The 2021 Morgan Cup with Cobra PUMA Golf: Want To Be A Tour Player

Ok flights booked.......I just went for it and booked a Thursday fly out, may stay with some family that night. Then head out early to the JDub on Friday morning, btw I have stayed there before and it's a great hotel.

I’m still working out logistics because the wife is wanting to fly out after the event for a day or two. I’m thinking about flying in Wednesday to play a round Thursday and maybe Friday morning.

Had my 2nd lesson yesterday. We started working on swinging under plane instead of over plane. It's going to be a bit before this is fully ingrained in my brain. I am sure I'm not the only one who has tried to take this step, but stopping an over the top motion is very difficult.

Also I am playing my first match in our club's Match Play Tournament. I have a feeling I will be easy fodder as playing to my cap during this transition is going to be difficult. Hoping the bad shots come in bunches on 2 or 3 holes and I can get some pars and bogeys the rest of the way. It's Sunday at 1:30 so I will post some updates.

Had my 2nd lesson yesterday. We started working on swinging under plane instead of over plane. It's going to be a bit before this is fully ingrained in my brain. I am sure I'm not the only one who has tried to take this step, but stopping an over the top motion is very difficult.

Also I am playing my first match in our club's Match Play Tournament. I have a feeling I will be easy fodder as playing to my cap during this transition is going to be difficult. Hoping the bad shots come in bunches on 2 or 3 holes and I can get some pars and bogeys the rest of the way. It's Sunday at 1:30 so I will post some updates.
One practice method which helps me ingrain swinging properly. Left arm only swings. Over and over every day. Just pick it up and 15/20 good hard swings. It's your right arm that creates the over the top....

Good luck to you! No better time to make an improvement to your game than the Morgan Cup!

Good luck to you! No better time to make an improvement to your game than the Morgan Cup!
Gotta bring my peacock game to Vegas.

One of the most underrated comedies ever. That movie makes me laugh so much. The opening scene with The Rock and Samuel L Jackson is absolutely incredible.

I’ve never had a lesson. It scares me to think of how bad I would really be 😂😂

I’ve never had a lesson. It scares me to think of how bad I would really be 😂😂
If you're going to do it do it now. It always gets worse before it gets better :oops:

If you're going to do it do it now. It always gets worse before it gets better :oops:

I'm not going to. I'll work and grind. I have found a functional shot shape and regardless.... consistency comes in repetition and I'll put in the work. Hackers must be defeated.

I'd wait until a couple of weeks before! You want those new swing thoughts to be fresh. 🤪🤪;)

Fun rivalry kidding aside, I agree with your Captain. Get the lessons in as soon as you can.

I'd wait until a couple of weeks before! You want those new swing thoughts to be fresh. 🤪🤪;)

Fun rivalry kidding aside, I agree with your Captain. Get the lessons in as soon as you can.
That's what I was thinking, a solid week of lessons just before you board the plane to Vegas! 😛

That's what I was thinking, a solid week of lessons just before you board the plane to Vegas! 😛
Oh you Team Hackers.....Always throwing out the jabs. Cap @jdtox will take care of his team. You just save that "advice" for your own team. :nono:

Oh you Team Hackers.....Always throwing out the jabs. Cap @jdtox will take care of his team. You just save that "advice" for your own team. :nono:
Just here to "Help". 😉😎

Last edited:
I have the best team ever. Discussed buying a travel bag on our team chat a couple weeks ago and this shows up on my porch today. It's amazing and I love it. Thank you so much guys.

In alphabetical order:

@Bryndom
@GolfTravelDude
@HarlettoScara
@LSMO
@Turtlerancher
@USAF Ret in Wis

Here is some CaddyDaddy goodness.

View attachment 9005910View attachment 9005911
Wow that's awesome. Great Job Team Hackers!! THPers never cease to amaze me.

Now LETS GO TEAM PARADISE!!! :p

I have the best team ever. Discussed buying a travel bag on our team chat a couple weeks ago and this shows up on my porch today. It's amazing and I love it. Thank you so much guys.

In alphabetical order:

@Bryndom
@GolfTravelDude
@HarlettoScara
@LSMO
@Turtlerancher
@USAF Ret in Wis

Here is some CaddyDaddy goodness.

View attachment 9005910View attachment 9005911

You deserve it Cap for putting up with us! :LOL:

Huge shoutout to the team at Caddy Daddy. @Rod Dunlap and team came through with an amazing design. Looks stunning

I have so much to catch up on this. The Morgan Cup is such a special event. You all are in for a treat. Always love seeing the prep discussions leading up to this.

So I'm literally setting on my phone Googling one of the poles you stick in golf travel bags to keep clubs from getting snapped and another package arrives with one of those poles you stick in golf travel bags to keep clubs from getting snapped.

Team Hackers are great dudes and magicians it seems LOL!

Thank you guys. I feel like a special Captain!!

So I'm literally setting on my phone Googling one of the poles you stick in golf travel bags to keep clubs from getting snapped and another package arrives with one of those poles you stick in golf travel bags to keep clubs from getting snapped.

Team Hackers are great dudes and magicians it seems LOL!

Thank you guys. I feel like a special Captain!!
I’d keep googling something else until things stop showing up 😂

Back