The 2022 MLB Thread + Hot Stove

What a comeback win for the Cardiac Cardinals last night.

Down 5-1 in the 9th and scored 5 runs to win the game.

new rules approved.

15 second pitch clock with no runners on base
20 seconds with runners on
larger bases
no more shifts...need two fielders on the infield dirt on each side of 2nd base.

new rules approved.

larger bases
no more shifts...need two fielders on the infield dirt on each side of 2nd base.

I am SHOCKED

new rules approved.

larger bases
I'm torn on the shift, part of me says professional hitters should be able to use the whole field, other part says the shifts make for boring baseball.

Well I didn't realize this part...

Now it makes more sense

LMAO and what’s awesome is that was collectively bargained for. So yeah MLBPA “won” the lockout…owners still able to pull one over.

Pujols moves into solo 4th all time on the HR list. Looks like he will be getting plenty of opportunities to reach 700 because of the significant lead the Cardinals have in their division.

Pujols moves into solo 4th all time on the HR list. Looks like he will be getting plenty of opportunities to reach 700 because of the significant lead the Cardinals have in their division.
It was a clutch swing too, glad to see him get the chance to get to 700. Goldy and Nado need a break, they have stumbled a bit the last 2 weeks from the torrid pace they were on. Rest them up, then have them fresh for the playoffs.

I am sure a lot of people have seen this, but I think this is a really awesome gesture by the Machine

I am sure a lot of people have seen this, but I think this is a really awesome gesture by the Machine

I love that. Thanks for posting.

Thanks for posting. It's nice to read what he had to say about the fans. I am more of a fan of his after this (if that's even possible as he's one of the best ever and he plays and approaches the game the right way, so to speak).

Hope he get's to 700 and hope it happens at home.

I was reading about this last night and just thinking about how he is such a "good guy." He was only a Dodger for a few months but he is now beloved by Dodger fans. The team HR celebration became Uncle Albert meeting you at the top step of the dugout to give you a hug. God I hope he gets to 700. Go Tio Albert!

I will be at the last home series of the year, would be INCREDIBLE for him to get 700 while I am there.

I missed Sosa's 600th and ARod's 500th by 1 game. So yeah, that would be cool for you esp as a long time cards fan.

He should have never come back honestly. I am a TLR fan for what he did in Saint Louis, but he needs to call it quits.
It was a terrible hire to begin with. I'll always wonder what the Sox would've been the last couple years with Hinch at the helm.

Break from football. Judge hits 58 & 59 today and is currently .002 pts away from leading in all triple crown categories.

Kyle Gibson absolute trash in September.

new rules approved.

larger bases

I don't get the pitch clock.
They want to make games shorter, but the fastest games are always the ones that are pitching battles / shutouts
But they also want to grow the game and offense is what most fans love
It's a catch 22

Back