The 2021 Morgan Cup with Cobra PUMA Golf: Want To Be A Tour Player

To all of the participants. This is really a message to those that have never been to a THP Experience before. The excitement right now is high, its equipment ordering time and then slowly the clubs arrive and you will begin to get them in the bag, out on the course, complain about shafts, etc etc :D

If you think you understand what a THP Experience is, because you have traveled for golf, you are in for something different. Golf travel and playing new courses is amazing, being a tour player for a weekend with thousands of people following a live update thread waiting for every single hole update is another.

We love the game and the equipment and you are about to play with two people that have had so many creations over the last two decades that it would make your head spin. Clubs you had no idea that they were involved in, came from these two gentlemen that I am honored to call friends.

I will have a lot to say leading up to this event. Probably more than you want to hear, but I have three simple things to follow to help you make this special.

1. Take a step back and think for a minute about what is taking place. That we picked 14 random people from the internet that will travel from all over the world, to play golf for a weekend, get a full bag of clubs, play with the people that made those clubs and that work with the best on tour at a resort that houses tour players during their tournament.

2. You get as much back as you put in. If you want this to be a weekend where you show up and play and leave, it is. If you want more, it can be whatever you want it to be.

3. Lots of THP Experiences happen throughout the year. Follow a few of the live update threads, post in spots you might not otherwise and you will be amazed at the cheering and posting that goes on at your event from the same people you followed.

I named this for the most important person in my life. I was told it could never happen. It happens. Its special. And I am honored and humbled that so many are as into it as I am.

To all of the participants. This is really a message to those that have never been to a THP Experience before. The excitement right now is high, its equipment ordering time and then slowly the clubs arrive and you will begin to get them in the bag, out on the course, complain about shafts, etc etc :D

If you think you understand what a THP Experience is, because you have traveled for golf, you are in for something different. Golf travel and playing new courses is amazing, being a tour player for a weekend with thousands of people following a live update thread waiting for every single hole update is another.

We love the game and the equipment and you are about to play with two people that have had so many creations over the last two decades that it would make your head spin. Clubs you had no idea that they were involved in, came from these two gentlemen that I am honored to call friends.

I will have a lot to say leading up to this event. Probably more than you want to hear, but I have three simple things to follow to help you make this special.

1. Take a step back and think for a minute about what is taking place. That we picked 14 random people from the internet that will travel from all over the world, to play golf for a weekend, get a full bag of clubs, play with the people that made those clubs and that work with the best on tour at a resort that houses tour players during their tournament.

2. You get as much back as you put in. If you want this to be a weekend where you show up and play and leave, it is. If you want more, it can be whatever you want it to be.

3. Lots of THP Experiences happen throughout the year. Follow a few of the live update threads, post in spots you might not otherwise and you will be amazed at the cheering and posting that goes on at your event from the same people you followed.

I named this for the most important person in my life. I was told it could never happen. It happens. Its special. And I am honored and humbled that so many are as into it as I am.

It’s crazy to think about. No where else can this happen. Looking forward to making the most out of it! We appreciate all the hard work that goes into this as well!

Thank you JB. I look forward to the event, but I also am looking forward to the challenge of giving my bag a full workout and continuous update/review over the next 5.5 months.

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity! Its hard to wrap my head around the event, let alone all the planning and effort that goes into something like this with so many moving parts. Thank you for this chance to be treated like a tour player for a weekend, and thank you to everyone involved! I hope to add to everyone's fun and comradery before and during the Morgan Cup.

Timely post @JB. I was starting to think I had to make up some bag dilemma to add to my post count. :ROFLMAO:

I am truly appreciative of this event and want to dig right down into prep. I am ready for the order and I am really ready to learn about the putter. May is when all the prices go down in the golf courses in PHX so I will be playing a lot more then and will start to add more commentary on the Live Round Thread. Then when the clubs come in....boy oh boy!

It's been the commitment of the participants and you and the team at THP that have made all these experiences come to life. From the Live Update threads to the live streaming last year, it was a pleasure to soak in every moment of the lead up and the weekend and beyond, seeing the pictures and listening to the memories.

I am incredibly grateful to have been picked this year. My goal is obviously to not mess anything up for THP, but to give those here a look into the run up and the weekend itself. I can't wait to get started!

Do you want to be a tour player?!!!!!

I swear guys. No gratefulness or thanks needed. The only thing we need is for you guys to have the time of your lives

I swear guys. No gratefulness or thanks needed. The only thing we need is for you guys to have the time of your lives

I think thats a certainty! And, still, does need to be said and expressed as well. No one else does more for the golfing community; everyone I speak with is just dumbfounded that there's any place that would think of experiences like this

This has been one of the best things I have ever done. So much fun. Can't wait to talk clubs and more. Freaking amazing thing you all have made.

Blessed to be a part of the Cup celebrating Morgan. Looking forward to meeting Jose and Mike and learning more about their passion for golf and Cobra. Ton of fun coming. Life long memories.

I just wanted to say thanks, because thanks are in order. Not only for the Morgan Cup, but for this great forum.
I do not do social media like the other people my age because of the toxic and negative environment that has been created on the web.
This site is the only social media that I am part of because of the positive and well meaning people that populate THP.
I greatly appreciate being chosen for the Morgan Cup and hope to really immerse myself into the experience and have stories than I will be talking about for years.
You know you are very lucky when you tell your non-golfing friends about the Morgan Cup and it sounds so great that they think you have fallen for some internet scam!
Thanks THP

I am both thankful and appreciative of the experience and the opportunity. I can't wait to meet fellow THPers in person and share in an amazing weekend. Much thanks to all who have made this possible and those that continue to make this possible.

The best way to thank JB is with a big hug when you see him 🙂

Oh I’m showin up!! If I struggle with clubs initially, I’ll adapt. If I don’t play well, I’ll make the most of it. If we lose, I’ll blame our captain 😀. It’s a game. They are supposed to be fun. Likely, we will never get this chance again.

@JB words can not express the gratitude that this redneck, blue collar, short time golfer feels for all that you and Morgan do for this community. Since I started golfing and joined THP 2 years ago I have dreamed of being chosen for one of the fantastic Experiences on the forum and to be picked to be in the MC as my first still makes me shake my head in disbelief.
I only hope I can live up to the high standards of The Morgan Cup and all the fantastic alumni that this event has established! I would hate to be named " The First Richard" of the MC!
Thank you again JB and Morgan for all you do!

PS- you need to add "The Arrow Classic" to your list of majors! :)

I posted something very similar last year, but I think it bears repeating. As someone who suffers from considerable anxiety in any and all social situations, this forum has been a godsend over the last 12-18 months or so, a place where judgement is left at the door and a welcoming hand extended to all. Sometimes I'll post loads in a day and that's OK, sometimes I'll not post for a few days and just watch the threads unfold, and that's OK too. I don't express myself very well a lot of the times, and tend to use sarcasm and humour to try and cover being uncomfortable like a lot of people. Getting chosen for the MC was unbelievable, but the real magic happened afterwards with the camaraderie between everyone and the excitement building up to it. Not to mention the clubs.... Given everything that happened last year I was devastated that I wouldn't be able to make it, but was so thankful and grateful for the friends I'd made and the welcome given. It then blew my mind when I found I had a free pass into this year's event and I'm not sure it's really sunk in. I can't really find the words to explain just how much this means to me, and how much I'm looking forward to the whole thing.

I suppose this is a very long winded way of saying thank you. To JB, Morgan, all the team at PUMA and Cobra, but also to all my new friends and to the THP community in general. We'll make you proud in Vegas....

Hoping to get my first full round of golf in in a couple of weeks tomorrow. Of course it hasn't rained for a week but it's forecasted to start tomorrow morning when my tee time is!!!

Hoping to get my first full round of golf in in a couple of weeks tomorrow. Of course it hasn't rained for a week but it's forecasted to start tomorrow morning when my tee time is!!!
Sorry Capt. I would feel bad about the rain but, I have my first tee time in 6 MONTHS tomorrow! 😎

Sorry Capt. I would feel bad about the rain but, I have my first tee time in 6 MONTHS tomorrow! 😎
Yeah I can't complain. I have definitely played 20 or so holes of golf this week just getting out and puttering around my home course. I will get some more in today.

Went out this morning and got rained out 9. Finished with a 46 (+10). I doubled 1 & 3 but my swing was getting crispy on the last few holes. I wish I would have gotten to finish. We played a muni in Louisville (Charlie Vettiner) 6500 from the White. It's long for me and has super sloped greens.

Went out this morning and got rained out 9. Finished with a 46 (+10). I doubled 1 & 3 but my swing was getting crispy on the last few holes. I wish I would have gotten to finish. We played a muni in Louisville (Charlie Vettiner) 6500 from the White. It's long for me and has super sloped greens.
You are going to want to get used to those distances.

You are going to want to get used to those distances.
I play that long all the time. Still long, hence the headcovers in my bag. 😂

Back