The 2022 MLB Thread + Hot Stove

Swept by the Cubs

I was at Wrigley earlier this month. We commented that it was like watching a AAA game in a MLB stadium. So I thought you must be goofing when you said the Cubs swept the Phillies; I went to espn to take a look. Ouch.

Last edited:
In typical Phillies fashion.
basically today will side it all for the phils. doubleheader vs, probably, the worst team in baseball. we have to take 2.

even if we back into the playoffs, it looks like st louis will sweep us the 2 games.

Phillies looking for bats, call up Long Ball Hall (a week too late).

Realmuto with arguably his best offensive season ever capping it off with this!

Mariners can clinch their first playoff birth in 21 years today before they even play (with Orioles loss). Wild Card seedings are still in the air, but right now it would be nicer to play the Blue Jays than the red hot Guardians.

I've purchased tickets to both the Wild Card series -- which is a long shot to overtake the Blue Jays 1.5 games back for the top seed -- and the ALDS in case they win the Wild Card series.

Gotta admit, kinda liked seeing the Braves take down DeGrom and the Mets. No good reason for it but I think I’m a Braves fan for the weekend.

Bottom of the 9th, 2 outs, 3-2 count, at home... Pinch hit walk off HR by Cal Raleigh to send the M's to the playoffs for the first time in 21 years. Type of storyline you make up in your head as a kid.

Hopefully gives them some momentum going into the WCS.

Bottom of the 9th, 2 outs, 3-2 count, at home... Pinch hit walk off HR by Cal Raleigh to send the M's to the playoffs for the first time in 21 years. Type of storyline you make up in your head as a kid.

Hopefully gives them some momentum going into the WCS.
It has been a super fun year for the Mariners. And they have enough high end starting pitching that they can actually make some noise in the post season

Embarrassment of riches for HOU on starting pitching going into the postseason

ALDS after a week off and an off day between games 1 and 2 and games 2 and 3. Only need a 3 man rotation.
Verlander, Framber, McCullers.

ALCS (if they get there) Normal 2 off 3 off 2
Verlander, Framber, McCullers, and I would pick Javier.
Urquidy, Garcia, and Hunter Brown to the pen. No bullpen game for this team. Their bullpen already has a sub 3 ERA and then you are going to add 3 horses in. C'mon son.

Bonds never tested positive for anything. No guarantee that Judge or Maris haven't used either. I'd bet it's highly likely Maris did and there was no testing for it back then.
not sure they had ped's back then but i'm sure they had some kind of helper. mike schmidt would talk about taking "greenies". so players have been using something to get an edge since the beginning of baseball. but bonds, mcgwrie and sosa went nuts with the stuff and turned into he-man dolls.

my guess is that judge and maris took or are taking (judge) something to help them. does not mean it is illegal but something. i would say it is a large percentage of players that are taking some kind of "enhancer", again might not be illegal but it's something to help give them an edge.

not sure they had ped's back then but i'm sure they had some kind of helper. mike schmidt would talk about taking "greenies". so players have been using something to get an edge since the beginning of baseball. but bonds, mcgwrie and sosa went nuts with the stuff and turned into he-man dolls.

my guess is that judge and maris took or are taking (judge) something to help them. does not mean it is illegal but something. i would say it is a large percentage of players that are taking some kind of "enhancer", again might not be illegal but it's something to help give them an edge.
First documented use by pro athletes was the 1954 Olympics, I believe. There's been several baseball players that said it was rampant in the 60s and 70s. Tom House said in an article that 7 or 8 pitchers just on his team were experimenting with anything they could to try to get the upper hand.

He's had an awesome season, but I'm sick of interrupting football games to see Aaron Judge try to manage the 7th most home runs in a season.

Over $103 million committed to Ohtani, Trout, and Rendon for next year. Still won't see the playoffs. A damn shame to waste Trout and Ohtani.

When you're struggling it's soooooo nice to play Washington. Magic # is 2. Let's go marlins....lol

Last edited:
So the Mets had DeGrom and Scherzer lined up for this series with Braves and lost first 2 games and down late in third game. If the lose they drop the first round bye and then would host the Padres then have to face the Dodgers in NLDS best of 5. Crazy to let division slip through their hands.

Back