The 2022 MLB Thread + Hot Stove

PKorf

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
0-10
Well here it is again. 2022 is upon us and baseball news is pouring in....lol. Kind of.

This might be the more intriguing news

Buck Showalter is back, this time as Mets manager. That's all I got... 🀣

Well here it is again. 2022 is upon us and baseball news is pouring in....lol. Kind of.

Trust The Process, it’ll be fiiiiine.

Correa turned down 10/275 from Detroit. Wow, dude is just looking for money. Love his defense but is offense is not worth that price.

Correa turned down 10/275 from Detroit. Wow, dude is just looking for money. Love his defense but is offense is not worth that price.

It's crazy.. but I read somewhere recently that he's never had 30 HR's or 100 RBI in a season. Couldn't believe it so I had to look it up. He def. has not had either.

It's crazy.. but I read somewhere recently that he's never had 30 HR's or 100 RBI in a season. Couldn't believe it so I had to look it up. He def. has not had either.
He got moved down in the lineup in Houston. I mean there is a lot offense in that lineup but he got bumped down to the 6/7 hole because he wasn't the same after his back injuries.

Last edited:
Whatever haters. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Screenshot_20211224-101102_Instagram.jpg

And much like Seager, Correa is injury prone.

speaking of Seagers, Kyle Seager retires after hitting 35/101

Sadi LeBron's ballot infuriates me. Voted for Bonds last year, but doesn't vote for Bonds this year--OK thats fine. Votes for Sosa, Clemens, and Pettitte though?
View attachment 9056833
Some of these voters need their voting rights revoked!

Schilling so far has lost 13 votes from last year. It is a personality contest as we all know. I don't like the dude but losing votes year to year is dumb.

Omar Vizquel has lost 34 votes in his 5th year. I guess they all figure he will never get in so why waste one of your 10 votes. There is an average of 7.75 players per revealed ballot so far.

Schilling so far has lost 13 votes from last year. It is a personality contest as we all know. I don't like the dude but losing votes year to year is dumb.

Omar Vizquel has lost 34 votes in his 5th year. I guess they all figure he will never get in so why waste one of your 10 votes. There is an average of 7.75 players per revealed ballot so far.

There may be something there. I think a vote for either one now is essentially a lost vote. They're not getting in and it has nothing to do with their play on the field.

Vizquel has had some domestic abuse and sexual harassment allegations surface in the last couple years so that can possibly explain a decline. On the other hand, Schilling was on his way to induction despite the fact that he has become a polarizing figure off the field since his retirement. But then again, Schilling has actually gone as far as to ask the voters not to vote for him.

I mean Schilling practically begged for it. Ask and you shall receive?

I mean Schilling practically begged for it. Ask and you shall receive?

Nothing like giving them a legitimate reason not to vote for you. :LOL: . Because based on his play on the field, he is HOF worthy and would most likely have been voted in.

I wonder if they are going to make A-Rod wait 10 yrs if he gets in. Dude was a great ball player. I can't say when he started juicing but if that PO:poop: Bud Selig is in the HOF then all the steroids guys should be. Selig allowed all of that to happen so a nod to him means it was OK.

but that’s going to possibly happen with the ten vote max rule πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

(Also, I don’t care about the HOF… the hypocrisy of banning Rose who never influenced the game during his playing years but allowing juicers to be voted on turns me off. If you want to discredit and not vote for him due to the betting fine, but put him up to the jury just like the juicers…)

I wonder if they are going to make A-Rod wait 10 yrs if he gets in. Dude was a great ball player. I can't say when he started juicing but if that PO:poop: Bud Selig is in the HOF then all the steroids guys should be. Selig allowed all of that to happen so a nod to him means it was OK.

They will probably make him wait too.

Happy to see J-Roll above the threshold to stay on the ballot.

Nuts.
1641686376660.png

Back