Club Glove head covers on a set of King Forged Tec irons.

Is Club Glove is hosting an event? How weird,

Some crazy orange Ricki Fowler headcovers with THP Logo would be the bomb.

Last edited:
Really looking forward to this event and the opportunity to be a part of it. I am definitely going OL if given the chance. I have a set of the King Black wedges and SZ Driver and I love them. Would just have to see which irons work better for me in the OL. Following JB's OL journey and really curious how they will work for me on a season long journey.

Love that participants will have a ton of time to get familiar and share their thoughts on the equipment before the event. Should be nice and dialed in by go time!

Been on the Cobra site more than ever. I am usually on there once or twice a week but, as of lately, it's been a couple times a day. Thinking about what I would go with. Looking at the OL, then I move more toward the Forge Tec. Then, I look at the Tour MIM.
One of the coolest parts is the reviewing. I really like reading what others think about equipment. I may not be the most well versed person when it comes to shafts and such but, I still enjoying seeing what everyone has to say. A regular everyday golfer, like myself, giving their feed back.
Such a rad event! Super stoked to see who will get the pleasure to be participating!!

Getting the equipment before the event is a great opportunity to get familiar with it, evaluate it, and review it without the pressure of competing. I have not used Cobra equipment but my son(xhail) has. I know he can point me in the right direction. It will be exciting to try out new equipment and share information with THPers. I can't wait for the opening and seeing who gets this chance. I am ready.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Love that the participants will get equipment before event. This is a great idea

Let's say you get picked for the Morgan Cup. Have you already daydreamed and picked your bag out or are you going.to feverishly start researching everything from there?

I’ve been dreaming about OL irons for a few years now and then Cobra goes and makes those MIM’s... I’m sure I’d jump right on the Cobra Golf website and research everything they have. Good problems.

For those following along, participants have received equipment before the Morgan for a bit now.

For those following along, participants have received equipment before the Morgan for a bit now.
It's going to be a lot of fun for us this year getting a whole season to review and test and then capping it with the main event The Morgan Cup.

Back