The 2022 MLB Thread + Hot Stove

If im Machado, I don't play today. I have watch the replay a bunch of times and you can see alfarrao move inside and his glove starts up before the pitch. So they were at least going in high and if he misses his spot, like he did, he hits Harper. If Machado plays he is getting hit

I am not sure what you are watching...

1656337025667.png

The ball is halfway there and he is absolutely not moving up and in.

It sucks it happened, but it wasn't intentional.

I am not sure what you are watching...

View attachment 9099983

The ball is halfway there and he is absolutely not moving up and in.

It sucks it happened, but it wasn't intentional.
I don't agree. I have watched numerous times. He sets up inside and the glove goes up. It was an intended high inside pitch.. not saying he meant to hit him but he meant to go high and in.

I don't agree. I have watched numerous times. He sets up inside and the glove goes up. It was an intended high inside pitch.. not saying he meant to hit him but he meant to go high and in.

Again, I just showed you a screenshot with the pitch halfway there and he was not at all setup high and inside.

1656345579220.png

Even as he starts his delivery the catcher is setup high, but nowhere NEAR inside off the plate.

Again, I just showed you a screenshot with the pitch halfway there and he was not at all setup high and inside.

View attachment 9100020

Even as he starts his delivery the catcher is setup high, but nowhere NEAR inside off the plate.
Yes he is. You can see alfarro move inside and glove goes right up.

You can think what you want and I can think what I want. The pitch was an attempt to go high and inside. I'm not saying he was trying to hit him but he did.

Paul Goldschmidt is just simply not human... That is my only explanation.

Now if only he AND Arenado could get hot at the same time.

Paul Goldschmidt is just simply not human... That is my only explanation.

Now if only he AND Arenado could get hot at the same time.

He’s going to end up one of those guys who when eligible for HOF we will look at his numbers and think “I didn’t realize just how good he was.”

He’s going to end up one of those guys who when eligible for HOF we will look at his numbers and think “I didn’t realize just how good he was.”

100% agree. Just plays the game the right way, head down not flashy etc.

100% agree. Just plays the game the right way, head down not flashy etc.
A friend of mine is really good friends w/ Pat Corbin and his family. Used to go hang out w/ the D’Backs team in AZ a lot. He always told me that Goldschmidt was a HOF person too. Literally said “he’s the nicest guy I’ve ever met.”

A friend of mine is really good friends w/ Pat Corbin and his family. Used to go hang out w/ the D’Backs team in AZ a lot. He always told me that Goldschmidt was a HOF person too. Literally said “he’s the nicest guy I’ve ever met.”

You have to love hearing that. I would have been SHOCKED to hear anything different, but you just never know.

Boston has played some great baseball in the month of the June, they are 19-5. This sounds crazy, but you know what that run has meant to them in terms of 1st place in the division? They have lost .5 game during the month. 11.5 games back in the morning on June 1 and are 12 games back this morning.

Boston has played some great baseball in the month of the June, they are 19-5. This sounds crazy, but you know what that run has meant to them in terms of 1st place in the division? They have lost .5 game during the month. 11.5 games back in the morning on June 1 and are 12 games back this morning.

Just shows how freaking good the Yankees have been.

The Sox are looking SUPER solid, yet have very little chance at winning the division. You have to be pretty happy with your boys Dean

I'm as bummed about Harper as anyone, but are you not allowed to pitch up and in anymore? Just sh***y luck.

I'm as bummed about Harper as anyone, but are you not allowed to pitch up and in anymore? Just sh***y luck.
Of course you are...its part of the game. BUT he was throwing a 97 mph fastball. If you're going up and in you better be able to control it.

I mean look at the Mariners / Angels kerfuffle.

Curious what everyone's thought was on trout almost getting beaned? Part of baseball? Pitching coach out to talk to pitcher and next pitch is at Trout's head....coincidence right?

Curious what everyone's thought was on trout almost getting beaned? Part of baseball? Pitching coach out to talk to pitcher and next pitch is at Trout's head....coincidence right?
Almost? He was almost in the playoffs too, so what. The fact that hitters keep crowding the plate and wearing body armor then complain that something is close is absurd. If the pitcher was supposed to hit Trout then he didn't need the pitching coach to come out and tell him to do it.

Almost? He was almost in the playoffs too, so what. The fact that hitters keep crowding the plate and wearing body armor then complain that something is close is absurd. If the pitcher was supposed to hit Trout then he didn't need the pitching coach to come out and tell him to do it.
What about Andrew Wantz?

🤦‍♂️

What about Andrew Wantz?
Phil Nevin made him do it and he won't be the manager after this season.

Straight up I am against purposely hitting other players. I think this going back a couple of weeks and then unwritten rules and all that garbage is dumb. Players get hit and players get hurt. 🤷‍♂️ I grew up watching Nolan Ryan and he had no idea where the ball was going so I think hitters need to calm down.......not everything is on purpose.

Back