The 2022 MLB Thread + Hot Stove

I'm a huge baseball guy. Season tix to Yanks for quite a few years. Walked away a while ago when the Yanks got stupid with season ticket prices with their new stadium. The HOF is a joke. Bud Selig was a joke. Don't take some high and mighty stance sometimes. Baseball was dead in the water and then HR Derby with Bonds, Sosa and McGwire saved it. And in my mind...a juiced batter vs a juiced pitcher is an even playing field.

Sadi LeBron's ballot infuriates me. Voted for Bonds last year, but doesn't vote for Bonds this year--OK thats fine. Votes for Sosa, Clemens, and Pettitte though?
View attachment 9056833
This is insane.

Also, the baseball HOF is kind of a joke. I'd be willing to bet there are a bunch of guys that used steroids way earlier than the so called steroid era in the HOF.

I also love baseball. Played a lot of it in my youth. But the players are locked out, and we may not see MLB for quite some time!

Jan 25 is when they announce HOF class. Getting close. A little less than half of ballots known and it looks good that Schilling will not get in. Ortiz looks pretty comfortable to get in and Bonds and Clemens are going to be nail biters. Dan Shaughnessy is a putz!

Nike and New Era are confused with hat designs.

4 days until they announce HOF'ers. Ortiz looks like the only one that can rest easy. Bonds and Clemens will come down to the wire.

4 days until they announce HOF'ers. Ortiz looks like the only one that can rest easy. Bonds and Clemens will come down to the wire.
Absolutely Ortiz.
bonds and Clemens were the best at their positions for their time. So I guess.

The curt schilling thing is a mess. Supposedly clean. A winner. And when compared to those who are in the Hall he meets ALL criteria. The “jack morris style” big game heroics. The “ Juan marichal or mike mussina” counting stats. Being unlikeable isn’t a crime.

Thinking Bonds and Clemens sneak in under 80% on their final ballets and Ortiz cruises into the HOF on his first ballet. Schilling gets left out in the cold which he appears to so desperately want.

I read the MLBPA and the owners are set to meet again to build on progress of yesterday's talks. I'm a huge baseball fan and I'm not sure I can withstand a loss of games like in 1994. They need to get a deal done, and soon.

I read the MLBPA and the owners are set to meet again to build on progress of yesterday's talks. I'm a huge baseball fan and I'm not sure I can withstand a loss of games like in 1994. They need to get a deal done, and soon.
Players let go of trying to get FA by age no matter what arbitration status was. Interesting as this is a hard one for owners to swallow. I kinda don't want Spring Training to happen so that the golf courses in AZ will have some tee times. #greedy

Also HOF'ers today. Should be interesting.

Players let go of trying to get FA by age no matter what arbitration status was. Interesting as this is a hard one for owners to swallow. I kinda don't want Spring Training to happen so that the golf courses in AZ will have some tee times. #greedy

Also HOF'ers today. Should be interesting.

I like where your head is at. :LOL:

Final predictions:

Ortiz sneaks through with 76% of the vote. 1-Man Class for 2022.

Bonds & Clemens both fall below 70% and are off the ballot for good.
ARod gets near 30% while the objectively worse (stats-wise) 3B Scott Rolen hits the 60% mark.

Visquel will amazingly go from 50% to less than 5% and get dropped from the ballot in a single year’s time. Crazy stuff! Has this ever happened before?

Final predictions:

Ortiz sneaks through with 76% of the vote. 1-Man Class for 2022.

Bonds & Clemens both fall below 70% and are off the ballot for good.
ARod gets near 30% while the objectively worse (stats-wise) 3B Scott Rolen hits the 60% mark.

Visquel will amazingly go from 50% to less than 5% and get dropped from the ballot in a single year’s time. Crazy stuff! Has this ever happened before?
I think you may be right. Ortiz gets in....Bonds and Clemens as well as Schilling will have to rely on the Veterans committee to get on because they all will miss today.

I think you may be right. Ortiz gets in....Bonds and Clemens as well as Schilling will have to rely on the Veterans committee to get on because they all will miss today.
Completely forgot about Schilling! You’re right though, I can’t see him getting in either and the Vets Committee will have to make the decision on those 3 (as well as ARod—unless he makes enough friends via his new platform these next few years as a media guy).

The last article I read said that numbers go down usually as people don't make their blank ballots public in lead up. It will be close.

I don’t know what it is about MLB and MLBPA but there seems to be more labor strife with these two than any other major sport, not a good look. That coupled with the “let the kids play” mantra as of late, has me rather disinterested.

I don’t know what it is about MLB and MLBPA but there seems to be more labor strife with these two than any other major sport, not a good look. That coupled with the “let the kids play” mantra as of late, has me rather disinterested.

Read somewhere today that there are now threats of cancelling games. Figure it out boys.

Simply put I think it is they haven't figured out salary cap. If they could get their teams on same field would be huge. The guaranteed contracts is stifling

Read somewhere today that there are now threats of cancelling games. Figure it out boys.

Cancelling games would be devastating. Then those revenues they keep bickering about will be significantly lower.

1643135025317.png

This video does a great job explaining the labor dispute and how it’s similar to ‘94. Skip to 10:35 for a rundown of the important stuff:

Baseball HOF is a joke. If they aren’t putting in arguably the greatest hitter of all time, they should just get rid of it.

Baseball HOF is a joke. If they aren’t putting in arguably the greatest hitter of all time, they should just get rid of it.

Writers supposedly keeping Bonds & Clemens out because of steroids but just voted a guy who was a DH and failed a drug test in on 1st ballot. Just doesn't make sense and gives HOF no credibility. FWIW... I think they all should be in including Ortiz.

Rollins stays on the ballet, nice!

I don't think David Ortiz is a first ballot HOF. Very good hitter but did not play the field. He gets in but not till 3rd or 4th year. Not surprised by bonds and clemens. They both have stood fast as FU baseball. I always thought Jeff Kent deserved to get in. One of the best hitting 2nd basement ever. Yes his defense was questionable but Ortiz didn't play defense.

I would like to see Rollins and Scott Rollin get in. And eventually chase Utley....obviously being a phillies fan I am biased.

Screenshot_20220126-012523_Chrome.jpg

Back